Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 2nd January 2009, 20:33   #16
BHPian

Default Hubli-Dharwad to Coorg

I am planning a Coorg holiday in first week of february. I will be starting form Dharwad, as we have some family get together there.

Which is the best route to reach Coorg from Dharwad? MapmyIndia shows NH-63 then NH-17 till Mangalore and then some internal roads with total distance close to 500kms and driving time around 13 hrs.

Is there any shorter route (time wise) ?
I would prefer a short driving time and decent roads, dont care that much about shortest distance.
abhijitaparadh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2009, 23:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

I would prefer driving from Dharwad on NH4 till Harihar, then onto Shimoga via Honnali, Bhadravathi, Tarikere, Hassan, Periyapatna, Kushalnagar and Madikeri.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2017, 15:24   #18
Senior - BHPian

Default Bekal to Orange County, Coorg | Coorg to Hubli

Posting this on behalf of a friend. His message is copied below verbatim. Thanks!

Hi,

Any suggested routes for a drive from:

1. Bekal to Orange County, Coorg (now called Evolve Back) (Leg 1); and
2. Orange County, Coorg to Hubli (Leg 2).

The route which I can see from google maps from Leg 1 is Bekal- Coorg: Bekal-Charkala-Jalsur-Sulliya-Madikeri-Chettahali-Siddapura- Coorg.

Google maps has 3 suggested routes for Leg 2.

Option 1: Coorg- Shravanbelagola-Tiptur- Huliya-Vanivilasapura-Devangere-Hubbali.

Option 2: Coorg- Hassan- Haleebedu-Banavara-Singatagere-Yagatipura-Holalkere-Anagodu-Devangere-Hubbali.

Option 3: Coorg- Hassan- Haleebedu-Banavara-Bhadravati-Shimoga-Rannebenur-Hubbali.

We are a family of four with 1 small kid and will be travelling in a sedan in October.

If anyone has any inputs on these routes, please do let me know.

Thanks
Axe77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2017, 20:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Bekal to Orange County, Coorg | Coorg to Hubli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Leg 1 is Bekal- Coorg: Bekal-Charkala-Jalsur-Sulliya-Madikeri-Chettahali-Siddapura- Coorg.
Route was good except for a stretch near Bekal - Kasargod before the rains. Most of this should still be good but I would suggest to keep a look out and drive carefully in the twisties on the way to Sullia.

Quote:
Option 3: Coorg- Hassan- Haleebedu-Banavara-Bhadravati-Shimoga-Rannebenur-Hubbali.
Fastest route from Orange county to Hubli would be OC - Somwarpet - Shanivarasanthe - Arklagud - CR Patna - Tiptur - Huliyar - Hiriyur - Hubbali. If family/kids are not good on twisties, then OC - Kushalnagar - Ramanathapura - Arklagud - CR Patna - Tiptur - Huliyar - Hiriyur - Hubbali. Both routes have good to very good roads and should be easily doable in any car.

Orange county in Oct is beautiful. Ask them not to miss the 7 am guided bird watching walk at any cost. Do check my thread on OC for more details.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote