| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|18th April 2008, 13:38||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Thanked: 13 Times
Friends, I have to go to Kanakapura, and will be coming from Tumkur side (mumbai actually). I am scared of getting entrapped in the maze of Bangalore traffic. Any help on bypassing Bangalore would be welcome! Thanks.
|18th April 2008, 13:54||#2|
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bangalore / Madras
Thanked: 14 Times
This thread should have the answer:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...bangalore.html (Query: NICE Road - Bangalore)
|18th April 2008, 14:11||#4|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Mar 2007
Thanked: 234 Times
I presume you plan to take NH4 from Tumkur. If you want to get into the city and have something to eat. route you need to take is -
1. Come to Penya industrial area on NH4 and take a right on to Outer Ring Road (just after Watch factory road and Central Manufacturing tech. institute on your left).
2.Go on the road till you hit Magadi Road (Which is a T Junction- Outer ring road temporarily ends here). Take a right on to Magadi Road here.
3. You get outer Ring Road again within a KM. Take a left on to it.
4. At the end of outer Ring road you hit Mysore Road. take a right here and then go a KM or two to hit the NICE Road.
5. Take left and merge on to NICE Road and after 6-7 km you will hit Kanakapura road. This is still an intersection so you will not miss it.
6. Take right on to Kanakpura road and drive to Kanakapura.
Nice Road seems to be the other choice. if you don't want to stop and have a bite.
Hope this is a clear route guide I have given. You can get a good graphical view in the map available in the link - Bangalore Map | India Google Satellite Maps
Last edited by DieselFan : 18th April 2008 at 14:19.
|18th April 2008, 14:32||#5|
Distinguished - BHPian
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Thanked: 4,894 Times
|18th April 2008, 20:13||#6|
Join Date: Jan 2008
Thanked: 165 Times
from Tumkur - continue on NH4 - 40 km - Nelamangala( toll plaza ) - continue - 12 km - left ramp up onto NICE road ( opposite Bangalore Exhibition centre ) - 16 km - down and left onto Mysore road ( towards bangalore ) - 1 km - U turn at median gap - 1 km - left onto NICE road - 7km - Kanakapura road - right turn.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|On Bypassing Bangalore||ampere||Route / Travel Queries||481||11th July 2018 13:49|
|Bypassing Pune on Bangalore-Shirdi route||Rajiv-Bang||Route / Travel Queries||60||23rd April 2018 09:19|
|Salem to Hyderabad bypassing Bangalore||vartakavi||Route / Travel Queries||1||2nd February 2010 06:51|
|Tips for Central Locking Systems and Bypassing||mithun||Technical Stuff||1||30th March 2006 11:37|