Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 3rd February 2017, 15:11   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Alternative routes - Mahabalipuram to Bangalore

I am at Kalpakkam for the weekend. Drove down from Bangalore.

Stayed on the Chennai route till Kanchipuram where I used the military road and onwards to Chengalpattu as advised in the posts above.

Lots of road widening work on the Kanchipuram Changalpattu stretch.

Also the road after Chennasamudram toll is bad.

Need help with the return journey.

Can I do Kalpakkam, Kelambakkam, Perungalathur, Sriperumbudur and then onwards to Bangalore?

I am ok with the additional kilometers.

Appreciate any input.
rakirank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2017, 11:36   #77
BHPian

Hello every one!

I am planning to ride with my wife from Bangalore to Mahabalipuram. I plan to start from Brookefield at 1 AM friday and Take the Krishnagiri, Kanchipuram route.

Is it safe to ride at that time of the night/ Morning? I have a friend on his bike along too.

Any quick response would be really helpful as I plan to start off on 2nd Sep 1 AM (It is a spot plan )

Regards,
Saurab C
Exhaust_Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2017, 11:40   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhaust_Note View Post
Hello every one!

I am planning to ride with my wife from Bangalore to Mahabalipuram. I plan to start from Brookefield at 1 AM friday and Take the Krishnagiri, Kanchipuram route.

Is it safe to ride at that time of the night/ Morning? I have a friend on his bike along too.

Any quick response would be really helpful as I plan to start off on 2nd Sep 1 AM (It is a spot plan )

Regards,
Saurab C
Honestly I think you are far better off leaving at about 4 AM (you should reach by 9AM latest). There's incessant rain during the nights these days, more so on the highways that side. Last thing you need is to be caught in a downpour on a motorcycle - on a highway that does not drain water quickly. Aquaplaning is a very very real threat.

Further, with your wife on a bike, I would say its a no-no from a safety perspective. Unnecessary risk on a highway where you probably dont even speak the native tongue (might be mistaken).
Red Liner is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2017, 11:47   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Honestly I think you are far better off leaving at about 4 AM (you should reach by 9AM latest). There's incessant rain during the nights these days, more so on the highways that side. Last thing you need is to be caught in a downpour on a motorcycle - on a highway that does not drain water quickly. Aquaplaning is a very very real threat.

Further, with your wife on a bike, I would say its a no-no from a safety perspective. Unnecessary risk on a highway where you probably dont even speak the native tongue (might be mistaken).
You are spot on on the language part. Thanks, will leave around 4 AM and take your advise. We are not too fast on the road so, may reach by 12 or 1 PM but that is not an issue at all

Thanks!
Saurab C
Exhaust_Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2017, 15:37   #80

Hey Guys,

Planning to travel to Mahabalipuram, Dec 7 from Bangalore, Kanakapura Road.
Did a bit of research here and I saw the last post was in August. So just checking if someone traveled off late especially after the incessant monsoons.
I was thinking the same route suggested here. I am familiar with the Kanchi route but not after kanchi towards Chengalpattu and further. Any latest updates would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
KartikBN is offline   Reply With Quote