Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 19th November 2007, 16:46   #1
BHPian

Default Road Condition between b'lore>kukke>Dharmastala

Hello,

Coming month i'm planning for Kukke, Dharmastala, Shringeri, Hornadu. i would like to know the road condition, as of i heard there is lot of bad stretches between Dharmastala to Shringeri. Is it safe to drive?

Thanks in Advance
Chetan
Chetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2007, 12:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetu View Post
Hello,

Coming month i'm planning for Kukke, Dharmastala, Shringeri, Hornadu. i would like to know the road condition, as of i heard there is lot of bad stretches between Dharmastala to Shringeri. Is it safe to drive?

Thanks in Advance
Chetan
Hello Chetan,
there are threads existing on the same topic , please do a search n you'll get the links.
As of now. Road condition is not that good from sakleshpura - Kukke - dharmasthala.
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2007, 18:46   #3
BHPian

I heard that the Shiradi Ghat is closed for repairs and no vehicle will be allowed on that route till the whole stretch has been repaired and God knows how many months or rather years those people will take to repair the whole 36Kms stretch.

Vijay

Last edited by vijay_k : 20th November 2007 at 18:49.
vijay_k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 17:05   #4

Guys,
I did Dharmastala-Kukke on 25th dec. Road is fine. Gundya - Kukke road is open for traffic though the bridge work is about to complete. Looks like this road is getting widened also. Road is pretty bad for some stretches but definitely drivable (no craters) in 2nd gear. Saw some altos cruising along.
-Nadigar
nadigar is offline   Reply With Quote