Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 28th October 2016, 21:33   #331
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore to Shirdi : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubbi View Post
For a Wednesday late evening, do I have to book darshan online OR (like the instances you quoted) could I hope to finish it in quick time (without any poojas alongwith). For a Thursday morning darshan (again no poojas), do I have to book online?

If Rajgurunagar-Chakan-Talegaon is the standard route, will stick to it. Wont go route-hunting in an unfamiliar place.
From Bhimashakar to Rajgurunagar, is the recommended route via Manchar or via Chas?
Sorry but I have never tried online booking during my umpteen visits to Shirdi . It has always been planning accordingly based on whether I wished to attend early morning Kakad aarti or a general darshan. However I have learnt that online booking is beneficial, so hope other BHPians advise you on this. If you are planning for Thursday, then better book the darshan online. I can't 100% assure you that you will have a quick darshan during Wednesday late evening, but most of the times 5-8pm is less crowded except on Thursdays and weekends.

I somehow forgot to mention in my previous post that Manchar route is generally preferred for Bhimashankar. Even I had taken the same route few years back. Not sure of the present conditions but I know people usually take Manchar route.
vivek95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2016, 21:28   #332
BHPian

Default Re: Pune - Coimbatore : Route Queries

Just back from the Bangalore-Shirdi trip.

Thanks everyone for the great info in this thread. I need not look any further than this thread, for any information regarding this route including stay recommendations.

Special thanks to @paragsachania for the timely inputs and the great compilation of Food & fuel joints and Pune Bypass directions.
It was of great help to plan food breaks and fuel joints on the fly. The GMaps waypoints for the bypass and the location of those joints are very convenient to use. Hats off sir
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
30th is a Sunday and is a festive weekend due to Diwali. So the heavy traffic bypassing Pune is not fully applicable then. Hence, you can start at your own suitable time.
Road updates:
Entire Bangalore-Pune stretch is good (only fly in ointment is the speedbreakers/rumblers on the otherwise beautiful highway).

Pune-Nagar is Okayish with roads bumpy at places and small potholes.

Nagar-Shirdi stretch is bad with lot of huge potholes and it gets increasingly worser towards Shirdi. Interestingly, I found the left lane to be good and the right lane is severely damaged. So, anyone who travels this stretch can maintain left lane by default.
nfsfreak is offline   Reply With Quote