Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2008, 12:19   #16
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,728
Thanked: 7,893 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
A bhpian had a problem with this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ye-opener.html (VISA PVR Offer - An eye opener)

I have been lucky so far. Generally book 2 tickets and have almost always got one free. btw I use an icici platinum card. Book early in the day as I think there is some quota system in place.
Thanks Imran. I have a HDFC Platinum card, hope it works with that. Let me try that one of these days.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 12:30   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 151 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
A bhpian had a problem with this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ye-opener.html (VISA PVR Offer - An eye opener)

I have been lucky so far. Generally book 2 tickets and have almost always got one free. btw I use an icici platinum card. Book early in the day as I think there is some quota system in place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thanks Imran. I have a HDFC Platinum card, hope it works with that. Let me try that one of these days.
The offer is over now. It was till July 31st
nishantgandhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 12:30   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,265
Thanked: 1,233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Hey Guy's

There is a shorter route as well!! Take left immediately after Shanbagh and then take the second/third left! I have marked this in yellow in the route map posted above! The lanes are narrow though and just can squeeze in 2 cars side by side!
Oh, I was actually talking about this lane in my first response. It is narrow, but some guys park their cars there, so beware of opp direction traffic. Once I had to reverse my Fiesta all the way to the main road to make way for an Innova. On the contrary, the next left lane from the main road, just before Picnic Bakery is wider. This route is what bblost has indicated in red.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 13:00   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
rocksterraghu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,202
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

In my opinion,

1. The right turn at Punjagutta should be permitted (Pray atleast) now that the flyover is operational.
2. In the map above, isn't it better to take a left at Punjagutta and take a U-turn in Ameerpet (at or close to Srinagar colony junction) instead of going through Road No.1 and Erramanzil? Erramanzil is as chaotic as Ameerpet and the lane next to GVK One is very narrow.

Also, Central should explore the option of having the entry on Punjagutta road opp. Police Station (on the other side of where it currently is). I know the guys at Pantaloon/Central - I should talk to them about this.

Nice to see someone giving directions having "lost" in their ID.
Just kidding bblost.

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 6th August 2008 at 13:02.
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 13:42   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,265
Thanked: 1,233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
In my opinion,

1. The right turn at Punjagutta should be permitted (Pray atleast) now that the flyover is operational.
2. In the map above, isn't it better to take a left at Punjagutta and take a U-turn in Ameerpet (at or close to Srinagar colony junction) instead of going through Road No.1 and Erramanzil? Erramanzil is as chaotic as Ameerpet and the lane next to GVK One is very narrow.
Even if could take a U-Turn at Srinagar T Junction, how do you enter Central at Punjagutta? There is no entry, AFAIK.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 14:31   #21
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,728
Thanked: 7,893 Times
Default

Don't you think we are wasting a lot of breathe over Central Mall.

Easiest method is use a bike or a rick !!!
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 16:07   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,265
Thanked: 1,233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Don't you think we are wasting a lot of breathe over Central Mall.

Easiest method is use a bike or a rick !!!
Ha ha, owing to the complexities involved, I park my car at home and walk to Central. It is just a 1.2 km walk for me.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2008, 14:31   #23
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,650
Thanked: 6,662 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
The offer is over now. It was till July 31st
and the offer is back.
Just booked 2 tickets using my ICICI Visa platinum card for Rs 115 instead of 230.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2008, 17:01   #24
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,728
Thanked: 7,893 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
and the offer is back.
Just booked 2 tickets using my ICICI Visa platinum card for Rs 115 instead of 230.
Is it for PVR or Prasadz?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2008, 17:09   #25
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,650
Thanked: 6,662 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Is it for PVR or Prasadz?
Promotional Templates of Credit Cards Marketing

Goto ICICI Bank Online

Please read the conditions carefully.
Most offers are limited to the Platinum and Signature cards only.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 02:55   #26
BHPian
 
joshuakeys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad/Pune
Posts: 177
Thanked: 47 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

You can take a right turn when you get down from the flyover, near Amurutha maal.
joshuakeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 15:20   #27
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,728
Thanked: 7,893 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Promotional Templates of Credit Cards Marketing

Goto ICICI Bank Online

Please read the conditions carefully.
Most offers are limited to the Platinum and Signature cards only.
Oh, i have a HDFC platinum card and a gold ICICI card. Can i use the HDFC Platinum ( which is a visa) to buy the PVR tickets?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 17:04   #28
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,650
Thanked: 6,662 Times
Default

Mobike, check out the offers on Credit Card recharge from Big Flix as well.
Not applicable for online renewal but store fronts should give you something like 50% off.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 17:34   #29
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

From Chutney's towards Central, take a right turn under the flyover. Its allowed, legal.
Manish Datta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2008, 12:10   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,265
Thanked: 1,233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manish Datta View Post
From Chutney's towards Central, take a right turn under the flyover. Its allowed, legal.
It would be faster if you took the flyover, and the new U turn (they opened this up only a few days ago) just before Somajiguda circle.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alto Lxi : My Point A to Point B - Done 25000Kms AltoHoncho Long-Term Ownership Reviews 21 28th March 2017 15:54
Hyd-Goa-Hyd Trip: Gulp Terror!! for the Thrill btirthankar Travelogues 82 19th January 2010 21:26
Alto Xcite - Upgrade Manual Central Locking to Remote Central locking Laxminarayan Technical Stuff 1 28th December 2009 15:02
Need advice on Hyd-Hampi-Bijapur-Hyd route vnabhi Route / Travel Queries 18 16th October 2009 23:02
No right turn, but how about a U turn? adya33 Street Experiences 14 28th September 2006 20:10


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:15.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks