| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|27th April 2008, 22:33||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2008
Thanked: 0 Times
Road trip advise for Pune to Mangalore route
I plan to drive down to Mangalore from Pune on 7th May for some family function. Plan to return to Pune on the 14th of May.
Key factors - I will be the lone driver. Will have my wife & 7 month old kid for company. My Palio Stile 1.6 Sport is at 1400 kms(did my 1st service a month back).
My plan is to start at 4 am from Pune.
1) Will I be able to make it to Mangalore before dark? I plan to have breakfast at Belgaum & maybe lunch at Kumta.
2) Route advise - I have been advised to take the Pune -> Kolhapur -> Belgaum ->Hubli -> Sirsi -> Kumta -> Kundapura -> Mangalore route instead of going through Ankola because of the heavy truck traffic through the Ankola route. Kindly advise which route is better
3) Every year I used to visit Mangalore by the KSRTC Volvo service & could see that the Bhatkal to Mangalore stretch was pretty bad. I last visited Mangalore in Dec'07 & the road was better than the years before. Does anyone know the road condition for this stretch?
4) Will this road trip be stretching my new ride since it will be almost 750 kms one way?
5) Anyone willing to share the map for this route? It will be of great help since this will be my first road trip on this route.
6) Any other advice will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Pune, F. Red Palio 1.6 Sports, 1400 kms
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|On TVS apache: Pune-Chennai-Pondy-Bangalore-Mangalore-Udupi-Ankola-Belgaum-Pune||CoNrOd||Travelogues||12||26th May 2014 16:04|
|Mangalore - Hampi - Gokarna - Mangalore||BertieWoosert||Route / Travel Queries||10||14th December 2012 22:18|
|Road trip from Pune to Mangalore & back - A travelogue||Sidz||Travelogues||19||20th May 2008 13:30|
|Mumbai-Mangalore-Bangalore-Mangalore-Mumbai trip||sumitdongerkery||Travelogues||4||17th October 2006 14:28|