Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2013, 14:58   #61
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NOIDA
Posts: 36
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Route and stay info for Shoja

Thanks a lot rkbharat,akshay and phamilyman !
Shoja it is then during 8th June weekend. Does it helps if we go via the Aut route and come back via the Ani-Narkanda route? or the time taken from both sides will be same?
smats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2013, 02:02   #62
BHPian
 
adi_sun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 96
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: Route and stay info for Shoja

I am planning to goto Jibhi on 15th of this month. We have two cars a SX4 and i10, whats the safest route to take. would seek advice from those who have just been back from that side. Given the fact that females would be there, please advice.
adi_sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2013, 02:12   #63
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,553 Times
Default Re: Route and stay info for Shoja

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_sun View Post
I am planning to goto Jibhi on 15th of this month. We have two cars a SX4 and i10, whats the safest route to take. would seek advice from those who have just been back from that side. Given the fact that females would be there, please advice.
Avoid the Narkanda route since it has been raining a lot off late.
Take the one from Aut,and route should be ok till Jibhi.
Again,please confirm about road and weather conditions before heading towards Jalori in a sedan and a Hatch.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2013, 02:25   #64
BHPian
 
adi_sun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 96
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: Route and stay info for Shoja

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Avoid the Narkanda route since it has been raining a lot off late.
Take the one from Aut,and route should be ok till Jibhi.
Again,please confirm about road and weather conditions before heading towards Jalori in a sedan and a Hatch.
That would mean to goto Mandi and them turn right ? Google Maps suggest that this is a shorter route too. Any place in particular that needs special attention ? also what would be the last fuel station in this route?
adi_sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2013, 02:35   #65
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,553 Times
Default Re: Route and stay info for Shoja

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_sun View Post
That would mean to goto Mandi and them turn right ? Google Maps suggest that this is a shorter route too. Any place in particular that needs special attention ? also what would be the last fuel station in this route?
Yes,from Mandi on to Aut,and then take the road just next to the tunnel.
Last fuel pump would be near Aut,though fuel is available in bottles at Banjar.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2017, 14:34   #66
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: India :)
Posts: 27
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Route : Gurgaon - Shoja - Gurgaon

Hi everyone

I was thinking for doing a 4 day trip to Shoja late next week -- wanted to get a sense of the route (and conditions). From the forums and maps it appears one can either do Gurgaon - Chandigarh- Mandi- Shoja or Gurgaon-Chandigarh-Shimla-Narkanda- Shoja.

Maps suggests the former but I wouldn't mind doing a loop if the route and road conditions are okay. We will be four of us in 2013 Verna Diesel or 2014 Honda City -- Any recommendations/suggestions? Which route would you recommend given the excellent monsoon we have had this year! Are the roads likely to be very bad? Anyone done this recently?

Any leads would be helpful!! Thanks!
danish_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ride to Shoja & Mandi for a Snowy Christmas phamilyman Travelogues 11 4th February 2016 16:52
Himachal Drive: Shoja, Parvati Valley, Parashar Lake, Jhanjheli & more nvldvr Travelogues 25 23rd October 2015 13:40
Sojha (Shoja) & angling in the Tirthan river valley - Photologue abk Travelogues 15 11th June 2011 01:23
Delhi - Jalori Pass - Shoja - Delhi 4 days Bike Tip Rachit.K.Dogra Travelogues 8 19th April 2011 12:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:49.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks