Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 15th March 2016, 11:42   #121
BHPian

Default re: Chennai - Trichy : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Friends,

I have to go to Thirukoillur, near Villupuram, on Mar 19th.

Google shows the following two routes: -

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Av...!1m0!3e0?hl=en
and
https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Av...!1m0!3e0?hl=en

Which one will you recommend, based on recent knowledge?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I dont have an idea on this. Lets check with others. Thiruvannamala-Villupuram is a bigger highway for sure.
Last May 2015, I traveled between Thirukoilur to Villupuram on my way to Pondy via Arakandanallur, Kilvalai.
The road conditions were good and nothing to worry about. Its a normal 2L road and not very broad. However, occasional bus traffic will be there. I don't expect that road to be worse due to monsoons. So you can go exit at Villupuram and take this route to go towards Thirukoilur.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2016, 11:55   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
But that didn't stop Adyar Anandha Bhavan from expanding into these cities. And they are very successful at that too!
I am sure HSB can penetrate into the Highway eateries which A2B has successfully ventured to, if not the inside cities. Even inside the cities, there definitely is strong business case for restaurants providing standardized food with clean amenities in other Tier 2 cities like Trichy, Salem, Tirunelveli, Tuticorin (I am surprised they are not here since they from around this place).

Please note I am not a fan for HSB, just a person who expects a basic level of standards when travelling to these places. I am still for the local flavor which a city like Madurai brings with its restaurants. But they can sometimes be a hit or miss in somewhere else.
DWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2016, 23:54   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
I am sure HSB can penetrate into the Highway eateries which A2B has successfully ventured to, if not the inside cities. Even inside the cities, there definitely is strong business case for restaurants providing standardized food with clean amenities in other Tier 2 cities like Trichy, Salem, Tirunelveli, Tuticorin (I am surprised they are not here since they from around this place).

Please note I am not a fan for HSB, just a person who expects a basic level of standards when travelling to these places. I am still for the local flavor which a city like Madurai brings with its restaurants. But they can sometimes be a hit or miss in somewhere else.
The quality of food I get at Saravana Bhavan in Salem (local group, not part of HSB) and at Sangeetha in Trichy is even better than the one at HSB in Chennai.

A2B is surely successful in penetrating into the Tier 2 cities but, I always prefer to go to local restaurants than A2B's. I get much better and quality food there.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote