Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2013, 14:50   #16
BHPian
 
desigNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: calicut
Posts: 660
Thanked: 46 Times
Default All India drive on a bolero camper.

Fellow team bhpians , I am planning an all india drive on 17th of september 2013 , doing it on a mahindra camper .

Route : calicut - goa - bombay - ahmedabad - jaipur - chandigargh - shimla - delhi - lucknow - patna - calcutta - bhubaneswar - vishakapatnam - vijayawada - madras - rameshwaram - kanyakumari - cochin - calicut .




Total distance - 8700 k.m.

I've never done a long drive as this before and I would really appreciate suggestions from bhpians regarding all aspects of it - risk factors, do's and don'ts, essentials to carry, accomodation etc. I was wondering if any of you could suggest any clean, decent, budget hotels situated on highways in these stop overs mentioned above. Would you all recommed Ginger Hotels? Are there any rules and regulations that I must know of, in any of these states, like I heard that its a must to stick yellow stickers on the side of headlamps in Gujarat, is that true?
I'm really looking forward to this trip and would really appreciate all of your valuable suggestions and help on this.
Thank you.
desigNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 15:04   #17
Distinguished - BHPian
 
saket77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 3,189
Thanked: 4,199 Times
Default Re: All India drive on a bolero camper.

Do you have some company? Will pour in ideas once I compile them for you.
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 15:36   #18
BHPian
 
desigNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: calicut
Posts: 660
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: All India drive on a bolero camper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Do you have some company? Will pour in ideas once I compile them for you.
One of my friend is joining me for this trip, hes from calicut.
desigNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 15:40   #19
Distinguished - BHPian
 
saket77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 3,189
Thanked: 4,199 Times
Default Re: All India drive on a bolero camper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
Route : calicut - goa - bombay - ahmedabad - jaipur - chandigargh - shimla - delhi - lucknow - patna - calcutta - bhubaneswar - vishakapatnam - vijayawada - madras - rameshwaram - kanyakumari - cochin - calicut .
If you don't have much interest in Lucknow & Patna, Delhi to Kolkata via Varanasi would be a better option through NH-2.
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 16:00   #20
BHPian
 
desigNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: calicut
Posts: 660
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: All India drive on a bolero camper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
If you don't have much interest in Lucknow & Patna, Delhi to Kolkata via Varanasi would be a better option through NH-2.
Thank you so much saket77, your route makes much better sense.

Last edited by desigNation : 9th August 2013 at 16:02.
desigNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 16:50   #21
BHPian
 
narsi_6989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: TN 13/KA 03
Posts: 274
Thanked: 211 Times
Default Re: All India drive on a bolero camper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
I'm really looking forward to this trip and would really appreciate all of your valuable suggestions and help on this.
Thank you.
Hi desigNation, the below link should answer most of your questions. This is a detailed T.Log about the beautiful trip our friend did. He will be the right person to answer all your questions including the route conditions.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...gonr-f10d.html (Sojourn on the Golden Quadrilateral in my WagonR F10D)
narsi_6989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 16:57   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 1,762
Thanked: 532 Times
Default Re: All India drive on a bolero camper.

Questions 1st.

What is the purpose of your drive?? What specific goals are you looking at other than just enjoying the drive??

Are you looking to visit any places along the way?? Or just drive around the country?? How many days are you looking as your maximum target??

Also is the Bolero Camper the only vehicle choice?? As I doubt you will even be able to manage 500km/day in a vehicle like that, unless you have extensive experience as a truck driver.
julupani is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2013, 00:57   #23
BHPian
 
desigNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: calicut
Posts: 660
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: All India drive on a bolero camper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Questions 1st.

What is the purpose of your drive?? What specific goals are you looking at other than just enjoying the drive??

Are you looking to visit any places along the way?? Or just drive around the country?? How many days are you looking as your maximum target??

Also is the Bolero Camper the only vehicle choice?? As I doubt you will even be able to manage 500km/day in a vehicle like that, unless you have extensive experience as a truck driver.
No such specific goals , i always wanted to do an all india trip by road. so,hopefully would be able to complete it without any issues.and of course want to enjoy the drive .

