Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 2nd April 2018, 14:59   #256
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries

I did Mantralaya over the weekend. Left Saturday morning at 6 AM and reached Mantralaya by 12 Noon with one stop for breakfast and a fuel stop.

I had planned to take the gooty-adoni route onward, but somehow missed the deviation and hence headed straight till Veldurthi. The roads though fine are narrow.

Mantralaya is definitely hot these days and the temperature was hovering around 40+ deg. Fortunately managed to get an AC accommodation in temple even though i had not booked it in advance, which was basic and decent. The darshana and other things went very well. There was more crowd on Sunday compared to Saturday.

I left Sunday at 10 AM and reached Bangalore by 5 PM. This time i took at Gooty route. Even though you have rough patches on this route, but they are definitely wider and i preferred this route.

So all in all a good trip, except for the heat in Mantralaya. Happy to answer any question.

Thanks to all for your suggestions.
NFS2024 is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2018, 10:50   #257
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries

I went to Mantralaya 28-29 March. 44 degrees Celsius! Gooty route, nothing new about its condition.

By the way, a trivial query . The BP-Kamat petrol-bunk-cum-eatery at Chikkaballapur had a broken merry-go-round, and consequently an unhappy kid passing through. Its probably better to avoid unhappy kids on a road trip. Who do we report it to?
yatin is offline   Reply With Quote