Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 5th April 2008, 23:03   #1

Default From Hyderabad to Pillaiyarpatti, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu

Hi

I am planning to do this in my Indica DLG with family. Plan to start early by 5.30am & break journey by 7pm.

Let me know if any of you have done this stretch. Would appreciate info/ suggestions about
- directions for good road condition
- fuel stops to take along this stretch
- food stops for breakfast (udipi / good simple local food) & lunch (prefer non-veg)
- nite halt stay place which have a.c rooms & decent for family stay.

This is no rush trip so also suggest if there are some places along the way without too much of a detour where couple of extra days can be spent either onward / return journey.

The yahoo map totally wowed me by giving me the route from hyderabad to Pillaiyarpatti, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu

Yahoo! India Maps

Thanks

Param
pamymenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 01:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

hey i havn't been to south. But when ever I travel apart from whole lot of tools and stuff, I always carry two books,
1. lonely planet INDIA
2. lonely planet India road Atlas. (the one I have also have bangladesh)

Its amazing to see the details. Highway, stateways, shortcuts along with kms.

In the days of GPS you can call me old fashion....lolz
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2008, 11:28   #3
Senior - BHPian

i can give a small info on thanjavur . You can get decent food at a hotel(forgot the name, used to eat there only) opposite to the entrance of thanjavur bus stand . Its so difficult to find good hotels around those areas.
You can also try Hotel Aryas(the best) in Kumbakonam , which is on the way to Thanjavur .
On this route , there is a place called Thiruvannamalai has a very famous temple , need to take a slight detour from the route though, but worth visiting it.
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 00:35   #4

Thank you for the input.
The immediate plan is on hold for now.
pamymenon is offline   Reply With Quote