Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 2nd January 2008, 11:45   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default The "Tour Operator" Thread

I'm planning to send my folks on a holiday abroad, preferably someplace like Singapore, Malaysia. Can anyone suggest some good tour operators for such a holiday?

Since they are quite aged now, it should ideally be some operator that mainly caters to retired couples. I remember encountering one such group at the airport a while ago, but don't recall the name.

Also, what would be a good off season time to book a tour like this? Not from the rates point of view, but I'm sure their sight-seeing etc would be a better experience with fewer tourists.

Any other pointers?

Budget is not an issue, I've set aside 10k for the trip.... kidding!
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 12:05   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

I have had a good experience with Travel Masti from Delhi. They are not that big and cam customize for you. Also, I have heard a lot of good words about Make My Trip from older folk (65+) as well.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 12:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest to contact COX & KINGS or THOMAS COOK they sure would have such packages. And they sure are very good in hospitality.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 12:59   #4
BHPian

Hi Ajay even try out Raj Travels had been to Bangkok,Malaysia & Singapore last year they were quite good had been there during session time so it was a bit hectic
yogi1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 14:35   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Ajay,

Kesari Travels are experts in tours for elderly they take care of all the food & travel arrangements in the destination countries. They are amore expensive than the more popular ones because of this. They provide Indian food through out the journey & has other things for elderly people.

They are quite famous in Pune.

Here are the details

:: Welcome to Kesari Tours Pvt. Ltd. ::

Mumbai Head Office

Kesari, 314, L.J. Road,
Mahim,
Mumbai - 400016
India.
Tel:+9122 - 24332222, 24326060.
Fax:+9122 - 24322020
smiles@kesari.in
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 14:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Kesari Travels are experts in tours for elderly
Aah, thats the name I was trying to remember! Thanks so much.

Any tips on when this trip should be scheduled in the next 3 months to make it as light on the pocket as possible?

Thanks in advance!
Old 2nd January 2008, 14:55   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

See Till Feb its Wedding time that means Honeymoon time Which means peak season, March onwards should be fine but keep in minds that these places are not cold either in fact being coastal they would be more hot than in India. Although almost all of the buses & malls are a\c but outdoor sightings would need lot on sunscreen So decide accordingly :-)

p.s. IIRC you are a South Indian & if this is indeed true then Getting SI food in these countries isn't much difficult :-)

Last edited by Technocrat : 2nd January 2008 at 14:58.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 15:08   #8
Senior - BHPian

So you & your girlfriend planning to go on a holiday eh, Ajay?? No need to hide it from us man, we are your friends, we understand that old age is taking its toll on you!

iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 15:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

i didn't know he was that aged to actually retire. make sure you avail the senior citizen's discounts also Ajay.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 15:33   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kesari Travels are experts in tours for elderly they take care of all the food & travel arrangements in the destination countries.
I have heard about them too, and they are definitely cheaper than Cox & Kings and Thomas Cook (I have been with both these).
My neighbour, a senior citizen himself used their services on a trip to China and he said they are very good.
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 15:37   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
So you & your girlfriend planning to go on a holiday eh, Ajay?? No need to hide it from us man, we are your friends, we understand that old age is taking its toll on you!

Nahi yaar they will go to singapore in there old age but right now they must go to Africa.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 15:45   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post

I told you which surprise sub LBM is getting, you squealed.

I told you which surprise amp LBM is getting, you squealed.

I told you about my holiday plans, you squealed.

Payback time.

iraghava is a virgin... and not a virgin also. He isn't one where he should be and is where he shouldn't. There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
i didn't know he was that aged to actually retire. make sure you avail the senior citizen's discounts also Ajay.
Er... for my parents, really. Do you think we.. oops.. they can avail that even for such tours?
Old 2nd January 2008, 16:08   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat
March onwards should be fine but keep in minds that these places are not cold either in fact being coastal they would be more hot than in India.
I know. The weather in those parts is pathetic all round the year. It's searing even in Dec, and even rains sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat
p.s. IIRC you are a South Indian & if this is indeed true then Getting SI food in these countries isn't much difficult :-)
Konkani - I dont know whether thats a South Indian or not. And I'm not eating.

As for me, those who have seen me have often confused me for an Italian due to my exceedingly good looks, suave-ness and charm, association with Steg, good looks, charm, suave-ness, handsomeness (Ahem, I think that should be enough). But that is the result of eating too much pizza, actually.
Old 2nd January 2008, 16:17   #14
BHPian

i would never recommend Raj travels to any body. they are pathetic and would be the first ones to leave you alone if you face any problem.

kesari is very good. specially for older people . they have range of packages but i dont think they give many discounts.
manaa45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 16:20   #15
BANNED

I'm sure Kesari tours will be having some good packages to Africa for this old age Trouble makking Bass couples.

On a serious note, I would suggest you far east before March. After that, it gets hot and sun can cause some serious burns.
If Africa is also in plans, then southern africa is good now right till May-June after which it gets cold.
Northern africa and west africa has good winter now. It will continue same till February.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote