Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 8th August 2017, 15:18   #241
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore - Shivanasamudra : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKOUL View Post
Bangalore - Kanakpura (Stop for breakfast) - Malavalli - Shivanasamudra - BR temple - BR Sanctuary - Chamrajanagar - Malavalli - Bangalore
Lunch could be at Nijaguna Chamrajanagar. That is the only family friendly place that I know of in that area. You might also want to go to Somnathpura if you havent visited the same and then drive back via Bannur - Malavalli - Kanakpura.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2018, 19:28   #242
BHPian

Please be aware that Kanakapura road is under construction. 4laning project is going on. Expect deep excavations and better to avoid driving at night. There will be long traffic snarls on weekends at junctions and construction sites. If you can, please go through Mysore road.
Romins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2018, 11:11   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

With road widening work ongoing on Kanakpura road, it is now difficult to select between Mysore road and Kanakpura road for Shivanasamudra.

However, personally I would still favor Kanakapura road with early morning start to avoid crowd. As Romins mentioned above, if driving after sunset be careful about road work.
mpksuhas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2018, 13:00   #244
BHPian

I will be riding to Melukote this weekend. Do you know the condition of Mysore road until Mandya? I have seen the road-widening work happening 6 months back.

Last edited by Romins : 13th June 2018 at 13:01.
Romins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2018, 13:41   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romins View Post
I will be riding to Melukote this weekend
Do check this thread & post (Driving between Bangalore and Mysore) for more details. If you are driving from North/West Bangalore, you can try this route (Driving between Bangalore and Mysore) to drive through some super country roads which should be nice & green right now.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2018, 14:23   #246
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romins View Post
I will be riding to Melukote this weekend. Do you know the condition of Mysore road until Mandya? I have seen the road-widening work happening 6 months back.
I would suggest avoiding the Mysore road route.
Instead take Nelamangala-Kunigal and then turn off to left towards Nagamangala. From Nagamangala take the road that goes right and reaches Melukote (this is better since the nagamangala-pandavapura stretch has some widening work in small stretches).

*Another alternative is Magadi-Huliyurdurga-Nagamangala-Melukote.

My trip experience from April 2018 posted here

Last edited by NPV : 13th June 2018 at 14:27.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2018, 12:07   #247
BHPian

I had gone to Melukote last weekend via Nelamangala-Bellur Cross- Nagamangala route. This route is nice, except that there is some road widening work in between. Watch out for speed breakers and the construction debris. Otherwise, the traffic is less and it took a little more 3hrs to cover 180km from Bangalore to Melukote.
Romins is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote