Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street and Travel Experiences > Route / Travel Queries

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2008, 12:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

Question Mumbai to Ahmednagar how to go?

Need to go to Ahmednagar, but dont know how to go. Searched alot in google but to no avail.

Can anyone please help out and answer a few questions?
  1. Which route to take? (I think ill have to go via Pune or is it? Google map shows that i need to catch NH50 first and then NH222)
  2. How many kms is it, after googling i have found it to be 300kms
  3. How much time does it take to reach there
  4. How is the road
  5. Any good food place not worth misisng.
Thanks
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7th February 2008, 13:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Busa,

Take the expressway. When you approach the Pune side toll booth - keep extreme left and exit from any 1 of the 2 left most lanes - the road will take you towards the old Mum-Pune Road.

Once you reach the junction of the Old Mum-Pune road , go straight and keep on going straight. you will go through Chakan and cross Bajaj - till you hit a junction with a signal. Go straight from here too - and after about 30 mins you should hit the Pune nagar road (there is a BP pump on the right).

Take a left on that junction and carry on towards Nagar.

Call me if you did not understand

Last edited by normally_crazy : 7th February 2008 at 13:08.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2008, 13:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks alot NC, so i should not go through the second toll and exit just before the second toll.

Quote:
till you hit a junction with a signal. Go straight from here too
How many kms is the left from Bajaj. After the left i should go straight till Ahmednagar right.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2008, 14:44   #4
BHPian

hi - i have done the mumbai - nagpur route once so dont have much details. but can try. We exited the expressway and drove through Chakan to go towards Ahmednagar. while coming from nagpur, i go from ahmednagar to pune via shirur bypass and reach the expressway through chakan and talegaon. Hope this helps!

P.S.> the roads are excellent. Stop in Cafe Farhat in Ahmednagar. Excellent steward there. Great service. keeps suggesting things off the menu even though you are done!! :-)
M-Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2008, 16:33   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Need to go to Ahmednagar, but dont know how to go. Searched alot in google but to no avail.

1. How much time does it take to reach there
  2. How is the road
  3. Any good food place not worth misisng.
Thanks
I remember something from my Pune-Aurangabad jaunts:

1. It took some 5.5/6 hrs by Volvo from Pune to Aurangabad which is further ahead - Ahmednagar should take half that.
2. The Nagar Road as its called, was mostly upgraded and motorable, with some minor exceptions as it approached Pune. And significantly slow moving traffic approaching Pune.
3. Smiles Stop/Smiles Stone (I think) on the left heading towards Ahmednagar, roughly 1.5 - 2 hours after exiting Pune.

Last edited by theMAG : 7th February 2008 at 16:35.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2008, 17:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)

http://www.mapmyindia.com/online/?fr...ype=best&q=dir
pjbiju is offline   Reply With Quote