Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 17th December 2007, 12:24   #1
BHPian

Default Directions needed in Mysore...

Driving down from Bangalore to Mysore (first time) on Friday.
Can anyone please provide directions to Infosys Campus in Mysore?

I've been vaguely told about some junction with ORR in Mysore that comes up on B'lore-Mysore highway after Srirangapattinam. Anything more concrete will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Ravi
mogambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 12:46   #2
BHPian

The ORR junction is the first signal light you will encounter after srirangapatnam. you have clear indications(with big signboards). Take the road towards hunsur/krs/bogadi (its bascially right from the junction).
D-nav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 14:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogambo View Post
Driving down from Bangalore to Mysore (first time) on Friday.
Can anyone please provide directions to Infosys Campus in Mysore?

I've been vaguely told about some junction with ORR in Mysore that comes up on B'lore-Mysore highway after Srirangapattinam. Anything more concrete will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Ravi
Dude, once you pass the overhead Aquaduct, you will see a signal(ring road) take a right turn and proceed straight.. you will see the GRS fantasy park and i am not sure how much further you need to go.. but you ll reach infy if you follow the directions

Better to check the local guys for exact details
rajshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 14:22   #4
BWN
BHPian

Dear Ravi,

Just follow these instruction.

- 8 to10 kms after srirangapatna, you will pass under an overhead aquaduct and a water park called "funfort" and hit a signal.Take a right towards Ooty/Calicut and you will be on the ring road.

- Keep following the road for the next 8 kms and you will get to infy. You will drive through GRS fantasy park and a hotel called royal inn. There are enough number of signboards put up by infosys,so it shouldn't be an issue to locate it.

Locals are alwas there to help you out. Happy driving.

Last edited by BWN : 17th December 2007 at 14:27.
BWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 14:53   #5
HKP
BHPian

Its difficult to get lost in Mysore!!

Once you see the FunFort on the right side just slow down a bit and the ORR Signal you cannot miss.

Also, take some time off to explore Mysore too. Drive up to Chamundi hills, roads are good and you will have a good sky view of the city from there. Road to KRS is not so good, but drivable. There are signboards everywhere and its not very crowded anywhere compared to Bangalore. Most importantly, unlike Bangalore, you can park almost anywhere and ask for directions. There won't be anyone honking from behind!!

\\hkp
HKP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 15:31   #6
BHPian

Thanks for the directions folks
mogambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 18:11   #7
Senior - BHPian

Question

One more question,
I am planing to take NH212 for Wayanad. Can you tell me if its better to go through the city or take the bypass ( i guess we have one, first time vistor) itself for crossing the mysore from bangalore?
I plan to start at 5am from Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKP View Post
Its difficult to get lost in Mysore!!

Once you see the FunFort on the right side just slow down a bit and the ORR Signal you cannot miss.

Also, take some time off to explore Mysore too. Drive up to Chamundi hills, roads are good and you will have a good sky view of the city from there. Road to KRS is not so good, but drivable. There are signboards everywhere and its not very crowded anywhere compared to Bangalore. Most importantly, unlike Bangalore, you can park almost anywhere and ask for directions. There won't be anyone honking from behind!!

\\hkp
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 19:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
One more question,
I am planing to take NH212 for Wayanad. Can you tell me if its better to go through the city or take the bypass ( i guess we have one, first time vistor) itself for crossing the mysore from bangalore?
It is always prefered to go inside Mysore when you are starting from Blr at 5AM. Keep going straight (after the ORR signal). ask for ooty road if you have any doubts basically it is straight only, small turns here n there.

Pls dont call your query a stupid one !!! your query makes a lot of sense...

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 19:42   #9
BHPian

Better to go through the city. Bypass is a BIG round-about and you end up driving lot of distance through empty roads.

Mysore city, especially during early mornings, is a pleasure to drive. If you think you're lost (which you can hardly), ask anybody.

Regards
Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
One more question,
rex_varghese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 17:10   #10
BHPian

I also second that. Mysore being a small city , Driving thru the city is shorter and better & In fact except 2 or 3 kms within the city , you would feel as though you are in a highway only. Ring Road (By-pass) around the Mysuru city infact a big Round - about .If you take the actuals (Just before the Mysore city limits, you need to turn right and it's almost 18 to 20 kms to reach the Mysore-Nanjanagud-ooty road which you can make out within 10 kms if you drive thru the city . ).

Hope this is of some help.
pmvelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 12:21   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmvelu View Post
I also second that. Mysore being a small city , Driving thru the city is shorter and better & In fact except 2 or 3 kms within the city , you would feel as though you are in a highway only. Ring Road (By-pass) around the Mysuru city infact a big Round - about .If you take the actuals (Just before the Mysore city limits, you need to turn right and it's almost 18 to 20 kms to reach the Mysore-Nanjanagud-ooty road which you can make out within 10 kms if you drive thru the city . ).

Hope this is of some help.
Thanks for the info. I had driven through Mysore City. Yes, it is like a highway in the early morning time.. I would like to go via the Ring Road this time. Couple of questions: (Coming from bangalore) How far from Mysore will I need to take a detour onto Ring Road? Is it easy to spot directions to Mysore-Nanjanagud-ooty road (NH 212)from Ring Road?

Please advise.
andescondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 13:32   #12

dont worry folks,
my mysuru even though a small city has lots of sign boards and it is indeed difficult to get lost. at any point of time you can ask for directions and the local folks will instruct you where to "cut" the road.
JK Rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 13:49   #13
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

The very first traffic signal that you get before mysore is the ring road for mysore.

its easy to spot directions to ooty road, but trust me brother, if you follow the ring road, you will easily end up going more than 10km, instead if you pass through heart of the city it will be much shorter.

there is nothing called as peak hour in mysore, anytime you go, you will find very comfortable traffic(since you know bangalore standards)
rajshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 17:10   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
The very first traffic signal that you get before mysore is the ring road for mysore.

its easy to spot directions to ooty road, but trust me brother, if you follow the ring road, you will easily end up going more than 10km, instead if you pass through heart of the city it will be much shorter.

there is nothing called as peak hour in mysore, anytime you go, you will find very comfortable traffic(since you know bangalore standards)
I totally agree. The entire RR is about 24-25km long from NH212 to SH17. Passing through Mysore takes lesser time always.

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 17:17   #15
BHPian

OK, Change of plans. I will be passing through Mysore itself. Thanks you all for the suggestions.
andescondor is offline   Reply With Quote