Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 30th September 2010, 20:35   #46
Senior - BHPian

Take the Nagar road route.
Pune - Ahmed Nagar - Rahuri - Bhableshwar - Shirdi.
Best time to visit is somewhere in the late afternoon to avoid rush. But the queue system has improved leaps and bound since the first time I visited with friends.
If you want to have a sumptous lunch go to Sai Devas or Sai Raj. I remember when I last went to Sai Raj the whole Hum Paanch team had come.

Last edited by Technocrat : 30th September 2010 at 21:13. Reason: No mention of alcohol on the board please, thanks
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 21:35   #47
BHPian

AvonA7: Take the route suggested by prince_pervez, start early from magarpatta around 5.00 to skip the morning traffic till ranjangaon.
If you get late the you will have to overtake a lot buses taking morning shift employees.

Even i stayed in magarpatta, start early, take break at smile stone for break fast.

Last edited by shabahmad : 30th September 2010 at 21:41.
shabahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 21:36   #48
BHPian

Thanks Devdath, Naren, Ranjit, Rajiv, Prince, Shabahmad for the prompt response and suggestions for timings, restaurants everything. As per your advise seems better to take the Nagar road to Shirdi via Ah`mdngr.

Planning to go by 3rd week of Oct`10.
Shall update on completion of my trip.

EDIT : 5am, it is full dark, is it safe to travel in highways during this time, as I was planning to start around 7am so that I could reach Shirdi by 11.30 - 12.00pm, darshan, lunch, back to Pune.

Last edited by AvonA7 : 30th September 2010 at 21:38.
AvonA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 21:41   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Thanks Devdath, Naren, Ranjit, Rajiv, Prince, Shabahmad for the prompt response and suggestions for timings, restaurants everything. As per your advise seems better to take the Nagar road to Shirdi via Ah`mdngr.

EDIT : 5am, it is full dark, is it safe to travel in highways during this time, as I was planning to start around 7am so that I could reach Shirdi by 11.30 - 12.00pm, darshan, lunch, back to Pune.
I normally start from Pune around 5 am mostly when I travel towards Nagar. I have done this so many times wihout facing any issue.
naren_gs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 22:16   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Absolutely no issues with a 5am start.No safety issues on the entire route.With a 5am start you would be in Shirdi by 10am,and you could start your return journey with a 2pm departure from Shirdi and you would be home by 7-8pm.
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2010, 08:10   #51
Senior - BHPian

Smile

There's good news for Mumbai guys who wish to make a one day journey to Shirdi. There's a train at night which leaves at 2145 pm from Dadar and reaches shirdi at 4 am in the morning right time for the Kakkad Aarti and people wishing to come back on same day can catch the train from Sai Nagar Shirdi at 10 am to reach Dadar at 1705 pm
Trains detailsa s below:

Dadar SaiNagar Shirdi Express 2131
Dadar Dep: 2145 pm Shirdi Arr: 3.55 am

SaiNagar Shirdi Dadar Express 2132
Shirdi Dep: 1000 am Dadar Arr: 17.05 pm

Hope this helps. Any one already travelled by these trains pls post your reviews.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2010, 10:44   #52
BHPian

Quote:
5am, it is full dark, is it safe to travel in highways during this time, as I was planning to start around 7am so that I could reach Shirdi by 11.30 - 12.00pm, darshan, lunch, back to Pune.
It's safe to travel but you will have to be careful about odd bikes sometimes without headlamps switched on crossing or entering the highway.
Rajiv-Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2010, 22:31   #53
BHPian

I am planning Wednesday 13th October from Ambarnath to Shirdi for a one-day trip.

1. NH222 to Malshej ghat - Hows the road?
2a. Malshej ghat to Kotul to Sangamner to Talegaon to Javalke to Shirdi? // Hows the road?
OR
2b. Malshej ghat to Alephata? // Hows the road?

Can some one plot the best good / better roads plot on GM?
2a = 200km. 2b = 230km Even via Nasik it is 230 odd km.
jeevmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2010, 07:50   #54
BHPian

Just for the benefit of folks going from Mumbai :

Consider leaving the car behind and take the new express train service that has started between Dadar and Shirdi. It is thrice a week (both ways).

Board the train from Dadar after having dinner at 9:45 PM, reach Shirdi 4 AM.
Temple is 2 minutes by auto from the railway station or 15 min walk.
You can do the first morning Aarti and darshan in normal queue in about an hours time max during this time.
Give one more hour for the seeing other things in the temple.

