Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2010, 10:00   #31
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: mysore
Posts: 101
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

hi
latest update. last week i was in bekal fort.
regarding roads,
mysore to iritty is really good via makutta.
from iritty bridge onawards upto taliparamba is managable, but from there on on the NH, the road is horrible and as many have suggested, litreally undrivable.
i felt, a train would have been more enjoyable than painful driving.
also, finally, i felt rather disappointed at overall kasargod experience as, the house boat operated by BRDC was not that good ( and very expensive too) and food at nalanda was a let down and not to forget the heavy traffic noise just outside.
the road from nileshwar to bagamandala is there , but again same horrible condition.
nutmello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 11:17   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 688
Thanked: 238 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutmello View Post
hi
latest update. last week i was in bekal fort.
regarding roads,
mysore to iritty is really good via makutta.
from iritty bridge onawards upto taliparamba is managable, but from there on on the NH, the road is horrible and as many have suggested, litreally undrivable.
i felt, a train would have been more enjoyable than painful driving.
also, finally, i felt rather disappointed at overall kasargod experience as, the house boat operated by BRDC was not that good ( and very expensive too) and food at nalanda was a let down and not to forget the heavy traffic noise just outside.
the road from nileshwar to bagamandala is there , but again same horrible condition.
@nutmello, I fear you travelled via Kannur from Iritty..right...?? and probably your NH experience is just after Kannur and at Karivellur (could be)..is it? You don't need to touch the Iritty bridge to go to Thalipparamba.

The Iritty - Srikantapuram - Thaliparamaba - Payannur road is very good and has smooth surface.

Sad to see that the food at Nalanda was a let down for you. For me, it was always good. I had lunch from there many a times. But if you cross 1PM, then don't expect the regular fish curry meals.

Thanks
Rajesh
RajeshK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2011, 12:14   #33
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 221
Thanked: 19 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Kasaragod : Route Queries

Can anyone update the current conditions of these routes?
I think Bangalore-Kasargod by road is becoming so difficult.

Is going Via Mangalore better option?
How about those roads?
mykal shoemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2011, 14:17   #34
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 356
Thanked: 111 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Kasaragod : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykal shoemaker View Post
Can anyone update the current conditions of these routes?
I think Bangalore-Kasargod by road is becoming so difficult.

Is going Via Mangalore better option?
How about those roads?
I did the following route in Oct:
Bangalore-Sakaleshpur-Gundya-Kukke-Sullia/Jalsoor-Kasargod.

All the stretches except Shiradi was good and now Shiradi also seem to be good as per other threads. Kukke-Sullia is single, but good road. Jalsoor-Kasargod was in very good condition.

You can try Mangalore route too. But would run into NH17 traffic. If you decide to go via Mangalore, take the short-cut before BC Road to University via Infosys and land near Ullal on NH17, this should save good time.

Prasad
prasad14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2011, 16:43   #35
BHPian
 
roamingrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 335
Thanked: 165 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Kasaragod : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykal shoemaker View Post
Can anyone update the current conditions of these routes? I think Bangalore-Kasargod by road is becoming so difficult.
Had been to Kasargod on Mar 5th. With Sampaje ghat closed, the shortest route would be Shiradi ghat - Kalladka - vittla - perla - Badiadka - Kasargod. except for the narrow vittla - perla stretch (19km), all roads are good.

Yes, kukke - jalsoor - mulleria and Uppinangadi - vittla - perla routes are also drivable, but you minimise the stretch of narrow roads when you drive on kalladka - perla route.

more details on our drive :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2270786 (The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi)


Quote:
Originally Posted by mykal shoemaker View Post
Is going Via Mangalore better option?
How about those roads?
Quote:
Originally Posted by prasad14 View Post
You can try Mangalore route too. But would run into NH17 traffic. If you decide to go via Mangalore, take the short-cut before BC Road to University via Infosys and land near Ullal on NH17, this should save good time.
Yes, a longer but faster option. NH17 from Mangalore to Kasargod is in good condition ( mixture of patched up and newly asphalted road ). As prasad suggests, you could avoid BC road - Mangalore ( pumpwell ) stretch by driving on the Konaje route from Pane mangaluru to Thokottu on NH17.
roamingrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 09:14   #36
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 688
Thanked: 238 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Kasaragod : Route Queries

For going to Bekal Fort from Bangalore my preference is Bangalore - Madikeri - Bhagamandala - Panathur - Kanhangad - Bekal. As of now the road condition is good and this is the shortest of all.

If you going to Kasargod, my suggestion will be Uppinangadi - Puttur - Vittala - Cherkala - Kasargod.

Thanks
Rajesh
RajeshK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 13:09   #37
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 221
Thanked: 19 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Kasaragod : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
For going to Bekal Fort from Bangalore my preference is Bangalore - Madikeri - Bhagamandala - Panathur - Kanhangad - Bekal. As of now the road condition is good and this is the shortest of all.

If you going to Kasargod, my suggestion will be Uppinangadi - Puttur - Vittala - Cherkala - Kasargod.

Thanks
Rajesh
My intention is to reach Kasaragod town.
What about going direct to Taliparamba from Iritty? (after taking regular gonikkoppa-virajpet-iritti road).

Is that road good? I hope NH17 between Taliparamba--Kasaragod is in good condition.

Thanks Prasad ,roaming for your suggestions.

I'll prefer good roads,as its only one person is driving, than short routes.

Last edited by mykal shoemaker : 31st March 2011 at 13:10.
mykal shoemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 08:25   #38
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 688
Thanked: 238 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Kasaragod : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykal shoemaker View Post
My intention is to reach Kasaragod town.
What about going direct to Taliparamba from Iritty? (after taking regular gonikkoppa-virajpet-iritti road).

Is that road good? I hope NH17 between Taliparamba--Kasaragod is in good condition.

Thanks Prasad ,roaming for your suggestions.

I'll prefer good roads,as its only one person is driving, than short routes.
Refer this link -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2293976 for update till Iritty.

Iritty - Thalipparamba -> Very good ~1hr
Thalippramba - Nileswar (NH17) -> Very good ~35mts

Beyond Nileswar (NH17), I haven't travelled recently, but hope road is relaid after the last mansoon.

Thanks
Rajesh
RajeshK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2013, 13:05   #39
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 37
Thanked: 15 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Kasaragod : Route Queries

Hi Guys,

Bumping up this thread. Anyone who can help me with the best route to take to kasargod for this weekend? Hear that the Shiradi Ghat is gone. Any updates on the madikeri -sullia route?

Have to decide between driving down or taking the bus.

Thanks.
Statement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2013, 19:26   #40
JLN
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 160
Thanked: 68 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Kasaragod : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statement View Post
Hi Guys,

Bumping up this thread. Anyone who can help me with the best route to take to kasargod for this weekend? Hear that the Shiradi Ghat is gone. Any updates on the madikeri -sullia route?

Have to decide between driving down or taking the bus.

Thanks.
A close friend went to coorg this weekend and mentioned that the madikeri-sulia route (about 45 kms stretch) is virtually non existent. even before the rains, the roads were bad and he was saying that now only one side of the road is even visible and even that is really bad. Whoever is driving on this stretch, please be careful
JLN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2013, 09:18   #41
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 4,812
Thanked: 4,739 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Kasaragod : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statement View Post
Any updates on the madikeri -sullia route?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLN View Post
A close friend went to coorg this weekend and mentioned that the madikeri-sulia route (about 45 kms stretch) is virtually non existent.
Since Madikeri-Sullia is bad, you may want to consider Madikeri-Bhagamandala-Panathur-Kanhangad route which is being recommended for folks going to Bekal. Details in the Bekal thread.
And also Bangalore-Channarayapatna-Arkalgud-Somawarapet-Madikeri.

Last edited by NPV : 7th October 2013 at 09:22.
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2013, 12:32   #42
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 27
Thanked: 2 Times
Question re: Bangalore to Kasaragod : Route Queries

Is the Madikeri Sullia route that bad? It looks like even the alternate route is pretty long. How about the route via Mangalore? Can anyone who has taken the Mangalore route or Bhagamandala - Kanjangad route recently comment on this? Thanks.
razeetg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2013, 09:13   #43
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 25
Thanked: 5 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Kasaragod : Route Queries

All,
I am planning to go to Nileshwar during last week of December. I am planning Bangalore-Hassan-Sakileshpur-subramanya-Suliya-Kanhangad.
Please let me know the road condition.
Thanks in advance.
chel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2013, 09:47   #44
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 27
Thanked: 2 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Kasaragod : Route Queries

I went to Kumbla last week. The route I took was Bangalore -> Hassan -> Sakleshpur -> Puttur -> Manjeshwar -> Hosangadi -> Kumbla. Most of the stretch from Sakleshpur to Puttur is in very bad condition and has to be driven at crawling speeds. Road from Puttur to Hosangadi is mostly narrow (they are working on widening it), but in pretty good condition. Also, I saw that there were people at work on some sections of the road, and some sections have been filled up. So, hopefully, in another month it should be good again.
razeetg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2014, 15:57   #45
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 289
Thanked: 95 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Kasaragod : Route Queries

Just did this route -
Bangalore - Hasan - Sakleshpur - Gundya - Kukke - Jalsur - Cherkala - Kanhangad(Kasargod). The route is in quite good condition through out except for about 300 odd metres from Jalsur to Kukke where concretization is being done. Please avoid the route suggested by google maps. The Thekil-Allety route is almost non existant and cant be done on a 4 wheeler as of now. The other route Sulia-Panathur is also in very bad condition.
zoombiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries madan80 Route / Travel Queries 2827 11th December 2017 17:23
Drive towards a Fort and a Beach Unplanned New Year trip to Bekal / Kasaragod! nandita_bayan21 Travelogues 12 27th January 2016 12:54
Bangalore - Delhi - Srinagar - Delhi - Bangalore : Route Queries micrographics Route / Travel Queries 8 27th November 2015 14:47
Route Query: Bangalore to Bekal/Kasaragod csentil Route / Travel Queries 25 8th December 2014 21:42
Two Days in Heaven - Mangalore - Kasaragod Kannur Calicut Vythiri dezrskb Travelogues 3 22nd October 2011 08:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:10.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks