Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 13th May 2008, 17:11   #1
BHPian

Default Place to stay around Rishikesh

I am planning a 5 day (unfortunately) trip to Badrinath/Joshimath. On the way back from Joshimath to Delhi, we are planning a stopover at Rishikesh (well location is a bit flexible, so lets say "50km around Rishikesh" )
I am looking for a nice place by the riverside to stay. Price around 2-2.5K upper limit! Any good suggestions? I heard Camp 5 elements is way beyond that budget.

Thanks in advance!
kvish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 20:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

In Rishikesh after you cross the Ganges from the Ram Jhoola, there is a nice & decent motel kind of thing of Baba Kaali Kamali waale. Very next to the river and serene. Very reasonable. You can try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
I am planning a 5 day (unfortunately) trip to Badrinath/Joshimath. On the way back from Joshimath to Delhi, we are planning a stopover at Rishikesh (well location is a bit flexible, so lets say "50km around Rishikesh" )
I am looking for a nice place by the riverside to stay. Price around 2-2.5K upper limit! Any good suggestions? I heard Camp 5 elements is way beyond that budget.

Thanks in advance!
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 14:39   #3
BHPian

Thanks!. will check it out...
kvish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 15:29   #4
Senior - BHPian

Arrow Try Mercury Explorations

Try the Mercury Himalayan camp at Shivpuri. They have a campsite @ the road side at Shivpuri, (they have an office in Delhi).

The campsite is very basic, practically ON THE RIVER, no electricity and on the other side of the rapid "return to sender" , they take you across on a raft, gret experience. You will have to park on the road side at their office. Find out if they would come at that price. They are flexible on price.

--Ramky

=========
ramkya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 19:30   #5
BHPian

Try GVMN huts at Kaudiyala, 45 km before rishikesh. We landed there accidently at 10 pm for a night's stay last year (when a landslide caused road blockage).
In the morning, it was a pleasent surprise to find beautiful serene place & Ganges flowing in the front. The river flow is so smooth that we could not notice that in the night.
breezydrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2008, 00:56   #6

There is a neemrana property about 20 - 25 kms from rishikesh, towards the badarinath road. it's called, 'glasshouse on the ganges'. Well, the name sounds a bit too pseud - but its a nice place nonetheless with decent rooms facing the river. range is between 3k-6k. You may have to call and book ealier. check out Neemrana Hotels - online hotels reservations india, hotels online bookings, oldest heritage hotels india
rawkraja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2008, 08:38   #7
Senior - BHPian

Glasshouse on the Ganges is fantastic. But a tad bit expensive.

You can find a lot of hotels after Laxman Jhoola.

Makse sure you stop at Cheetal ( For Food ) Midway if driving from Delhi.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2008, 09:31   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Try GVMN huts at Kaudiyala, 45 km before rishikesh. We landed there accidently at 10 pm for a night's stay last year (when a landslide caused road blockage).
In the morning, it was a pleasent surprise to find beautiful serene place & Ganges flowing in the front. The river flow is so smooth that we could not notice that in the night.

I second this suggestion. I have also stayed at the government huts at Kauduliya and they are very nicely situated next to the river. Very beautiful location. Highly recommended.

Regards,

Gaurav
RedMM340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2013, 20:40   #9
BHPian

Default Re: Place to stay around Rishikesh

Hi All

I am planning a trip to Rishikesh on the next weekend, I have 2 small kids 6 and 8 years and hence looking for a comfortable place to stay with swimming pool, so that they can spend their time without bothering me. Any suggestions please.
bruty is offline   Reply With Quote