BHPian

nice to know you didnt loose way
wasnt sure how far after Raxa the deviation comes
rajesh1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2010, 16:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Just came back from this stretch. I must say its beautiful. The best way to find the diversion is after the toll booth (which is still not functional yet), you will hit Raxa academy on the left. You cannot miss this at all. The diversion is 5KM after this institute on the right. There are no sign-boards. I guess, govt need to put a big sign board...
Did a quick drive to Puttaparthi last Tuesday.

As mentioned above, the turning is just after Raxa Academy; although not much of a sign is present, here are few photos of the turning point (a sharp contrast to the photo of the same place I have posted earlier):

Bangalore to Puttaparthi : route advice-imag0148.jpg

Bangalore to Puttaparthi : route advice-imag0146.jpg

Bangalore to Puttaparthi : route advice-imag0147.jpg

And do note that the toll collection has started; paid Rs.75 for two way trip.

The worst part of the ride was the humps placed, on a NH, as if it was a village road! If there is a village road joining, then a hump is present on the NH! Similarly for crossing!!!
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2010, 17:40   #18
Team-BHP Support

I aggree. Humps are the order of the day near this area! But yes the road is amazing. Also for benefit of others, there is also a Kamat on the route. The construction of this building is similar to A2B at Krishnagiri !
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 00:46   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicorex4x4 View Post
Have you done the trip?

The shortest route from Bangalore to Puttaparthi is via NH7 / Bellary Road. My month old post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/661154-post10.html has details of road conditions.

The route is Hebbal - Yelahanka - Devanahalli - Chikkaballapur - Bagepalli (KA RTO Checkpost) - Kodikonda (AP RTO Checkpost) - Thummalakunta

Thummalakunta is about 9 km from the KA - AP border and identified by a sharp S curve just after an IBP bunk on the left and an IOC bunk on the right. Turn right here for Puttaparthi (42 km from the turn off). There are enough signs all along the way.

There is roadwork happening on the road leading to Puttaparthi from Thummalakunta so please be careful. After 9 pm, the last 42 km is quite desolate and you can expect police checkposts at one or two places.
Hi Dicore,
Thanks for the info, me too was looking for this

Regards,
Vijay
scorpio_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 11:19   #20
BHPian

@Happywheels
Has the chikballapur by pass opened?
rajesh1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 11:28   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
@Happywheels
You never need to go inside Chikbellapur town. There was flyover being done. You just need to go around it. That is not much of an issue at all.
Old 2nd February 2010, 13:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
@Happywheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
You never need to go inside Chikbellapur town. There was flyover being done. You just need to go around it. That is not much of an issue at all.

And just to add to it, be careful if you see any bus coming out of Chikballapur to the NH. Those guys, instead of taking the proper detour, come down the wrong path and cross over the center median!
Old 2nd February 2010, 13:46   #23
Senior - BHPian

Good to see that the road conditions have improved. Was there for 5 years 2002-07. Roads were not so good then.
KSM-Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 07:46   #24
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to visit Puttaparthi on Good Friday (2nd April). The road conditions seem to have improved a lot since my last visit 2 years ago!

Any further updates, including the latest road conditions, will be helpful. Thanks
mooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 10:55   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
I am planning to visit Puttaparthi on Good Friday (2nd April). The road conditions seem to have improved a lot since my last visit 2 years ago!

Any further updates, including the latest road conditions, will be helpful. Thanks
Road conditions are excellent on NH7 till the Puttaparthi turnoff.4 Laning has been completed,it should be a fast drive.
ranjitp1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 11:06   #26
Senior - BHPian

Just make sure to take the right turn few KM's after the toll booth. Pretty straight and clean drive, just be wary of those speed breakers that are placed on the NH to give way for village road crossing!!! (break head on desk!!!)
Old 31st March 2010, 13:02   #27
Team-BHP Support

After the toll booth you will see Raxa-Academy on the left. The diversion is 2-3 Km from this point to the right.
Old 31st March 2010, 13:16   #28
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot for the replies, especially on where to take the deviation. I missed it the last time, and drove almost until the Dharmavaram area, at which point my father in law had woken up from his afternoon nap and said something seems out of place .

I will try to post an update on my return.

I wonder if someone could help in marking the turn off point from NH7 on the google map or Wikimapia? This area is totally unmarked in the maps, from what I could see. I tried to mark it by using the update feature, but was unsuccessful.
mooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 13:30   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Thanks a lot for the replies, especially on where to take the deviation. I missed it the last time, and drove almost until the Dharmavaram area, at which point my father in law had woken up from his afternoon nap and said something seems out of place .

I will try to post an update on my return.

I wonder if someone could help in marking the turn off point from NH7 on the google map or Wikimapia? This area is totally unmarked in the maps, from what I could see. I tried to mark it by using the update feature, but was unsuccessful.
You wont need that. Drive peacefully till the toll both. This booth was not functional when I went in December end. Not sure if its functional today. Once you cross, you just need to keep a watch for Raxa Academy. You will see a big board on the left and its a sprawling campus along the road. You wont miss it. Once you cross the academy, you will see a big crossing to the right after about two Km. You cannot miss it. The Puttaparthy road is fairly wide and hence you will spot it for sure.

(Though there are no sign-boards).

Last edited by ampere : 31st March 2010 at 13:31.
Old 1st April 2010, 15:39   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
I m planning to go to Puttaparthi tommorow. Anyone interested to join me is most welcome. It will be a one day trip. I plan to leave Blore in the morning and come back by evening.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote