Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 3rd December 2016, 02:46   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore to Delhi and back

Gents,

there hasn't been any update on this thread in the last year or so.

Which changing road conditions and highways being constructed, is there a change in recommendation

Route 1- 2158 KM
Delhi -> Agra -> Gwalior -> Jhansi ->Sagar-> Narsinghpur -> Chhindwara -> Nagpur -> Nizamabad -> Hyderabad -> Bangalore

Route 2 2284 KM
Delhi -> Jaipur -> Bilwara -> Chittorgarh -> Ratlam -> Dhule -> Shirdi -> Satara -> Kolhapur -> Bangalore
rauldsouza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2016, 11:37   #47
BHPian

Don't know about all the sections but Nagpur to Hyderabad was done by me quite a few times in July and August. The pandharkavda road was really bad and should be done during day time. I would opt for route two just to avoid this section unless others suggest otherwise.
KD007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2016, 12:26   #48
Senior - BHPian

Couple of things about Route 2.

After leaving Dilli all cities & towns mentioned therein up to Dhule are essentially bypassed. One has to leave the highway to get into any of these.

Between Chittorgarh and Dhule basic facilities are few and spread thin. I would not recommend this route to anyone travelling with families in tow.

Apart from this it is a fast route except for the bit after Chittorgarh due to the limestone mines and cement plants, translates in to about 40 odd kilometres of off roading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauldsouza View Post
Gents,

Which changing road conditions and highways being constructed, is there a change in recommendation..

Route 2 2284 KM
Delhi -> Jaipur -> Bilwara -> Chittorgarh -> Ratlam -> Dhule -> Shirdi -> Satara -> Kolhapur -> Bangalore
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2016, 12:24   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauldsouza View Post
Gents,

Which changing road conditions and highways being constructed, is there a change in recommendation

Route 1- 2158 KM
Delhi -> Agra -> Gwalior -> Jhansi ->Sagar-> Narsinghpur -> Chhindwara -> Nagpur -> Nizamabad -> Hyderabad -> Bangalore

Route 2 2284 KM
I finished my trip and decided to go with Route 1 for novelty. I would definitely recommend this due to good road conditions (except 200 Km), less traffic and good scenic views.

Detailed Travelogue is posted on this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4118247 (Delhi - Agra - Bangalore : Route Queries)
rauldsouza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2017, 15:09   #50

Default Chandigarh - Bangalore Route Queries !

Hello fellow BHPians,

Planning to drive down to Bangalore from Chandigarh next week.

Jaipur - Ahmedabad - Pune - Bangalore

VS

Delhi - Agra - Nagpur - Hyderabad - Bangalore

Kindly suggest ! This is not really a touristy trip. I just need to be in Bangalore with my car & equipment before the 9th of May thus not looking at any detours on the way. Won't mind having some good food on the way.

Anyone who has done either of these roads recently ?
rnagpal89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2017, 08:28   #51
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Chandigarh - Bangalore Route Queries !

I have done both the routes recently.

1) Route via Jaipur - Ahmedabad is good all through but it is longer and has few traffic heavy sections. You will have to cross Mumbai too. But no need to worry about pit-stops at all.

2) Route via, Agra - Nagpur is shorter and will be quicker as well. But then there are couple of bad stretches.

Agra - Gwaloir - This will slow you down while crossing towns.

Gwalior - Jhansi: 4L construction has been abandoned and no proper sign boards for diversions. Roads are not in great condition, crossing villages takes time as well. This is the slowest sector between Agra to Bangalore.

50 Kms stretch on the Nagpur - Adilabad stretch will slow you down due to 4L construction, but not bad.

From Narsinghpur, it is advised to take the Chhindwara route which is a good 2L stretch (approx 250 Kms).

Overall, facilities are not great in this stretch, you will have to plan your pit-stops. But doable.

3) Another route that you can consider is Jaipur - Ratlam - Dhule - Shirdi - Pune - Bangalore.

You can refer to the below threads for more information,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...hi-back-4.html (Bangalore to Delhi and back)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...e-queries.html (Delhi to Bangalore : Route Queries)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...e-queries.html (Delhi - Agra - Bangalore : Route Queries)

Last edited by arun_josie : 1st May 2017 at 08:33.
arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote