Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 16th February 2010, 14:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarinkumar View Post
In the address it has mentioned it is on the Shimoga road.
Right.
Route is Kollur -> Nagodi -> Nagara -> Hosanagara -> Ripponpet -> Ayannur -> Shimoga.
For Kudachadri, take a diversion off right side near Nagodi.
sbraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 10:47   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Right.
Route is Kollur -> Nagodi -> Nagara -> Hosanagara -> Ripponpet -> Ayannur -> Shimoga.
For Kudachadri, take a diversion off right side near Nagodi.
Thanks sbraj. That measn from Ayanur, it is SH 26 all the way to Kollur. I managed to find an accomodation at guest house there and cancelled the Seetha lodge booking.
Regards,
Sarin
sarinkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2010, 11:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks sbraj. That measn from Ayanur, it is SH 26 all the way to Kollur.
Right. BTW, you could check out my travelogue. It has some snaps of Ayannur, Ripponpet.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...tml#post841284 (Weekend trip : Bangalore -> Kollur)
Old 21st February 2010, 11:27   #19
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Hows the road condition from Hosanagara to Kollur? The last time I drove from Hosanagara to Udupi, it was pathetic. I felt, I should have kept on the thirthahalli, agumbe, udupi stretch. That was in October last year.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010, 10:25   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Hows the road condition from Hosanagara to Kollur? The last time I drove from Hosanagara to Udupi, it was pathetic. I felt, I should have kept on the thirthahalli, agumbe, udupi stretch. That was in October last year.
I came back on 22nd Feb. It took a total of 9 hours (including lunch break) to reach Kollur and back from Bangalore (420 KM). Regarding the road to Kollur via Hosanagara. It is ok in the sense, no pot holes. Some part the surface is rough. I took 3 hours to cover the stretch of around 120 km between Shimoga and Kollur. This is mainly because the roads are small with sharp turns or due to its zig zag nature at most of the places.
Old 8th May 2010, 08:14   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I managed to find an accomodation at guest house there and cancelled the Seetha lodge booking.
Sarin,

Which guest house was this? How was the facilities? Cleanliness? How far is this from the temple entrance?

I am planning to visit on last week of May.
Old 10th May 2010, 12:19   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Sarin,

Which guest house was this? How was the facilities? Cleanliness? How far is this from the temple entrance?

sbraj, I am sorry. I don't remember the name now. Let me see, if I have note it down in the hard copy of the map. It is on the Kollur -Shimoga road, before you reach the temple. From the guest house to temple is roughly 200 to 300 meters. I stayed in a non a/c room and paid Rs. 200 per night. The facilities are ok and cleanliness is very good. I will post the guest house name, if I am able to find it out.
Regards,
Sarin
Old 10th May 2010, 14:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

I am driving down to Kollur this weekend, 15th.

Traveling with family and would prefer a scenic and peaceful (!!!) ride.

Since the roads are all having a fresh look now, it there any diversion or better route to take now?
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2010, 17:43   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
I am driving down to Kollur this weekend, 15th.

Traveling with family and would prefer a scenic and peaceful (!!!) ride.

Since the roads are all having a fresh look now, it there any diversion or better route to take now?
I went there in Feb end and took the following route.

Bangalore -- Tumkur -- Shimoga -- Ayanur -- Ripponpet -- Hosanagara -- Nagara-- Kollur.

The roads were good and total time 9 hours including break.
Regards,
Sarin
Old 11th May 2010, 11:44   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Sarin,

If my memory is correct it is Lalithambika guest house. There are two guest houses side by side. If the one which I am talking about is not Lalithambika, then you need to look for the one which has a restaurant at the entrance itself. The reason why I forgot this name is that someone else did the booking for me and I just went there. Even I forgot to note down the phone number from reception I hope this helps and sorry for not able to help much.
Regards,
Sarin
Old 11th May 2010, 12:11   #26
BHPian

For those who need it, there is a Hotel Ashwathi in Kollur, which kind of meets most requirements. Cant guarantee someone will pick up, but you could try 08254258334.

Cheers
Jagan.
jagan0677 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 13:48   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Bangalore -- Tumkur -- Shimoga -- Ayanur -- Ripponpet -- Hosanagara -- Nagara-- Kollur.

Regards,
Sarin
When I travelled this route during the last week of March, the roads in the Ripponpet-Hosanagara-Nagara stretch were quite rough with quite a few pothole-ridden portions as well especially after Hosanagara.

As for hotels in Kollur, I have stayed at one Beena Residency which is very close to the temple - had pretty decent rooms A/c and non-A/c. I think an A/c double room used to cost about 800 or so (this was a year or so back) and Non-A/c in the 300-500 range.

Contact number for Beena Residency is 08254-258258.
kala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010, 11:44   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
Sarin
Thanks Sarin for the route info.

But, as things will have it, the trip is cancelled. Personal tragedy in the making as I type!
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 09:02   #29

Default Re: Route Query-Bangalore-Kollur

Hi Team BHP'ians,
We are planning for a weekend trip from Bangalore to Kollur. Would like your suggestions on the current road conditions for various routes and the distances.

Please help.

thanks
RD
rdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 10:25   #30
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Route Query-Bangalore-Kollur

The route is Bangalore - Shivamogga - Hosanagara - Nittur - Kollur. You can leave in the morning and comfortably reach Kollur early evening with breaks. This means that you have to stay in Kollur.

If you dont want to stay in Kollur, you have an option of going to Tirthahalli from Shimogga and staying there. There are good home stay options and you leave early morning to Kollur and Udupi return back to Tirthahalli in the evning comfortably.

Unless it is purely a religious trip with some sevas to be performed which necessitates stay in Kollur, i would recommend you to stay in Tirthahalli which will also provide you options to explore other places in the region.

Take a look at my travelogue for more information.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-monsoons.html (Malnad In Monsoons) (Malnad In Monsoons)

Fauji is offline   Reply With Quote