Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 26th April 2017, 13:59   #211
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries

Hi, TTechie, you do have only decent options in Mantralayam, even the reviews are not consistent about the hotels here, so cannot suggest any of them. I would suggest you stay in Kurnool or find accommodation offered by the temple. Wish you a good darshan of Raghavendra Swamy.
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2017, 18:48   #212
BHPian

When in Mantralaya, making a stay in temple accommodation is better than any of the lodges around. The newly constructed SVN is a good temple accommodation with 200 rooms. I always prefer that. Else there are couple others (DVG, SVG) with AC rooms as well.
rajivtelang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2017, 13:46   #213
BHPian

Went and came back to mantralayam. I started on saturday around 4:30 AM in the morning and reached mantralayam at 10:30 with a breakfast break of 1 hour. Took the Veldhurti route while going instead of Adoni. Good roads all the way barring around 10 km stretch which goes inside some village.

Sunday I had to go to Manvi. Had heard from locals that the route was not so great so was little apprehensive. But when I asked a petrol bunk attendant, he suggested an alternate route which he said was recently tarred. I took his suggestion even though it added close to 30 mins more to my journey. While retuning google suggested the regular route and I took a chance. Even this route was recently tarred. People who like to ride/drive both these routes offer best riding/driving pleasure. Mostly arrow straight roads with few curves thrown in and absolutely no traffic.

Returning took the route via Adoni. Though the route is good it takes toll with lot of marked/unmarked speed breakers. Started at around 1:30 from Manvi and returned home by 9 pm ( 45 mins coffee break + traffic jam from palace ground until race course road).

Suggested route : BLR->Veldurthi->Kodumur->Yammiganur->Mantralayam route ( Less speed breakers compared to Adoni)
Break at Blue moon highway food court : Nice and clean restaurant. Not much options to eat but clean restrooms.
Stay : I unfortunately didnt get to stay at any of the temple accomodation as being the Akshay trithiya weekend all were booked. So I had to make do with staying at some hotel which was not so great.

Thanks CarguyNish and Deehunk for the suggestions.
TorqueyTechie is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2017, 17:54   #214
BHPian

Visited Mantralayam over the last weekend covering Gandikota.

Onward:Route covering Bangalore-Gorantla-Kadri-Gandikota. Overall the roads are good with most of them being single lane. Be careful as there are too many unmarked speed breakers before small villages. Left Bangalore at 4.30am to reach Gandikota around 10 am. Left Gandikota after early lunch at Harita restaurant around 12.30 pm.Took Gandikota-Gooty-Adoni-Yeminganaur-Mantralayam route and reached Mantralayam by 4.30 pm.

Return: After temple visit on next day. Left Mantralayam at 2.30 pm and took the Adoni-Gooty route. Reached home around 10.30 pm with extended 1hr dinner break on Airport road.

The roads from Gooty to Adoni has many undulations with patches relaid. This reduces your speed below 80 KMPH. After Adoni, you have all new NH with smooth surface till Mantralayam.
RapidRavi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote