Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 6th December 2013, 15:03   #61
Default Re: Weekend Getaways from Mumbai

@akshaymahajan - If you want a place which is not too crowded, then please avoid the above places that you have mentioned. They are eternally crowded. And offlate become dirty too because of the crowd.

Dive-agar is a nice, serene beach. Not too crowded. There are many home stay/guest houses here. Little further ahead is Harihareshwar beach which is equally beautiful.

Igatpuri is a silent hill station. Not too far away from Mumbai. Maybe around 100kms. Many hotels are available here too.

A little further from Igatpuri is Bhandardara. There is a dam here in the background of the western ghats. 155 kms from Mumbai.

You surely can visit Daman if you have a single point agenda of getting sloshed . Being a Union Territory, liquor is dirt cheap. Its on the coast. There are 2-3 beaches, though they arent so scenic. But you surely will find it crowded (for obvious reasons) .

Hope this helps you. Enjoy your trip.
pokerface23 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 15:08   #62

@akshaymahajan as you don't have a car, I would suggest Mahabaleshwar, super cold at that time of the year. plenty buses and lots of options to stay in & near the main market.
Plus Pune is also close by. Google the various options online and book the one you find best. I cant remeber the prices , But Hotel Rajesh is good, right in the market, Hotel Dina has a superb view, as does Valley View, and Hotel Fredrick. some more options in Paanchgani, which is about 20-30 kms from Maby.

Beach, Manori can be an option and can be reached within 90 mins of wherever you are in the western suburbs. Two days maybe more than required time to enjoy the place.
Manoribel, Palm Beach Resort, Dominica's are some options, check them online.

For the weather I would go to Maby, for the ease to travel I would go to Manori.

Happy Holidays
neofromcapone is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2013, 16:34   #63

Thank you both so much. pokerface, all the earlier choices eliminated after reading your reply. I was under the impression that Daman was a tiny bit like Goa. But reading online, it looks like its just a drinking hub for the neighboring states.

neofromcapone, Thanks for bringing up Mahabaleshwar and panchgani. Thats probably where I am going to go now. Still looking at hotels though.

In Panchgani, I am trying to decide between brickland and Forest Valley resort? Any first hand experiences?
akshaymahajan is offline   Reply With Quote