Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 1st June 2008, 14:12   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Noida to Nainital , Nainital to Dehradun best route

Guys,

I am planning to go to Nainital for a short vacation later this month. I will be there for around four days and three nights and then proceeding to Dehradun.

I need assistance on two counts:

1) Which will be the best route to take from Noida to Nainital and from Bainital to Dehradun.

2) What are the places to see in and around Nainital. I will be accompanied by my wife and two sons aged 4 and 6. The suggestions may please be based on what the kids would enjoy the most. ( eg boating, angling etc).

I seek help from veterans like Tanveer Hv Kumar and others who have experience in this part of the country.
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2008, 15:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Two routes:

1. Noida-Hapur Bypass-Simbhaoli-Brijghat-Gajraula-Moradabad Bypass-Thadkurdwara-Kashipur-Ramnagar-Kaladhungi-Nainital.

2. Noida-Hapur Bypass-Simbhaoli-Brijghat-Gajraula-Moradabad Bypass-Rampur-Udham Singh Nagar-Haldwani-Nainital.

Do a search in the travelogues section, there are already quite a few threads on these two routes. Once you've finalised which route you want to take, post it here & I'll update you on the latest road conditions, where to take a break etc.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2008, 15:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

Places to see around Nainital are plenty :-) You have the lakes Bhimtal (on the way if you take the Haldwani route) and Sattal and Gagar & Mukteshwar! The drive to Mukteshwar from Gagar is amazing (if you have a clear sky to view the snowline that is, and you need to do it before 11:30AM or so). Mukteshwar allows you an almost 150deg view of greater Himalayan snow peaks in the distance ...

Regards,
lancer_rit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2008, 16:27   #4
BHPian

Out of the routes mentioned by iraghava please avoid route 2, the roads are in poor condition while route 1 is fairly comfortable and smoother.
setuniket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2008, 16:48   #5
Team-BHP Support

I recently went to Nainital, the shortest and the fastest route with very good roads is not through Ramnagar etc.,
After Moradabad bypass its like this
Moradabad Bypass - Bazpur - Kaladunghi - Nainital.
I have posted a travelogue with pictures there.
Most of the road is newly laid(except for some bad stretches between Moradabad-Bazpur).
After you cross the entire moradabad bypass, take a U turn(you will see a board for corbett).
Continue on that road for a km or so, and take the right turn(straight goes to Moradabad city).
After a few kms, you will see a signboard, with left fork going to Corbett, and right fork to Bazpur-Nainital.
Take the right fork.
You can easily make it to nainital within 2 hours from Moradabad bypass via that route.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2008, 17:05   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thanks TSK,

That is helpful.

Guys any suggestions on what route I should take from Nainital to Dheradun.I would like to avoid coming back to NCR unless the other routes are substantially more time consuming/inferior.
Old 1st June 2008, 17:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

There is route that meets at Najibabad I think, don't know it completely. Will find out & let you know shortly, you certainly won't have to pass back through MBD/NCR.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2008, 18:10   #8
Senior - BHPian

Tsk,
I have a reservation at the KMVN guesthouse at SnowView ( Nainital) . I believe you have stopped here( is it the same as Snow Point). Moreover, is it advisable to take a 4 ys Indica up the incline?
Old 1st June 2008, 20:33   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Guys any suggestions on what route I should take from Nainital to Dheradun.I would like to avoid coming back to NCR unless the other routes are substantially more time consuming/inferior.
You can go from Kashipur direct to Dehra Dun, no need to come back to Moradabad or NCR.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2008, 22:23   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Tsk,
I have a reservation at the KMVN guesthouse at SnowView ( Nainital) . I believe you have stopped here( is it the same as Snow Point). Moreover, is it advisable to take a 4 ys Indica up the incline?
Hi Rajneesh,

Can you share some info on the place you stayed, any alternate places etc?

I guess the place will be very crowded now, considering the summer holidays and weekend too.

Thanks in advance

Shanky
Shankyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2008, 02:09   #11
Team-BHP Support

Yup indica will go up, with lots of grunting, take care at the narrow hairpins! The views are simply amazing!
Old 14th June 2008, 08:51   #12
Senior - BHPian

Shankyz, I will be spending the day in Naukuchital today and then moving to Snow View the day after. Will update you on the venue once there. I booked on the Kumaon Mandal Vikas Nigam limited website about twoo weeks ago. The place is fully booked. The ruch will get over the month end . As a matter of fact they start offering a 30- 40 % discount from July 1 .
Old 14th June 2008, 08:57   #13
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Tanveer, I have taken the SX4 as wifey packed in a lot of woollens for the kids and herself and the stuff would just not fit in the good ole Indica.
Old 16th June 2008, 13:27   #14
BHPian

Hows the weather in Nainital now a days? Any rains ? lots of rains?

Planning for a 3-4 days visit sometime next week, the KMVN site doesn't seem to show any availability during this time, any other good alternates that someone could suggest ?
Shankyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2008, 13:34   #15
Team-BHP Support

Did you come back rajneeesh?
My cousin went to Mussourie a week back, and got an excellent hotel for 1500(half price).
Reason : Heavy rains and mild summer means no tourist rush. the hill station is empty, and it kept on raining.