Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2015, 21:20   #16
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,604
Thanked: 8,594 Times
Default Re: Mumbai to Ahmednagar how to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic_boom View Post
You mean this one?
Not very sure about that. The only option that I am aware of is via Swargate on to Sholapur road and there on to Nagar road.

Just a guide : Route Link

But please dont go by what I suggest. I would let Pune regulars comment for authenticity.

My only point was make it doubly sure about the Chakkan route before you take it.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2015, 21:23   #17
Distinguished - BHPian
 
paragsachania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 4,261
Thanked: 10,558 Times
Default Re: Mumbai to Ahmednagar how to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Not very sure about that. The only option that I am aware of is via Swargate on to Sholapur road and there on to Nagar road.

Just a guide : Route Link

But please dont go by what I suggest. I would let Pune regulars comment for authenticity.

My only point was make it doubly sure about the Chakkan route before you take it.
Well you are right. I have suggested not to take the Chakan route for all the reasons mentioned.

City route is the way to go - Even on a regular day.

Knowing how traffic is Chakan-Shikrapur Road & the fact that Wakad to Nagar Road via Aundh-Khadki is less irritating than Chakan its best to take city road.

At night, reaching Nagar road from Wakad would be a 30 minute affair max.
paragsachania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2016, 08:53   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dombivli
Posts: 2,627
Thanked: 1,191 Times
Default Re: Mumbai to Ahmednagar how to go?

I have to be at Nagar on the morning of 1st March, so I am looking at the best routes from Dombivli.

Google Maps shows a route via Kalyan - Murbad - Otur - Belhe, which is supposed to take 4.5 hours and is around 231kms long. Is there a better route?

I am trying to get started on the eve of the day, but it looks difficult to be able to start at sane times. If I could, it would only be late in the night at around 10-ish. In which case I may drive to Pune and halt for the night there. If I decide not to leave in the night, I have to leave early morning on the 1st.

Considering the two alternatives, which route would be the best for each?

If I were to halt at Pune for the night (Sadashiv Peth), what would be the best option to leave for Nagar on the morning of the 1st?
honeybee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2016, 11:19   #19
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 521
Thanked: 450 Times
Default Re: Mumbai to Ahmednagar how to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
I have to be at Nagar on the morning of 1st March, so I am looking at the best routes from Dombivli.

Google Maps shows a route via Kalyan - Murbad - Otur - Belhe, which is supposed to take 4.5 hours and is around 231kms long. Is there a better route?

I am trying to get started on the eve of the day, but it looks difficult to be able to start at sane times. If I could, it would only be late in the night at around 10-ish. In which case I may drive to Pune and halt for the night there. If I decide not to leave in the night, I have to leave early morning on the 1st.

Considering the two alternatives, which route would be the best for each?

If I were to halt at Pune for the night (Sadashiv Peth), what would be the best option to leave for Nagar on the morning of the 1st?
There is a route from Kalyan to Ahmednagar via Malshej Ghat - Alephata. But it is better to avoid this at night unless you are familiar with the route and the car .

If you are entering Pune after 10 pm but not halting at Pune, take the following route:
Expressway - Wakad - Do not get on the Wakad flyover, take left below the flyover - Dange Chowk - Chinchwad gaon - Mumbai Pune road - Pimpri - Harris Bridge - Elphinston road - Yerawada - Wagholi - Shikrapur - Shirur - Supa - Ahmednagar

To go from Wakad to Mumbai Pune road via Chinchwad gaon, the following link will be useful:
https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/18...e3!4m2!4m1!3e0

If you want to halt at Pune, take the following route:
Expressway - Wakad - Hingewadi - Balewadi - Baner Gaon - Pune University - Sancheti Hospital - Jangli Maharaj Road - Balgandharva Rangamandir - Shaniwar Peth - Narayan Peth - Sadashiv Peth

Sadashiv Peth - Shaniwar wada - Juna Bajar - RTO - Le Meridian - Bund GArden - Yerawada - Wagholi - Shikrapur - Shirur - Supa - Ahmednagar.

I am sending you my mobile number by a PM. Please feel free to contact me for any query.

Last edited by Rahul Bhalgat : 23rd January 2016 at 11:21.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2016, 12:26   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Jalgaon
Posts: 247
Thanked: 141 Times
Default Re: Mumbai to Ahmednagar how to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
There is a route from Kalyan to Ahmednagar via Malshej Ghat - Alephata. But it is better to avoid this at night unless you are familiar with the route and the car .
+1 to this.

Quote:
If you are entering Pune after 10 pm but not halting at Pune, take the following route:
Expressway - Wakad - Do not get on the Wakad flyover, take left below the flyover - Dange Chowk - Chinchwad gaon - Mumbai Pune road - Pimpri - Harris Bridge - Elphinston road - Yerawada - Wagholi - Shikrapur - Shirur - Supa - Ahmednagar
+1 to this too. Though I'd suggest a slight amendment post Chinchwad, in as much as there is a road via Moshi - Alandi which will directly end up at Shikrapur. This is an old school 2 lane road and has one toll right near the Shikrapur exit. The route is about 47.5 kilometers long and can take about 40 minutes at night. The route is outlined below -

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Ch...3968!5i2?hl=en
Swapnil4585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2016, 12:41   #21
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 521
Thanked: 450 Times
Default Re: Mumbai to Ahmednagar how to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
+1 to this.

+1 to this too. Though I'd suggest a slight amendment post Chinchwad, in as much as there is a road via Moshi - Alandi which will directly end up at Shikrapur. This is an old school 2 lane road and has one toll right near the Shikrapur exit. The route is about 47.5 kilometers long and can take about 40 minutes at night. The route is outlined below -

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Ch...3968!5i2?hl=en
Yes, there is a road via Moshi - Alandi. This too is a good suggestion.

I have not suggested that road considering night travel. Secondly, at Chakan, there is traffic jam many times. This is because of trucks and containers coming to the industrial area.

There is one more road: Moshi - Alandi - Markal - Perne phata (this is on Nagar road) - Koregaon Bhima - Shikrapur. At night time, this road will be hassle free from the traffic point of view. On this road, there will be plenty of people / watchmen to ask for the directions, if one needs.

If one is not used to drive frequently, if the car is not yours (or not in the best condition) or of you have family with you, better to spend that half an hour extra and take the bigger and well illuminated roads through the city.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2016, 23:47   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dombivli
Posts: 2,627
Thanked: 1,191 Times
Default Re: Mumbai to Ahmednagar how to go?

How is the road via Malshej if I were to leave at around 530 or 6-ish in the morning? I hope to hit Malshej by around 8 in this case?
honeybee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2016, 00:48   #23
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 521
Thanked: 450 Times
Default Re: Mumbai to Ahmednagar how to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
How is the road via Malshej if I were to leave at around 530 or 6-ish in the morning? I hope to hit Malshej by around 8 in this case?
No problem for Malshej route if you travel in the daytime. The route is:
Kalyan - Murbad - Alephata - Belhe - Talki Dhokeshwar - Nepti - Ahmednagar

Many people from Ahmednagar travel to Kalyan by this route.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NH 222 between AhmedNagar and Nanded naren_gs1 Route / Travel Queries 41 6th October 2017 14:21
VRDE unveils new ABS testing facility in Ahmednagar S2!!! The Indian Car Scene 0 18th July 2014 15:30
Bangalore -> Shirdi -> Aurangabad -> Ahmednagar -> Ambajogai sumannandy Travelogues 4 12th November 2012 21:11
Fiat-o-graphy in Ahmednagar (MS) - My Hometown Fiat&Me Post-War 41 9th December 2010 23:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:41.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks