Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 10th July 2017, 08:19   #211
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Bangalore to Velankanni : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoss View Post
1. From Velankanni to Tanjavur, is the route via Mannargudi still the best option?
I think so too. Crossing 3 railways lines and the town traffic of Nidamanagalm along the narrow roads may just tire you out. Thiruthuraipoondi+Mannargudi should be a better option. (But please note I have not take that stretch myself. Hence would be unable to tell you right condition)

Quote:
2. What is the best route to Poondi Basilica from Tanjavur? Gmaps shows 3 routes viz
(a) regular Trichy route and turn right at Sengipatty
(b) via Pillaiyarnatham, Chitrakudi and Budalur
(c) via Thiruvaiyaru, Sathanur
Thiruvaiyaru is the better option. But please note once you reach that town and are getting ready to enter SH22, you will be raided by a barrage of trucks. The State Highway 22 sees a lot of truck traffic.

Quote:
3. From Trichy to Pollachi, which route I should take, via Karur, Dharapuram or Dindigul, Palani? Only consideration is good roads.
Yes thats the best option.

- Drive till Karur on 67. Good thing it gets to NH7 way beyond Karur town. -
- Then drive till Arvakurichi and exit to Dharapuram.
- Crossing Dharapuram is easier than Udumalpet.

Roads are good all over. But you need to carry food. Dont expect much till Dharapuram. And Dharapuram also expect bare minimum. Dont remember seeing any good places. But things may have changed off late.

Last edited by ampere : 12th July 2017 at 07:26. Reason: Typo fixed
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote