Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 23rd March 2013, 08:22   #91
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Hyderabad to Chikmagalur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
If you take the Doddaballapur-Dobbaspet road to join NH4, I can suggest another short road to reach NH48 (you can avoid 2 tolls ) Instead of taking right towards Tumkur at Dobbaspet, continue straight towards Shivagange. The route is Dobbaspet-Shivagange-Kudur-NH48. The route is as shown in the map link below.
Nice! I knew about this road. But what I did not know was, that it was in so good a condition! Since I did not know the condition I did not suggest it.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2013, 11:04   #92
BHPian

Quote:
If you take the Doddaballapur-Dobbaspet road to join NH4, I can suggest another short road to reach NH48 (you can avoid 2 tolls ) Instead of taking right towards Tumkur at Dobbaspet, continue straight towards Shivagange. The route is Dobbaspet-Shivagange-Kudur-NH48. The route is as shown in the map link below.

http://goo.gl/maps/qkwq2

This road is in super condition, but is a two lane road which becomes bit narrow inside Kudur town. But apart from that, it is very good. I had been on this road 3 months back in my Linea.

I had used this road while coming back from Shravanabelagola-Hyderabad
Kudur town has very narrow roads.
Probably using the state highway 3 Shivganga-Banawadi-Guddemaranahalli handpost
would be a better option.
Why I was saying this because I got stuck in the Kudur town by a tractor trolley and I had a tough time
reversing my vehicle and getting back on the road making way for the tractor the roads are so narrow.

Last edited by gajadonga : 23rd March 2013 at 11:16.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2013, 11:38   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Where is he planning to stay? AFAIK, there are no good options in both Belur or Halebidu. The best option to stay would be Hassan or Chikmagalur.
He's booked KTDC at Belur for 2 nights..he was planning Halebeedu 1 night & Belur the 2nd night...but based on the feedback here he'll go straight to Belur
paharino1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2013, 20:59   #94

Default Hyderabad-Kemmanagundi road trip

Dear BHPians,

Myself and my wife are planning to drive from Hyderabad towards Kemmannagundi.

We will start on 10th April at 4 AM and want to return by 14th April night.

Need your advice on the following:

1. Route to take from Hyderabad.
2. Places to visit around.
3. Good places to stay.
4. Any other tips.

Rohit.
rvattipalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2013, 21:04   #95
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Hyderabad-Kemmanagundi road trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvattipalli View Post
Myself and my wife are planning to drive from Hyderabad towards Kemmannagundi.
We will start on 10th April at 4 AM and want to return by 14th April night.
Need your advice on the following:

1. Route to take from Hyderabad.

You should find all details here :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ikmagalur.html
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 14:52   #96
BHPian

Hi All,

I am planning a drive from Hyd- Chikmagalur this month end & would need suggestions on the best possible route.

from the details gathered from the last few posts, the best route seems to be
Devanahalli - Doddaballpur - Dobbaspet - Tumkur - Kadur - Chikamagalur.

however, came across another route on Google maps and wanted inputs if anyone has done this stretch before.

Hyd-Penukona, Deviate from Penukonda and take the route below,the distance from Penukonda is 313 kms by this route and shows as NH 234.

can anyone suggest if this is a better option than doing the first route ?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad to Chikmagalur : Route Queries-sss.jpg  

s@tan2s@int is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 14:55   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@tan2s@int View Post
Hi All,

I am planning a drive from Hyd- Chikmagalur this month end & would need suggestions on the best possible route.

from the details gathered from the last few posts, the best route seems to be

however, came across another route on Google maps and wanted inputs if anyone has done this stretch before.
Dont do that. Stick to the one you mentioned (Devanahalli-Doddaballapur-Dobbaspet). Its best and NH207 is in very good condition. You also get the option of break points at Dobbaspet (Kamat and CCD).
Old 11th June 2013, 15:21   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Stick to the NH207-Devanahalli-Dodballapur-Nelamangala-NH48-Hassan-Belur-Chikmagalur.I found this route to be faster than the Kadur route and better wayside facilities.Nelamangala-CKM took us 4hrs and Shamshabad-Devanahalli:6.5hrs and 1hr for Devanahalli-Nelamangala.Plenty of eating options on the Nelamangala-Hassan stretch.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 15:34   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Stick to the NH207-Devanahalli-Dodballapur-Nelamangala-NH48-Hassan-Belur-Chikmagalur.I found this route to be faster than the Kadur route and better wayside facilities.Nelamangala-CKM took us 4hrs and Shamshabad-Devanahalli:6.5hrs and 1hr for Devanahalli-Nelamangala.Plenty of eating options on the Nelamangala-Hassan stretch.
Thanks Ranjith & Ampere for your suggestions..

So, for the Nelamangala route do we have to go through Yelahanka and Bangalore interiors to get onto the Hassan route ?

I am trying to avoid the rush hour traffic from Devanahalli after 6 PM as I had terrible experience in the past. The tumkur -Kadur stretch looks like a good option to beat the traffic...what do you suggest ?

Last edited by s@tan2s@int : 11th June 2013 at 15:36.
s@tan2s@int is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 15:39   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

So, for this route do we have to go through Yelahanka and Bangalore interiors to get onto the Hassan route ?

I am trying to avoid the rush hour traffic from Devanahalli after 6 PM as I had terrible experience in the past. The tumkur -Kadur stretch looks like a good option to beat the traffic...what do you suggest ?
No on nH7,you take a right at Devanahalli onto NH207(this is after the Nandi Hills signal intersection)(you would see trucks coming onto NH7 and cutting across and going towards Kolar at this junction).At this junction take a right and drive on it till Doddaballapur.After the railway gate,take a left onto the state road to Nelamangala.At Nelamangala this road comes up onto NH4 under a flyover.Cross the NH4 and directly merge with NH48 which is the Mangalore highway and keep on it till Hassan.At Hassan you divert right towards Belur and from there its one straight road.

https://www.google.co.in/maps?saddr=...via=1&t=m&z=16

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 11th June 2013 at 15:40.
Old 11th June 2013, 17:55   #101
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Stick to the NH207-Devanahalli-Dodballapur-Nelamangala-NH48-Hassan-Belur-Chikmagalur.I found this route to be faster than the Kadur route and better wayside facilities.
How good or bad is Doddaballapur-Nelamangala section. Once I did only half till that railway crossing from Nelamanagala. Found it a bit rough, but definitely much more peaceful than going through the city.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 18:16   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
How good or bad is Doddaballapur-Nelamangala section. Once I did only half till that railway crossing from Nelamanagala. Found it a bit rough, but definitely much more peaceful than going through the city.
Its good enough for a state highway,hardly any traffic except short bursts of truck traffic now and then.easily done in 45-60mins the entire stretch.
Old 12th June 2013, 08:06   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Its good enough for a state highway,hardly any traffic except short bursts of truck traffic now and then.easily done in 45-60mins the entire stretch.
Thanks. Thats exactly what we need. A nice peaceful way to bypass Bangalore without getting into the city. As I mentioned earlier, why I like this SH the best is because, once you get into Nelamangala town and while you near NH4, the SH nicely goes below NH4 and transforms into Hassan 4-lane.
Old 24th September 2014, 15:52   #104

Hi,
My relatives are traveling Hyderabad - Chikmagalur in the coming week. Based on earlier posts here in this thread, I gather that the best route is NH207-Devanahalli-Dodballapur-Nelamangala-NH48-Hassan-Belur-Chikmagalur. Can anyone please confirm condition of the the above route since the post recommending this route was made a year back?

Thanks,
Jacob
cobra_stallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2014, 16:43   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra_stallon View Post
Hi,
My relatives are traveling Hyderabad - Chikmagalur in the coming week. Based on earlier posts here in this thread, I gather that the best route is NH207-Devanahalli-Dodballapur-Nelamangala-NH48-Hassan-Belur-Chikmagalur. Can anyone please confirm condition of the the above route since the post recommending this route was made a year back?
The road is quite good with some portions around Doddaballpur-Nelamangala. Surely worth taking to beat the Bangalore traffic.