Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 29th June 2008, 19:13   #31
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a great deal for the comprehensive info, Rajneesh. Looks like a great route to take although I guess not advisable after dark.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008, 16:10   #32

Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Dada Shankyz, I believe that you did not go thru my post in Noida- Nainital best route thread dated 14 th June. I had said that the bridge was down. Anyways are you back?
I must have missed it, I'm back and thanks to friends like HVKumar, Ishaan and Tsk for their advice, the journey back was smooth and fast.

It took me almost 2 hours from Nainital to Kaladhungi, thanks to incessant rains, some landslide at 2-3 places on the way. As advised, I took the Kaladhungi to Ramnagar road, wow what a road ... and sparse traffic on top of it, the speed all thru was ~90 - 100 kmph. From Ramnagar, I took the Kashipur road, again wonderful road, great speeds etc etc.

From Kashipur, I took the road to Moradabad via Thakurdwara , a small stretch was lil bad otherwise the road is very nice. It took me less than 2 hours to travel from Kaladhungi to Moradabad bypass. Moradabad bypass was excellent, but after it there is stretch of 15-20 kms which had more traffic with slightly bad road but SX4 more or less compensated for it.

Overall, it took me ~ 6.5 hours from Nainital to Delhi which when compared with the time taken while travelling from Delhi to Nainital ( 6.5 hours including one hour wasted due to the broken bridge on the Bazpur route) is good enough.

In a week or so, off season is going to start in Uttranchal and hence one should be able to get bookings at a lesser rate.

Will post pics in the travelogue section soon.

Thanks everyone for the timely help and advice.
Shankyz is offline   Reply With Quote