Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2017, 21:17   #181
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 90
Thanked: 44 Times
Default Re: Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries

Contd.....

Left turn from Karanja Bypass
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-30-left-turn-karanja-pass.jpg

Improved road condition after Kamargaon
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-31-improved-roads-after-kamargaon.jpg

Slight Bad RoadPune - Nagpur : Route Queries-33-slight-bad-road.jpg

Amravati By Pass Road
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-34-amravati-pass.jpg

Amravati Bypass Road
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-35-amravati-pass.jpg

Merging onto NH53
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-36-merging-nh-53.jpg

Halt @Hoel Gauri InnPune - Nagpur : Route Queries-37-halt-gauri-inn.jpg


After crossing the bad section of the highway we merged onto AH46. We took the Amravati Bypass road. We had planned a halt for lunch at Gauri Inn, Amravati. The said hotel is located on the highway itself. The road condition of the Amaravati by pass was too good. Finally, I was able to smile happily and enjoy the superb road. The confidence level in the car had increased and there was completely different energy in the atmosphere within the car. We took halt at Gauri Inn hotel. We ordered food. I was really disappointed and let down by the quality of the food served to us. The Panner Tikka Masala and Butter Chicken ordered by us were very sweet. I had never eaten such sweet Paneer Tikka Masala and Butter Chicken till now. The energy dipped due to the poor quality of food. We again continued towards Nagpur and made sure that, we will never visit Gauri Inn hotel again. Now we started from Gauri Inn, Amravati for Le Meridian, Nagpur. We paid at the toll plaza. This was the first paid toll plaza in our journey. The butter smooth road continued till the Nagpur Bypass. We took right turn for the Nagpur Bypass. After few kms the road condition of the bypass drastically changed. I cannot even call the road worst. Worst would be understatement. After crossing SEZ Road onto the Airport Road, we reached Hotel Le Meridian at 6.37pm.

Merged onto AH46
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-32-merged-ah46.jpg

1st Toll Plaza
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-38-1st-toll-plaza.jpg


Amravati Nagpur Road
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-39-amravati-nagpur-road.jpg


Amravati Nagpur Road
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-40-amravati-nagpur-road.jpg


Nagpur Bypass Road
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-41-nagpur-pass.jpg


Poor Bypass Road
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-42-poor-pass-road.jpg


Poor Bypass Road
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-43-poor-pass-road.jpg


SEZ Road
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-45-sez-road.jpg


Airport Road
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-46-airport-road.jpg



21st May 2017- Nagpur – Bhandara – Rajnandgaon – Durg – Bhillai – Raipur.

On 21st May 2017, the last leg of our journey from Pune to Raipur started. It was Nagpur – Bhandara – Rajnandgaon – Durg – Bhillai – Raipur. The road which we left from Amaravati to Nagpur continued all the way till Raipur. The road was too good. I always maintained speed of 100-105 km/hr on other roads, whereas on Mumbai - Pune Expressway I drove sometimes touching 120 km/hr. The confidence on Mumbai – Pune Expressway is all together different. I have Innova so I don’t think of taking it beyond 110 km/hr. It is always advisable to be careful when the entire family is with you. Certainly on the said road one can touch 120 km/hr, however, it is better to avoid it. We took a halt for lunch at Roop Resort, Sirpur. The said hotel is truly value for money. Food was excellent. It certainly erased the bitter taste of Gauri Inn. If you are on the said route it is advisable to have a halt at the said hotel. It is located before the Maharashtra-Chattisgarh Border. From Bhandara to Durg there are some stretch of may be 4-5kms of road which are not having dividers and it is really scenic. It is like a wildlife sanctuary. There are signals of wildlife animals crossing.


Exit from Le Meridian
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-47-exit-le-meridian.jpg


Mumbai – Kolkata Highway
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-48-mumbai-kolkata-highway.jpg


Merged onto AH46
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-49-merged-onto-ah46.jpg


Mumbai – Kolkata Highway
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-50-mumbai-kolkata-highway.jpg

Toll Booth on Mumbai – Kolkata Highway.
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-51-toll-mumbai-kolkata-highway.jpg

Patch work in progress
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-52-patch-work-progress.jpg

Bhandara Bypass
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-53-bhandara-pass.jpg

Beautiful Road
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-54-beautiful-road.jpg

Maharashtra-Chattisgarh Border/Check Post
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-55-maharashtra-chattisgarh-border.jpg

Chattisgarh Road
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-56-chattisgarh-road.jpg

Chattisgarh Road
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-57-chattisgarh-road.jpg

Rajnandgaon Road
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-58-rajnandgaon.jpg

Durg By Pass
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-59-durg-pass.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-44-pass-road.jpg  

kabir3551 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2017, 21:20   #182
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 90
Thanked: 44 Times
Default Re: Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries

Bhillai Road
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-60-bhilai.jpg

Entry to Raipur
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-61-entry-raipur.jpg

Finally we reached Raipur at around 5pm. The road was good and I thoroughly enjoyed the drive. This was my third long drive. The first road trip started in December 2015 for Goa, May 2016 for Mysore and Ooty and May 2017 for Raipur. The fun and pleasure of a road trip will only be understood by the one who enjoys driving and is passionate about driving. Total distance covered 1008 kms. Enjoyed driving on beautiful roads and bad roads. Experienced that one should be prepared for the good and the bad also. If there is good then there is bad and when there is bad then the value of good is known. Thanks alot.
kabir3551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2017, 15:49   #183
BHPian
 
JoshMachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 123
Thanked: 123 Times
Default Re: Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabir3551 View Post
Hello friends. I had requested for inputs from the members of this thread as I had planned for a trip from Pune to Raipur. I had planned for Pune to Raipur trip commencing from 19th May 2017 -28th May 2017.
Hi Kabir, am planning a trip from Pune - Nagpur next week.
Went through your detailed photologue. Thanks for sharing.

Had few queries, if you can help with them:
  • Would you suggest the same route as you had taken from Pune to Nagpur, with monsoon still hovering around?
  • I noticed that you suggested to enter Ahmadnagar city but to bypass Aurangabad. Was this due to the specific time of the day that you reached these places, or this is a standard directive for all seasons given the road conditions/traffic etc?
I intend to undertake the entire Pune-Nagpur trip (Google Maps says about 725 kms) in one day itself, since I am accustomed to daily long driving (850km+) with family, after having done Pune-Bhopal trips 2 times in the last year or so.
JoshMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2017, 19:27   #184
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 90
Thanked: 44 Times
Default Re: Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Hi Kabir, am planning a trip from Pune - Nagpur next week.
Went through your detailed photologue. Thanks for sharing.

Had few queries, if you can help with them:
  • Would you suggest the same route as you had taken from Pune to Nagpur, with monsoon still hovering around?
  • I noticed that you suggested to enter Ahmadnagar city but to bypass Aurangabad. Was this due to the specific time of the day that you reached these places, or this is a standard directive for all seasons given the road conditions/traffic etc?
I intend to undertake the entire Pune-Nagpur trip (Google Maps says about 725 kms) in one day itself, since I am accustomed to daily long driving (850km+) with family, after having done Pune-Bhopal trips 2 times in the last year or so.
Hi JoshMachine. First Query- I would advice you to stick with the google map route. Take the same route taken by me. The road after Jalna till Amravati is not that great. Two lanes. Monsoon may have taken toll on the road.

Second Query- I guess there was a by pass but I refrained taking it. It would be best to enter city. If you are going to do Pune-Nagpur then you will cross Ahmednagar in the morning. Since your family is traveling with you I would advice to have break journey, since road after Jalna till Amravati is not good, it is doable. Also you need to check if there is any good hotel after Jalna. If you halt in Jalna then there is Saffron Hotel. You can try that.

If you are doing Pune-Nagpur in one day, I would advice an early start of 3.30am or 4pm. So even if you take 12-14 hours, you will reach before sunset.
kabir3551 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2017, 21:29   #185
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 404
Thanked: 382 Times
Default Re: Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
I noticed that you suggested to enter Ahmadnagar city but to bypass Aurangabad.
I intend to undertake the entire Pune-Nagpur trip (Google Maps says about 725 kms) in one day itself, since I am accustomed to daily long driving (850km+) with family, after having done Pune-Bhopal trips 2 times in the last year or so.
Avoid the Nagar bypass. Its a bad road and full of trucks. Plus its longer by few
kms.

I would suggest keep your options open to do a night halt at Amravati. Just keep a list of hotels handy and contact them on the way if you feel tired and want to rest for the night.
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2017, 21:41   #186
BHPian
 
JoshMachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 123
Thanked: 123 Times
Default Re: Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabir3551 View Post
. The road after Jalna till Amravati is not that great. Two lanes. Monsoon may have taken toll on the road.
Thanks, how much approx of this stretch between Jalna and Amravati is not good? And typically how long would it take to cover this?

Quote:
Second Query- I guess there was a by pass but I refrained taking it. It would be best to enter city. If you are going to do Pune-Nagpur then you will cross Ahmednagar in the morning. Since your family is traveling with you I would advice to have break journey, since road after Jalna till Amravati is not good, it is doable. Also you need to check if there is any good hotel after Jalna. If you halt in Jalna then there is Saffron Hotel. You can try that.

If you are doing Pune-Nagpur in one day, I would advice an early start of 3.30am or 4pm. So even if you take 12-14 hours, you will reach before sunset.
Thanks for all the tips, Kabir.
Yes, like my previous long trips I intend to start early.

Would you know if someone in this forum has travelled Pune-Nagpur in one day? Distance wise, it doesn't look much hence asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Avoid the Nagar bypass. Its a bad road and full of trucks. Plus its longer by few
kms.

I would suggest keep your options open to do a night halt at Amravati. Just keep a list of hotels handy and contact them on the way if you feel tired and want to rest for the night.
Sure, thanks freedom. When you enter Ahmadnagar city, are there clear directions to exit the city and move towards Aurangabad, which would be the next logical destination in my trip to Nagpur?
I intend to try and reach Nagpur the same day. So let's see.
JoshMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2017, 21:59   #187
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 404
Thanked: 382 Times
Default Re: Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Sure, thanks freedom. When you enter Ahmadnagar city, are there clear directions to exit the city and move towards Aurangabad, which would be the next logical destination in my trip to Nagpur?
Just as you approach Nagar (about 10 km before) you will see markings to turn for the "Bahya valan Marg" (bypass) ignore the boards and continue straight for Nagar town.
Once in Nagar town look for signboards to Aurangabad. its a pretty straight forward route. Just follow Google Maps and ask around for directions to Aurangabad if you get lost in Nagar city.

There are a lot of food joints near the turn off for Nagar bypass. Nagar to Aurangabad also has a few descent road side hotels.

Once you cross Aurangabad I didn't see many joints. Jalna to Mehkar also has very few options.

If you start at 430 ish, take a brunch break in Aurangabad and then take the next food break at Mehkar.

Lots of petrol pumps on the highways so no need to worry about fuel and toilet breaks.

I did a Marathwada trip last year end. Though I only travelled to Lonar, you can use the details for your reference for Pune-Mehkar part of your trip.
Check this travelogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
The plan

27th - Pune-Aurangabad
28th - Aurangabad-Verul(Ellora)
29th - Verul-Ajantha
30th - Ajantha-Lonar
31st - Lonar-Pune

All the best for your trip!
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2017, 22:13   #188
BHPian
 
JoshMachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 123
Thanked: 123 Times
Default Re: Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Just as you approach Nagar (about 10 km before) you will see markings to turn for the "Bahya valan Marg" (bypass) ignore the boards and continue straight for Nagar town.
Once in Nagar town look for signboards to Aurangabad. its a pretty straight forward route. Just follow Google Maps and ask around for directions to Aurangabad if you get lost in Nagar city.

There are a lot of food joints near the turn off for Nagar bypass. Nagar to Aurangabad also has a few descent road side hotels.

Once you cross Aurangabad I didn't see many joints. Jalna to Mehkar also has very few options.

If you start at 430 ish, take a brunch break in Aurangabad and then take the next food break at Mehkar.

Lots of petrol pumps on the highways so no need to worry about fuel and toilet breaks.

I did a Marathwada trip last year end. Though I only travelled to Lonar, you can use the details for your reference for Pune-Mehkar part of your trip.
Check this travelogue


All the best for your trip!
Super Thanks buddy. Will definitely note these points. And will come back to you again if there are more queries
JoshMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries Dadi Bhote Route / Travel Queries 320 4th June 2017 12:45
Nagpur - Mumbai : Route Queries sangtani Route / Travel Queries 42 1st June 2017 15:41
B’lore-Hyderabad-Nagpur-Jabalpur-Maihar Route/Hotel/Food Queries. Su-47 Route / Travel Queries 14 19th April 2017 16:42
Nagpur, Shirdi & Nagpur: 23 hours pramods Travelogues 10 13th January 2017 19:14
Nagpur to Chikhaldara : Route Queries IndianNomad Route / Travel Queries 4 18th December 2015 16:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:33.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks