Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 12th October 2016, 10:44   #616
BHPian

Default Re: Coorg recommendations

Arakalagud-Ramanathapura stretch is being worked on.
See here (Which is the best route to Coorg from Bangalore?) for details.
rajathv8 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2016, 00:34   #617
BHPian

Default Re: Coorg recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
Roads beyond Channarayapattana to Madikeri are not what I would call bad. There are a few stretches that are a bit patchy on which one can maintain about 60Kmph.
On a personal note I prefer the NH75 route and have traveled thrice.
I love driving on the road between SH121 and SH102.

Does anyone know the condition of the approach road to Chelavara falls?

PS: I too will be travelling to coorg this weekend
Thanks brother for the recommendation, I did go through SH 121 and SH102 and it was very nice. After SH121 and SH102 and only for few kilometer the road is underconstruction but not much issue to drive on. Apart from that I would say the roads are quite good till Chelavara falls.

I guess you would already have gone and come back but the falls are closed for a month now as couple people died there before we went there. Though we went there but now a guard is posted there who won't let anyone sit there. Its supposedly closed by the DM. But to reach there after you take the turn for the falls the road is bad for 2 kms and then its all concrete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Second rajathv8. Roads are not bad except for a small stretch between Arkalgud - Ramanathapura where you need to watch out for broken sections. Had posted details in my thread (Red Dwarf's monsoon diary - Exploring new roads of rural Karnataka in a TUV300) Do not miss out driving on SH121
I did not miss out driving on SH121 it was nice. Thanks for all the help and info.
kanu2k15 is offline   Reply With Quote