Have your breakfast and board the same train back at 10 AM from Shirdi to reach Dadar back by 4 PM.

Cannot get any more convenient than this.
Sleeper and AC coaches to choose from.
Just did this last week and this would be my preferred way to go from now on.

The road to Nasik is good, but after that - enroute Shirdi it is not as nice with narrow lanes, traffic, uneven road conditions etc.
jigbarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2010, 08:49   #55
BHPian

When do we take bath? And where? Any good hotels near railway station?
jeevmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2010, 09:27   #56
BHPian

^^
Depends on how comforatable you feel.

The new railway station itself is quite good and clean, if you dont mind the waiting-lounge in the station itself - has a good bath option.
Men folks should find this quite doable. May be women too, in the women waiting area.

If that doesnt cut, there are *countless* hotels near the temple area. All categories, classes right from the 5 stars to dharamshalas.

Again, one wise option (if it works mentally/religiously - individually) is to take a fresh bath and then board the train. I personally dont see any issues doing this.
jigbarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2011, 23:24   #57
BHPian

Default Re: What is the Best Time to Reach Shirdi ?

Last month had a round trip to Shirdi (from Pune) via Ahmednagar.
Distance : 201km (from my place, Hadapsar, one way)
Road Condition : Excellent, 04 lane 99% of roads, ~ 5kms - 02 lane good roads
Misc : Last 24kms, even though 04 lane, one need to watch out for occasional pot holes (quite large ones!) and roads are uneven/bumpy.

Took half day from office and started at 1.30pm, fueled my car, air pressure check, a non-stop drive till Shirdi, reached destination (hotel at Shirdi around 5.30pm). Few traffic jams, couple of wrong diversion included.

Had to negotiate lots of tractors/bullock cart/ trucks full of sugar canes on the way to Shirdi.

* there is only one toll booth - of 30/- around 12 kms before Ahmednagar, place called Supe, but there are 03 false toll booths with nobody to collect toll.

Hotel was good, with clean, decent rooms. Car drop facility provided to Shirdi temple for guests (even though the distance was a mere 05 mins walk, ample parking place, the food at In-House restaurant was very good).

Visited the temple at 7.30pm FRI (which was supposed to be one of the best time with least no. of people expected, as told by the manager at hotel, but turned out to be a 1 hr 50mins wait at the queue) and had the darshan at 9.30pm.

Return trip via Ahmednagar. Started at 9 am, reached home (East Pune) ~ 1pm with ~25mins. break. But ... surprised to find at least 03 restaurants( 2 within Ahmednagar not ready to serve any thing (not even tea before 11 am).

Last 20 Kms towards Pune was quite slow with lots of traffic and took a lot of time.

Thanks Devdath, Naren, Ranjit, Rajiv, Prince, Shabahmad for the response to my earlier query. Even though I planned to visit Shirdi couple of months earlier, couldn't do so because of lots of other commitments. Anyways, here is an recent update.

Note that no still/video camera, including mobile is allowed within the temple premises, not even near to the temple. Better to leave these at the hotel.

Some pics :
Attached Thumbnails
What is the Best Time to Reach Shirdi ?-s1.jpg  

What is the Best Time to Reach Shirdi ?-s2.jpg  

What is the Best Time to Reach Shirdi ?-s7.jpg  

What is the Best Time to Reach Shirdi ?-s8.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by AvonA7 : 6th February 2011 at 23:33.
Old 7th February 2011, 11:53   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Last month had a round trip to Shirdi (from Pune)
Hotel was good, with clean, decent rooms. Car drop facility provided to Shirdi temple for guests (even though the distance was a mere 05 mins walk, ample parking place, the food at In-House restaurant was very good).
Which hotel/restaurant you stayed ??
shabahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2011, 12:16   #59
VMC
BHPian

I travelled to Shirdi on 4,5,6 Feb 2011 from BLR.
Friday there was very little crowd since it was a weekday and also since this is off season. Saturday and Sunday there was too much crowd as expected to be seen here on most of the weekends.
Finished darshan on Friday in labout 30 minutes and went for Kakad Arthi at 2am on Saturday morning.
Hotel accomodation was good.
I think weekdays is a nice time to visit during February
Cheers
VMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2011, 22:20   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
Which hotel/restaurant you stayed ??
Hotel Sail Leela, Restaurant - Nandi, veg rest.