Visiting and sight seeing is not the main priority in this trip, the drive is going to be given more importance here.

Bolero camper is the only choice because thats the only diesel vehicle i have .[other two are a corolla and an alto,which both are petrol vehicles] My bolero is fitted with an A/C and a power steering , which i assume would make my trip comfortable, my drive , is only on national high ways which again i assume are fantastic roads.i know bolero cant be compared with new gen veicles but i dont have a another vehicle. Hopefully, i am thinking of completing the drive in one month.
desigNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2013, 07:20   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 1,762
Thanked: 532 Times
Default Re: All India drive on a bolero camper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
No such specific goals
.......
Hopefully, i am thinking of completing the drive in one month.
Considering your comparatively long time period, and that you have no specific goals and if you are looking for a bit of a challenge. Take a look at the following route. Its about 9200kms, but you could do it at a leisurely pace in about 15-20days.

http://goo.gl/wrNxkH
julupani is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2013, 14:43   #25
BHPian
 
desigNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: calicut
Posts: 660
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: All India drive on a bolero camper.

hello all, any information on budget hotels on mentioned stop overs?please do let me know.
desigNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2013, 17:02   #26
BHPian
 
Supercool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Noida
Posts: 37
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

I will suggest you to include leh in your trip. Without going to kashmir, you are missing driver's paradise.
Supercool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2013, 09:06   #27
BHPian
 
desigNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: calicut
Posts: 660
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: All India drive on a bolero camper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
I will suggest you to include leh in your trip. Without going to kashmir, you are missing driver's paradise.
I really wanted to include leh in this trip but i heard ,that would really take another extra 10 to 13 days , which i wont be able to , because the maximum i can take a break is not more than a month . will do it one day, hopefully , but not with this trip.
desigNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2013, 11:03   #28
BHPian
 
Imran Ahmad Ali's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 68
Thanked: 85 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
I really wanted to include leh in this trip but i heard ,that would really take another extra 10 to 13 days , which i wont be able to , because the maximum i can take a break is not more than a month . will do it one day, hopefully , but not with this trip.
Hey

I ve driven to Srinagar twice in the past one year and can vouch that if the cars comfy and you've got good music and company you can do Chandigarh Srinagar in about 12 - 14 hours . Even if you keep a day and another day for leh a round trip could easily be done in 5 days . If you really want to do it you should .
Hope you have a safe drive . Just a little bit of advice . Whenever you feel tired just lock your doors keep your car on and take a nap. Don't push yourself . Or give it to the next person just see that they follow the same .
Best wishes
Imran
Imran Ahmad Ali is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 15:33   #29
BHPian
 
desigNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: calicut
Posts: 660
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: All India drive on a bolero camper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran Ahmad Ali View Post
Hey

I ve driven to Srinagar twice in the past one year and can vouch that if the cars comfy and you've got good music and company you can do Chandigarh Srinagar in about 12 - 14 hours . Even if you keep a day and another day for leh a round trip could easily be done in 5 days . If you really want to do it you should .
Hope you have a safe drive . Just a little bit of advice . Whenever you feel tired just lock your doors keep your car on and take a nap. Don't push yourself . Or give it to the next person just see that they follow the same .
Best wishes
Imran
Do you know any budget hotels on the high way near chandigarh?
desigNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 17:22   #30
BHPian
 
Imran Ahmad Ali's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 68
Thanked: 85 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
Do you know any budget hotels on the high way near chandigarh?
Well I can surely check up . If you give me an approximate idea of what budget we're looking at ? And on which road ? What would be your route ?
Imran Ahmad Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Planning Road Trip - Mumbai to Kovalam (Need Inputs) GreaseMonkey Route / Travel Queries 6 1st May 2011 23:06
My Great Indian Road Trip - Inputs solicited. cpyder Route / Travel Queries 21 18th October 2009 09:48
Need to restore mclaren1885's baleno back to shape. Need all your valuable inputs. mclaren0111 Modifications & Accessories 142 5th September 2009 22:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:15.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks