Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 2nd December 2007, 19:51   #1
Default bangalore mumbai highway query

i wana go to mumbai by my apache 150cc , from bangalore.
can u pls guide me about road condition n any other route rather than chitradurga -kolapur-belgam route. what hotels n service stations in between .. i wana go on 15th of dec. its urgent
moto.medi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2007, 22:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

NH4 is the best and fastest route. Road construction work is on between Chitradurga and Hubli. Bad roads between Ranebennur and Haveri. Good hotels at Chitradurga, Davangere, Hubli, Dharwad, Belgaum and Satara.

No idea what speeds you would do, but I would expect you to reach at least Kolhapur on Day 1 - I have driven a 100cc bike through the night, starting 6 pm, to reach Belgaum by day break in the good old bad days 20 years ago, when there were neither bypasses nor good roads, and I am sure you can beat that with a fast bike like Apache.

The only disappointment is that bikes are not allowed on the Pune-Bombay expressway, you will have to continue on the NH4 between Pune/Dehu Road and Panvel/Kalamboli.

Lots of service stations, puncture shops. Dhabas, restaurants OK, also lots of Reliance A1 plazas.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2007, 08:32   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

@moto.medi, pls do a search for "NH4" or "NH-4" - you will find quite a few threads that have discussed the route. Here are a few such threads:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...road-trip.html (Need info for Bangalore-poona-mumbai road trip)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...bangalore.html (Quick Report -ahmedabad - Bangalore)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...bangalore.html (Bijapur - Hospet - Bangalore)

@hvkumar has already summarized the route for you here. While you will also find alternate routes in these threads, NH-4 remains a good route, except for some incomplete stretches in between.

Drive Safe.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote