Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 26th May 2008, 19:13   #1
Senior - BHPian

Arrow Updates On Nh7 Widening?

Hai TBhpers,

What's the status of NH7 widening from Bangalore to Hyderabad ? How much of 4 tracking is compleated? If I start early 6 AM from Hebbal, it would be about 550 KM +, would it be possible to reach by 6 PM? What are the options for B'k fast & lunch.

Thanks in advance for inputs.

--Ramky

=================
ramkya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2008, 08:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Hai TBhpers,

What's the status of NH7 widening from Bangalore to Hyderabad ? How much of 4 tracking is compleated? If I start early 6 AM from Hebbal, it would be about 550 KM +, would it be possible to reach by 6 PM? What are the options for B'k fast & lunch.

Yesterday a colleague of mine did Hyd - Blr in 10 years with breaks in his Zen. He started at 10AM from Hyd. He called me about 120km from Blr at 5PM.

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2008, 08:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Yesterday a colleague of mine did Hyd - Blr in 10 years with breaks in his Zen. He started at 10AM from Hyd. He called me about 120km from Blr at 5PM.

Abhi

Abhi,

Thanks for that update. Can you please find out from him, if possible, what's the status of the road, I think the widening is still on in many segments. Is it 4 track?

With Reliance closing, are the A1 Plazas working now. This is to explore eating joints options on the way from Bangalore to Hyderabad. I heard facilities are not that good on this segment.

--Ramky
-----
ramkya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2008, 09:57   #4
BHPian

I did this trip about a month back. The road widening was still going on for most part of the road. From Bangalore till around Chikballapur the roads are multi-laned and divided. There are diversions every now and then but roads are wide and good enough to maintain a steady 80-100. After Shamshabad the roads are again divided till you reach Hyderabad. Not many good eateries on the way. You can plan for breakfast at Chikballapur and lunch at Kurnool.

Try to avoid travelling this road at night.

Quote:
Yesterday a colleague of mine did Hyd - Blr in 10 years with breaks in his Zen.
Abhi
I think you meant hours and not years. I am sure the roads are not really that bad!
watashi75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2008, 10:31   #5
Senior - BHPian

A freind of mine did Hyderabad-Bangalore last week in 9 hours, happy wih the road in general. Also said some A1s were working, although I don't know which ones. Faciliies are OK, remember to refuel in the large towns like Gooty, Anantapur.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2008, 10:41   #6
BHPian

Smile

Quote:

Abhi
10 YEARS!!!

Was he pushing?

PS: just on a lighter note. No offense. Typos are part of life.
cheers:
eclectix 1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2008, 11:02   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Hai TBhpers,

--Ramky

=================
I had been to Kurnool from Hyderabad, 2 wks back. There was lot of construction activitiy going on. There are many road diversions every 5-10 kms. I dont expect it would be completed by now. I am not sure how it is between Kurnool and Bangalore.

Ravi
challasravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2008, 12:04   #8
Senior - BHPian

Ramky Sir, it is generally good in AP stretch but you have to careful in KN stretch. Easily doable in 10-12 hours with breaks. Dont worry of fuel pumps, fill up diesel in Bangalore/Hosur itself, should be enough to take you to Hyd.

4 laning is only on the Blr side and AP side. rest stretch work is on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectix 1st View Post
10 YEARS!!!

Was he pushing?
cheers:
Sorry for the typo !!

Last edited by akroy : 27th May 2008 at 12:05.
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 13:20   #9
BHPian

Default Re: Updates On Nh7 Widening?

Any new updates about the Mangwan - Jabalpur section on NH 7. Heard it has been in shambles for a long time. Is this section 4 lane too?

Vipin.
Vipin Kumar is offline   Reply With Quote