Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 6th March 2008, 22:04   #1
BHPian

Default How to reach Papikondalu?

Can anyone guide me as to how to reach Papikondalu from Hyderabad? Also need information with regards to boat/steamer ride and the booking information.

Also want to know if April is a good time to visit this place.

Thanks.
saleem_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2008, 22:26   #2

I guess you can drive till Rajmundry. From there you can have a boat Trip from APTDC. I know of someone who is from Rajamundry, will let you know in more details soon. Also , you can give a call to APTDC to find out more.
abhi_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2008, 15:05   #3
Team-BHP Support

check this website for full details About Andhra Pradesh > Districts*
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2008, 15:17   #4
PVS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k View Post
Can anyone guide me as to how to reach Papikondalu from Hyderabad? Also need information with regards to boat/steamer ride and the booking information.

Also want to know if April is a good time to visit this place.

Thanks.
2 routes from Hyderabad. One is via Rajahmundry, other is via Bhadrachalam. The latter is the shorter.

If you intend to go by road, you have to take the NH 9 from Hyderabad till Suryapet and branch off left to Khammam and onwards to Kothagudem and Bhadrachalam. Hyderabad Bhadrachalam distance is about 319 Kms and may take about 6 to 7 hours.

From Bhadrachalam you need to go to a place called Sri Raamgiri.
Rest of the information can be found here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ndry-ap-2.html (Weekend at Rajamundry, AP)

These boats start off early from Sri Raamgiri.. so it would be good if you leave Bhadrachalam by aroun 07:00 am;

And no.. it is not good to go now.. the heat can be terrible.
PVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2008, 15:26   #5
BHPian

yeah , april may bit be the right time. summer in rajamundry can be terrible. + summer vacation for kids might make the place more crowded as well...
neoranjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2008, 16:21   #6
BHPian

Default Thanks Guys

Thanks guys!!! You all have been really helpful. I think I will postpone this trip to the month of June or July when the weather will be a little cooler.

But i need a weekend spot for April.
saleem_k is offline   Reply With Quote