Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 26th March 2009, 11:36   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
I totally agree with Hrag here Daniel.

Before 4 laning work, NH4 was actually very pleasure to drive and also we could do very high speeds. It is fun and you encounter nice food joints on the way, full of trees on either side etc.

GQ will take to your destination faster with monotonous speed driving but these 2 laners although brings down your speed but gives fun in appreciating nature.

Abhi
Hi Abhi thanks for confirming that. So completeness wise GQ route is 99% complete and NH4 is being widened and is much less complete?

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
NH4 also was never as crowded as the other route as it passes through Andhra and lorries/buses would generally not take this route.
Its been almost 2 years since I got a chance to drive down to Chennai. Used to prefer the NH4 route due to the complete road. (GQ under construction) Even then NH4 was fun and fast with less traffic.

Guess I will go down GQ and come back via NH4/chitoor.

Where exactly does this choice come once you come down poonamalee high road.
IronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 11:45   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post

It's just after the toll booth in samuthiram, don't take the flyover that comes next and go under it to turn right to the road to walajahpet/ranipet-chitoor.

But it might be better to use the GQ both ways as the road widening will slow you down a fair deal.

If you want to avoid athibele bommanahalli silkboard, take a right @ hosur to reach sarjapur and take the NH 208 to reach varthur-KR puram/sarjapur road.
marlinspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 11:52   #78
BANNED

Quote:

Suggest you don't do the Chittoor route after dark if you're not used to it (the route not night driving).

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinspike View Post
It's just after the toll booth in samuthiram, don't take the flyover that comes next and go under it to turn right to the road to walajahpet/ranipet-chitoor.
Don't take the first right after the Samudram toll plaza (2nd one from Chennai). Instructions to avoid the mess called Walajapet are given here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...tml#post953372

Also, the Attibele - Sarjapura road may or may not be useful depending on where you stay in Bangalore.
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 11:54   #79
BHPian

Quote:
If you want to avoid athibele bommanahalli silkboard, take a right @ hosur to reach sarjapur and take the NH 208 to reach varthur-KR puram/sarjapur road.
Is there a route from Hosur to Sarjapur? The route i know off..is to turn right at Attibele ( just after you enter KA from Hosur )..that will take you to Sarjapur.
m8002? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 11:56   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

But it might be better to use the GQ both ways as the road widening will slow you down a fair deal.

Thanks Marlin - think I will stick with the GQ this time around.

Also could you give me the landmark at Hosur to turn off and bypass Bommanahalli?
Old 26th March 2009, 12:13   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also could you give me the landmark at Hosur to turn off and bypass Bommanahalli?
Around 800m after you enter the bad roads (read Bangalore), you will have tons of construction work happening. Keep to your right and you will see a path towards the right. Take it.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 13:00   #82
Senior - BHPian

Actually last week when I had come down to Bangalore, took me only an hour and a half to reach my office at M G Road from Hosur. This was done between 9.15 and 10.45 in the morning. The first place I got stuck in a jam was at the Madivala Jn. Except for some diversions at various Jns. the road was a breeze all the way upto Bommanahalli. Dont know if it was an exception when I had travelled or its improved a lot on Hosur Road.
pypkmsrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 13:05   #83
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
the road was a breeze all the way upto Bommanahalli. Dont know if it was an exception when I had travelled or its improved a lot on Hosur Road.
2 Days back I also traveled from EC to Bommanahalli. There will absolute no traffic you can say. But the main Bottle Neck is Bommanahalli Junction now. All the buses private/GOVT will stand in Parrallel and every one will come in wrong side trying to cross the Road. Which makes huge traffic some time. And also as this is the starting point of the Fly Over the Road get Narrow at this Juction.
arin_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 13:14   #84
BANNED

Traffic conditions on Hosur Road have improved - so depending on time of day, it makes more sense to go through the city.
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 22:45   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Suggest you don't do the Chittoor route after dark if you're not used to it (the route not night driving).

Also, the Attibele - Sarjapura road may or may not be useful depending on where you stay in Bangalore.
Not a night highway person. Dont like to guess and play chicken in the dark / poorly lit sections.

I stay in cooke town so have to go through the city to get there, dont think going around would make much of a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
Actually last week when I had come down to Bangalore, took me only an hour and a half to reach my office at M G Road from Hosur. .... Dont know if it was an exception when I had travelled or its improved a lot on Hosur Road.
Is the Flyover ready?? just kidding.

Once that is ready. it will cut travel by.. 20-40 mins? depending on time/day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Traffic conditions on Hosur Road have improved - so depending on time of day, it makes more sense to go through the city.
I may try to take the turn mohit and others suggested - If I miss that turn then through city it is
Old 22nd April 2009, 10:33   #86
BHPian

Folks,
Tomorrow being tamilnadu bandh (leaving early morning to beat the 6 am deadline) and am forced to take chittor route to bangalore enroute to coorg.
Kindly advice the best route to hit mysore road from chittor route.
PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 10:39   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Folks,
Tomorrow being tamilnadu bandh (leaving early morning to beat the 6 am deadline) and am forced to take chittor route to bangalore enroute to coorg.
Kindly advice the best route to hit mysore road from chittor route.
On that route, you will be getting into Bangalore at Krishnarajapuram. Take the ring road going to Hebbal from there and keep going straight on the Hebbal ring road till you reach the dead end at Tumkur road. Here, take a right onto Tumkur road. Go a little further, you will get another junction, take a left at this junction, you are then on the ring road that takes you to Magadi road. At the dead end, again, take a right, go a little further, you will get a fork in the road, take the left fork, the right one goes to Magadi. Once you take the left fork, you are on the ring road that takes you to Kengeri, keep going straight on this road till the dead end and you will hit Mysore road. Take a right turn and you are on Mysore road !
kannan666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 10:55   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
On that route, you will be getting into Bangalore at Krishnarajapuram. Take the ring road going to Hebbal from there and keep going straight on the Hebbal ring road till you reach the dead end at Tumkur road. Here, take a right onto Tumkur road. Go a little further, you will get another junction, take a left at this junction, you are then on the ring road that takes you to Magadi road. At the dead end, again, take a right, go a little further, you will get a fork in the road, take the left fork, the right one goes to Magadi. Once you take the left fork, you are on the ring road that takes you to Kengeri, keep going straight on this road till the dead end and you will hit Mysore road. Take a right turn and you are on Mysore road !
ions in Bang

Thnx mate,Being elections in bangalore trow(holiday??), will it advisable to go thru city if its shorter?

Tnx
PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 13:14   #89
BHPian

Quote:
ions in Bang

Thnx mate,Being elections in bangalore trow(holiday??), will it advisable to go thru city if its shorter?

Tnx
If you leave Chennai around 5:30am, you should be getting into Bangalore only after 10:00am. Going through the city might get a little crowded even though a lot of establishments are closed for the elections, it is anybody's guess ! If you are however planning on going through the city, you can take the this route : KR Puram-MG Road-Residency Road-Corporation-Town Hall Flyover-Mysore Road. It is shorter but may not be faster !
kannan666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 14:30   #90
BHPian

Quote:
ions in Bang

Tnx
Yes, I would suggest you cut across the city.

If you take the ring road, I would suggest the other way. Taking the ring road under the KRPuram ROB, go thru Marathalli to Silk Board, take left on Hosur Road, drive around 10 kms, take the NICE road all the way till Mysore Road.
arindamray is offline   Reply With Quote