Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 15th December 2007, 20:17   #1
BHPian

Exclamation help needed for golden temple near vellore

hello,

If someone has visited the new golden temple near Vellore,Tamil Nadu please suggest me the route after reaching vellore from chennai.Also suggest me the timings that would be convenient to go to the temple

thanks.
sathya_j2084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 13:02   #2
BHPian

Exclamation has no one visited??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_j2084 View Post
hello,

If someone has visited the new golden temple near Vellore,Tamil Nadu please suggest me the route after reaching vellore from chennai.Also suggest me the timings that would be convenient to go to the temple

thanks.
has no one visited the vellore golden temple yet? if yes,plz do give me few suggestions.
Old 18th December 2007, 16:42   #3
BHPian

Thumbs up

HI After you enter Vellore, ask from Sripuram.It's approx 7 km from Vellore and you can see few Hoardings showing the temple.The place is open from 8AM to 8PM. So you have no timing issues.They have organised it well and a good parking place is provided.You can't carry mobile/camera etc inside temple and leave it all in the car.

Temple is amazing ! In night they have provided the Lighting as well and should be worth watching in night/Evenings.
manavdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 20:31   #4
BHPian

Thumbs up

thanks manav!! could you tell me on how long (average time,on a weekend) does it take time to have darshan there.
Old 19th December 2007, 18:39   #5
BHPian

Max 1 hour. Not very popular temple as yet. Still some construction work is going in the boundry, etc and Only after many people see , it will become popular.
manavdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2008, 11:32   #6

if there is anyone who has driven down from Bangalore, could you please suggest me the route and also any other places nearby to visit over a weekend/2 days. Any recommendation on acco will also be greatly appreciated.
pramodhrao is offline   Reply With Quote