Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 2nd September 2008, 20:17   #16
BHPian

am looking fwd to the travelogue. I have been eagerly waiting to do a trip like this. Am assuming that chn -bby is a 20 hr drive.
neoranjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008, 14:18   #17
BHPian

friends, im returning via shirdi - pune next monday. i ll be highly obliged if you can guide me on a route that will allow me to get off NH4 and straight onto the Chennai highway without touching bangalore. i know that you have given some route tips but the problem is that its difficult to locate it without landmarks so kindly let me know with landmarks where i get off NH4 and cut through to chennai
vij4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008, 19:24   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij4all View Post
friends, im returning via shirdi - pune next monday. i ll be highly obliged if you can guide me on a route that will allow me to get off NH4 and straight onto the Chennai highway without touching bangalore. i know that you have given some route tips but the problem is that its difficult to locate it without landmarks so kindly let me know with landmarks where i get off NH4 and cut through to chennai
If you want to bypass bangalore then use the following (as I said already) but you hae to forget GQ, you have come back to NH4 again:

Tumkur - Dobbspet - Dodaballapur - Yelahanka - near Hoskote

Till Yelahanka I have already told you. From yelahanka till NH4 near Hoskote pls PM lukeskywalker,he does that often.

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2008, 09:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij4all View Post
Touched outskirts of bangalore at 9, only took a couple breaks for natures call and thren just when i was feeling nice n happy after i crossed a renaissance hotel on the outskirts and took a flyover THUD. In the middle of the flyover at 60kmph hit 2 huge potholes, the rearview mirror inside the car came down alongwith my moood n confidence now at jp nagar downing a breezer will leave around 4 in the morning.
Thanks for the warning, what you went through was not a pothole but a patch which has been cut open on the flyover for repair, guys who come down beyond Hosur while taking the flyover need to watch out for this. Avoid the right lane at any cost as this patch is bang on top of the flyover and there is no marking done to warn motorists.
pypkmsrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote