Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 15th June 2008, 22:15   #1
BHPian

Default Trip details for Central India visit

Hello guys,

So the prog for Char Dham is now cancelled.

Now we are planning to visit central India. Following is the tentative itinerary. Leaving date is yet to be finalized.

Day 1 : Evening, Me, Dad and mom leaves Delhi and stay overnight at Agra (My uncle's place).
Day 2 : Leave early morning (5 ish) and reach Bhopal between 4-5 in the evening. My sister and my dadi joins us in Bhopal and we cover the lakes here. Overnight in Bhopal (My Aunt's place)
Day 3 : By afternoon we leave for pachmarhi. Overnight there
Day 4 : Whole day in pachmarhi. Overnight there
Day 5 : Leave in afternoon for jabalpur (bhedaghat). Overnight in jabalpur
Day 6 : Whole day in jabalpur
Day 7 : Leave early and proceed to khajuraho. Visit the temples in the eve
Day 8 : Visit the remaining places. Leave for Delhi by 1 pm and reach back by 12 - 1 in the night.

Please suggest the routes which are best and approximate travel time as I don't have idea about the roads and their conditions.

Any info on hotels are welcome. We are looking for cottage type accommodation as we are 5 people.

Waiting for reply. Hv are you listening

Naman
naman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 14:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Route 1 - Delhi to Agra - Start off at any time, Afternoon will be perfect as not much traffic in Badarpur during that time. After 5 it is hell from Badarpur - Faridabad.

You can also use the Surajkund Road to get out from Delhi. I am sure you know this route. Just mentioning it in case.

From Agra, the perfect time to leave would be between 5 - 6 AM.

Road Conditions are very good.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2008, 12:10   #3
BHPian

I am planning to drive from Delhi-Khajuraho - Panna during the Christmas weekend

Any one been on this route recently..hows the stretch from Agra - Jhansi & Jhansi - Khajuraho...are there just some bad stretches or the entire road is bad - will my Fiat Siena be able to do this...? i plan to drive mostly during daytime..
paharino1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2008, 12:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Route 1 - Delhi to Agra - Start off at any time, Afternoon will be perfect as not much traffic in Badarpur during that time. After 5 it is hell from Badarpur - Faridabad.

I guess the starting point would be Faridabad.
kpzen is online now   Reply With Quote