Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 22nd November 2009, 15:37   #46
BHPian

Excellent thread, lots of great information.
skartik2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 22:56   #47
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1669766

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
I have heard about the robbery attempts in NICE road too. Too bad police patrolling is not enough in NICE road. I have never seen one in the multiple times I had used the road.
Quote:
I was advised by the TN highway patrol near Krishnagiri that it is not safe. Recently a colleague's friend who stopped suffered knife cut wounds during a robbery attempt on NICE road.
This one from the NICE Road in Bangalore, which you use to bypass the city from near Peenya (on NH4 from Tumkur) to near Bidadi (on Mysore road) and Hosur road (on NH7, near Electronic City)

Last edited by hvkumar : 7th January 2010 at 22:57.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 23:11   #48
cLJ
BHPian

This is really a good thread. This is why I hate to drive at night with family. Why should we take unnecessary risk unless we have some emergency.

CLJ
cLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 12:32   #49
BHPian

No road/highway is safe, if you want to be safe practice defensive driving, know the limits of the road and the car and there is a good enough probability that you would be safe.
sonirohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 09:09   #50
Senior - BHPian

It is true that night travel by two wheeler and the cars are not safe in any roads. In that case we can avoid the night travel and if at all essential we can follow a public transport like bus etc.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 09:13   #51
Senior - BHPian

But night travel in some sectors is a wonderful experience - less traffic, no pedestrians, cooler weather....I love to drive by night, have driven by night even through Chambal Valley, no problems. Just avoid the hot spots
Old 10th January 2010, 10:14   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
have driven by night even through Chambal Valley, no problems. Just avoid the hot spots
hot spots?

steamy hot or gun hot?
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 15:34   #53
BHPian

i love to drive in night because of less traffic and most of the times my habit of risk taking. i didn't have so much bad experience on road and that may be a reason for this risk taking habit.
i.1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 07:37   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.1979 View Post
i love to drive in night because of less traffic and most of the times my habit of risk taking. i didn't have so much bad experience on road and that may be a reason for this risk taking habit.
forgot to add the above. would like to thank all for sharing these info. after reading all these; it i am seriously thinking to change the habits.
i.1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 20:09   #55
BHPian

Excellent thread Kumar. I normally drive with my family which includes 2 kids & avoid night driving. I have driven or travelled on many of the stretches mentioned in this thread. I must say i was shocked to read about these stretches.

Being informed definitely does help. Thanks for starting such a wonderful thread.
Rajiv-Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 20:34   #56
BHPian

HVK Sir,

Planning to drive in the night between Hyd and Nagpur. Are there any problems in this stretch.

Regards,

Vikram
vikram.vns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 11:32   #57
Senior - BHPian

Default Bombay-Pune expressway

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1732703-post1.html

This is the incident narrated by someone who went on the Bombay-Pune expressway:

"We had dinner at khopoli food mall and went on our way.Then just after crossing lonavala ghats another incident was waiting to happen.My brother was driving at a 90-100kmph on the right most lane as there were few vehicles around us.then suddenly we saw a guy cloaked in a blue shirt and face covered in a red winter cap(the one which covers the full face) rise up from the bushes.He threw a stone at our car aiming for the driver window.The stone hit somewhere on the car but it missed the window.It was obvious to us that there must be more people hiding somewhere and the plan was to make the driver crash and then loot the passengers.So we never looked back and headed on our way.I called the emergency contact number which is displayed on boards all accross the expressway.The guy answering the call was very laid back about the incident.I told him the approximate spot of the incident and he said he ll send someone to check.He never bothered to get into details about it and hung up.We stopped at the toll booth and saw that the stone had missed the driver window and broke the door handle instead."

This is not the first time that the expressway has had safety problems. You may recall that a few years ago, a Director of Tata Motors was stopped and they looted him of his laptop and other valuables. He had to run for his life to escape the robbers.
Old 15th February 2010, 12:07   #58
Senior - BHPian

looks like we will have to workout a new strategy for driving on the exp way.
KSM-Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 12:09   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
looks like we will have to workout a new strategy for driving on the exp way.
Just be lucky that it was not you!! Very little you can do in such circumstances.
Old 15th February 2010, 12:26   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Just be lucky that it was not you!! Very little you can do in such circumstances.
very true. all you can do is drive in the inner most lane.
KSM-Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote