Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2013, 21:45   #166
BHPian
 
luvurride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 485
Thanked: 261 Times
Default re: Bangalore, Chennai via Chittoor : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I hope you are referring to the following route:

Route Link
.
Yes! In this route, the signal where you join back to Porur road(where you almost make a 'V' left) is where sometimes I've seen traffic. Otherwise this is much better than going through Poonamallee town.
luvurride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2013, 21:57   #167
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,784
Thanked: 7,454 Times
Default re: Bangalore, Chennai via Chittoor : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
Yes! In this route, the signal where you join back to Porur road(where you almost make a 'V' left) is where sometimes I've seen traffic. Otherwise this is much better than going through Poonamallee town.
Sorry I goofed up with the route. I meant I take the Ponamallee flyover and go through Ponamallee town. So what you are referring is; the route, which I showed by accident is what I actually need to take!
I have seen quite some traffic till I hit the V-left. A bigger problem is while driving back to Bangalore. Wading through V-left point to the bypass is really painful. In that case too, this route which I put should help avoid that traffic. I will try this next time!

Last edited by ampere : 11th February 2013 at 21:58.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2013, 22:15   #168
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 799
Thanked: 371 Times
Default re: Bangalore, Chennai via Chittoor : Route Queries

If anyone is traveling alone B'lore-Chennai-Bangalore this weekend in their car, and have a free seat, can you please let me know (or PM me) if its okay to accompany you?

Thanks
-Ravi
ravib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2013, 10:53   #169
Senior - BHPian
 
J.Ravi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,144
Thanked: 3,836 Times
Default re: Bangalore, Chennai via Chittoor : Route Queries

Did Chennai to Bangalore via Chittoor and Kolar on 22/23 Feb 2013. Left Chennai Royapettah home at 10:06 pm last night and reached Bangalore Basaveswara Nagar home at 4:02 am today.

There was heavy traffic all along the route upto Poonamallee. Sand lorries ruled the roost from Mulabagilu to Bangalore showering sand on the other road-users.

Road-widening [4-laning] works have started from AP-KA border upto Mulabagilu without causing any disturbance to the traffic on the existing 2-lane NH 4.

Visit here (Cara Mia Fiat Linea!) for more details.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2013, 08:18   #170
Senior - BHPian
 
J.Ravi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,144
Thanked: 3,836 Times
Default re: Bangalore, Chennai via Chittoor : Route Queries

Did Bangalore to Chennai via Kolar and Chittoor on 7/8 March 2013. Left Bangalore Basaveswara Nagar home at 10:35 pm on 7/3 and reached Chennai Royapettah home at 4:20 am on 8/3.

I found that two toll plazas near Hoskote and Mulabagilu were getting ready to collect toll. Sign boards indicating the name of the concessionaire, signals, lights were all there which were missing when I passed them the previous time. So, we have to be ready to part with toll at these two toll plazas soon.
J.Ravi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2013, 12:42   #171
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 799
Thanked: 371 Times
Default re: Bangalore, Chennai via Chittoor : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Did Bangalore to Chennai via Kolar and Chittoor on 7/8 March 2013. Left Bangalore Basaveswara Nagar home at 10:35 pm on 7/3 and reached Chennai Royapettah home at 4:20 am on 8/3.

I found that two toll plazas near Hoskote and Mulabagilu were getting ready to collect toll. Sign boards indicating the name of the concessionaire, signals, lights were all there which were missing when I passed them the previous time. So, we have to be ready to part with toll at these two toll plazas soon.
Thanks J.Ravi. I was planning for a trip to madras this month end, so most likely i may have to shell out toll even in chittoor route. !!!

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 20:04   #172
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,784
Thanked: 7,454 Times
Default re: Bangalore, Chennai via Chittoor : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
Yes! In this route, the signal where you join back to Porur road(where you almost make a 'V' left) is where sometimes I've seen traffic. Otherwise this is much better than going through Poonamallee town.
Thanks for this. The bypass works like a charm! Going through the town was a pain. Never realised the bypass existed and almost is devoid of traffic.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2013, 10:11   #173
BHPian
 
ramases6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 46
Thanked: 13 Times
Default re: Bangalore, Chennai via Chittoor : Route Queries

Thank you J.Ravi.About the sand being deposited by lorries on the road; is that is a problem that cannot be sorted in the short term?Do you think the road route would be more congested by day? Most of your trips appear to have been at night.
I also enjoyed your Cara Mia Fiat Linea posts.Very well documented and presented.
Regards
ramases6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2013, 21:08   #174
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,107
Thanked: 117 Times
Default re: Bangalore, Chennai via Chittoor : Route Queries

Planning to drive down to Chennai in a couple of days. Wondering how the road conditions are after the monsoon rains on Kolar -> Chittoor -> Chennai NH4 path ?
Anyone did it recently ?
Thanks.
lancer_rit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2013, 22:47   #175
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 799
Thanked: 371 Times
Default re: Bangalore, Chennai via Chittoor : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Planning to drive down to Chennai in a couple of days. Wondering how the road conditions are after the monsoon rains on Kolar -> Chittoor -> Chennai NH4 path ?
Anyone did it recently ?
Thanks.
I did it last weekend and the road conditions are good throughout, except for few kms between Mulbagal to Palamaner.

However, be aware that at time there are telengana protests in AP and you may hit across road blocks which could either delay your time or you have to detour a lot to join GQ if the agitation is severe.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2013, 22:59   #176
BHPian
 
pugram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 270
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
However, be aware that at time there are telengana protests in AP and you may hit across road blocks which could either delay your time or you have to detour a lot to join GQ if the agitation is severe.

-Ravi
I did get caught at Palamner bus stand and near the karnataka border during my B'lore trip in Aug. Thanks to another car driver, managed to do some mud plugging through some villages and entered karnataka before Mulbagal. Forgot the place... some checkpost.

Hosur road is better to avoid any surprises.

Last edited by pugram : 25th September 2013 at 23:07.
pugram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2013, 09:03   #177
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,107
Thanked: 117 Times
Default re: Bangalore, Chennai via Chittoor : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
I did it last weekend and the road conditions are good throughout, except for few kms between Mulbagal to Palamaner.

However, be aware that at time there are telengana protests in AP and you may hit across road blocks which could either delay your time or you have to detour a lot to join GQ if the agitation is severe.

-Ravi
Thanks. If I start early from near Hoskote (say 5:30AM), will this reduce the chance of Telengana protest blockade in AP ?

Alternately, has anyone tried Mulbagal -> Agara -> Venkatagirikota -> Gudiyattam -> Vellore ...
lancer_rit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2013, 09:32   #178
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,784
Thanked: 7,454 Times
Default re: Bangalore, Chennai via Chittoor : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Alternately, has anyone tried Mulbagal -> Agara -> Venkatagirikota -> Gudiyattam -> Vellore ...
People mostly have tried

Mulbagal-Palamaner-Gudiyattam-Vellore.

Last edited by ampere : 26th September 2013 at 09:34.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2013, 11:39   #179
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 799
Thanked: 371 Times
Default re: Bangalore, Chennai via Chittoor : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Thanks. If I start early from near Hoskote (say 5:30AM), will this reduce the chance of Telengana protest blockade in AP ?

Alternately, has anyone tried Mulbagal -> Agara -> Venkatagirikota -> Gudiyattam -> Vellore ...
I don't think starting at 5:30 from Hoskote will help. May be, if you cross AP border before 6/6:30 am, it should be okay, but it all depends on the day you travel and your luck factor not to bump into protest area, no one can predict how the protests happens each day.

If you are in hurry to reach madras, simply take GQ all throughout though its bit longer.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2013, 17:09   #180
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 40
Thanked: 15 Times
Default re: Bangalore, Chennai via Chittoor : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Thanks. If I start early from near Hoskote (say 5:30AM), will this reduce the chance of Telengana protest blockade in AP ?

Alternately, has anyone tried Mulbagal -> Agara -> Venkatagirikota -> Gudiyattam -> Vellore ...
I tried this a couple of weeks back. Mulbagal to V Kota the road is really bad. Infact for most part there is hardly any road. Road from Gudiyattam to V Kota is quite good except the last few kms before V. Kota. My suggestion is avoid this route.

Satish
VeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries madan80 Route / Travel Queries 2539 5th December 2016 22:53
Bangalore to Kottayam via Salem : Route Queries svkndv Route / Travel Queries 46 29th June 2016 09:52
Chennai-Mumbai-Chennai route queries jeevmenon Route / Travel Queries 69 8th February 2012 12:04
Chittoor - Route Info And Advisable To Travel Now ? narayan Route / Travel Queries 0 21st December 2009 13:08
Hyderabad-Talakona waterfalls (Chittoor) romyeo4u Route / Travel Queries 6 17th September 2008 15:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:39.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks