Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2009, 16:04   #136
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,977
Thanked: 344 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Any updates? My cousin drove down and was to leave tomorrow. He has postponed due to this
As much as I understand, Kurnool is totally cutoff because of the rains.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 13:05   #137
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 132
Thanked: 120 Times
Default Hyd-Bng Highway condition ?

Friends,

I would be leaving to Hyderabad from Bangalore tonight. I have booked my tickets for the 9 45 pm KSRTC Airavat Volvo bus leaving from Majestic. How is the current highway condition between Hyderabad and Bangalore ? Is KSRTC running this service tonight?

Tried calling the KSRTC enquiry number to check for any update and was not able to get through.

Its quite important that I have to be in Hyderabad tommorow. Taking a flight is not possible and there are no seats available in any of the trains leaving to Hyderabad.

Are there any other fellow members travelling to Hyderabad tonight by any other mode of transport ?
s@tan2s@int is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 14:33   #138
BHPian
 
vinay.pillai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Little Rock, US
Posts: 229
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Well, I am traveling tonight in 2649 S. Kranti Exp. As of now, train is running on its defined route. So keeping my finger crossed.
vinay.pillai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 15:08   #139
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,416
Thanked: 1,536 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@tan2s@int View Post
Friends,

I would be leaving to Hyderabad from Bangalore tonight. I have booked my tickets for the 9 45 pm KSRTC Airavat Volvo bus leaving from Majestic. How is the current highway condition between Hyderabad and Bangalore ? Is KSRTC running this service tonight?

Tried calling the KSRTC enquiry number to check for any update and was not able to get through.

Its quite important that I have to be in Hyderabad tommorow. Taking a flight is not possible and there are no seats available in any of the trains leaving to Hyderabad.

Are there any other fellow members travelling to Hyderabad tonight by any other mode of transport ?
As far I know there is no way the bus would run,the highway is still inundated.Attaching a pic of NH7 @near Kurnool
Attached Images
 
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 23:39   #140
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,416
Thanked: 1,536 Times
Default

Yet another pic of a bridge washed away,70-80 breach points have been reported as per news reports between K'nool & Hyd
Attached Images
 
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 11:28   #141
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: KA-03
Posts: 445
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

I came to Hyderabad last week. I need to go back. Planning to take this route back
from:hyderabad, india to:14.4134,79.94751 to:bangalore, india - Google Maps

Can any one help in information between Miryalguda till joining NH5, which is the best place to join NH5.

RTC buses are taking Macherla, Kadapa route to go to Bangalore, but I am preferring to take NH5
sriturl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 11:53   #142
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,416
Thanked: 1,536 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
I came to Hyderabad last week. I need to go back. Planning to take this route back
from:hyderabad, india to:14.4134,79.94751 to:bangalore, india - Google Maps

Can any one help in information between Miryalguda till joining NH5, which is the best place to join NH5.

RTC buses are taking Macherla, Kadapa route to go to Bangalore, but I am preferring to take NH5
NH5 option is best avoided as of now as the Vijayawada route is cut off from HYD for now.The gates @ Prakasam Barrage & Nagarjuna Sagar have been opened.News reports suggest that VJA-Chennai route(this is part of the route suggested by you) has also been breached near Guntur

Not sure if the buses would continue to ply on the Macherla route for a day or two as areas around N Sagar & Kadapa would be flooded by now as NH18(Kurnool-Chitoor) has also been reportedly breached.

Miryalguda to NH5,IMO joining up at Ongole would be the best I guess as that would be the farthest point from Guntur.Wait for others inputs on this.

Waiting for a day or two before travelling would be advisable.

Refer to this post/thread for more details.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1514542 (Heavy Rains in AP:Update/Road Blockade)
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 12:32   #143
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: KA-03
Posts: 445
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
NH5 option is best avoided as of now as the Vijayawada route is cut off from HYD for now.The gates @ Prakasam Barrage & Nagarjuna Sagar have been opened.News reports suggest that VJA-Chennai route(this is part of the route suggested by you) has also been breached near Guntur

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1514542 (Heavy Rains in AP:Update/Road Blockade)
thanks Ranjit.
As I understand, NH5 flooding is between VJA and guntur, and I am planning to cross Krishna between Miryalguda and Piduguralla, and continue towards Chilakaluripeta, and join NH5 beyond breach at Chirala/Ongole. As of yesterday got information from APSRTC that this route is fine, but not sure about traffic part, and road condition part. Will try to get more info again from sources in RTC etc. If anyone has information about this stretch, and possible areas of trouble would be helpful.
I will wait if this is not a feasible option. A friend drove yesterday from Bapatla to Bangalore, and that stretch is perfectly fine. As of now the question to access NH5 at Chirala/Ongole.

thanks.
sriturl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 12:58   #144
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: bangalore, guda
Posts: 206
Thanked: 59 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
I totally second ranjitp1. Just did Hyd - Blr 2 days back. You need to keep your eyes open as the 4 lane is not complete at most of the place. Also please note that only Ghar Dhaba open is the one after Kurnool. So better to pack your food.
We started from B'lore at 3 AM in my M800 and reached Gachibowli at 12:30PM.
By chance I changed my plans in last minute to Mysore - Coorg as my brother in law was out of Hyderabad. I am thanking my stars for that.
Best regards
Bala
balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 13:15   #145
BHPian
 
chakri400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 176
Thanked: 96 Times
Default

I left hyderabad at 7 PM on 2785 KCG-BLR express and reached BLR at 8 AM. I was awake in the night till I reached Kurnool to witness Tungabadhra and Kurnool town. There were a couple of KM-long bridges on Tungabadhra. River was full, may be just 5-10 ft below the rail track. I have travelled a lot of times on this route but never got to see this as its mostly night travel. Kurnool town closer to the river was still inundated with most homes filled with kneedeep water, no power and people. As we moved away from the river to the town station, town was looking more normal with clear roads and homes, power and an occasional 2 or 4 wheeler. There was uncharacteristically high number of people in the train station. Most of them were sleeping with the rugs on. I could hardly find any vacant space on the station.
chakri400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 13:28   #146
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 257
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
........I am planning to cross Krishna between Miryalguda and Piduguralla, and continue towards Chilakaluripeta, and join NH5 beyond breach at Chirala/Ongole. As of yesterday got information from APSRTC that this route is fine, but not sure about traffic part, and road condition part. Will try to get more info again from sources in RTC etc. If anyone has information about this stretch, and possible areas of trouble would be helpful...
I drove from Chennai to Hyderabad yesterday - turned off NH5 at Chilakaluripet and came via Pidiguralla and Miriyalguda and crossed the Krishna between those two places. There was no problem other than a few potholes just after the bridge (on the Miriyalguda side). No flooding.
straightdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 16:47   #147
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 132
Thanked: 120 Times
Default Current road condition

Hi All,

I took the KSRTC bus from Bangalore this Sunday night at 9 30 pm and reached hyderabad yesterday at 4:00 pm in the evening.

The route the bus took was through Bellary via Yadagiri, Kodangal and Hyderabad. The route till Kodangal was horrible single lane road with full of potholes and non existent roads. As soon as we reached the AP border, the road was much better with double lane roads.

Anyone travellling by bus to bangalore, my suggestion is to please avoid it, as it took me nearly 20 hours to reach Hyderabad.
s@tan2s@int is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 12:45   #148
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 24
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Just checked the KSRTC site, as per that

Bangalore to Hyderabad and Hyderabad to Bangalore services have resumed on the main route via Ananthapur, Kurnool from 7.10-2009.

Similarly, Bangalore to Mantralaya and Mantralaya to Bangalore services have been resumed from 7.10.2009.

K S R T C.

Called the KSRTC but they are still saying it's going to take some alternate route which is 200KM extra.

Sharma travels seems optimistic that regular route may get open. Asked me to call back after 1 hour.
abhidube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 13:46   #149
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: KA-03
Posts: 445
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
thanks Ranjit.
As I understand, NH5 flooding is between VJA and guntur, and I am planning to cross Krishna between Miryalguda and Piduguralla, and continue towards Chilakaluripeta, and join NH5 beyond breach at Chirala/Ongole. As of yesterday got information from APSRTC that this route is fine, but not sure about traffic part, and road condition part. Will try to get more info again from sources in RTC etc. If anyone has information about this stretch, and possible areas of trouble would be helpful.
I will wait if this is not a feasible option. A friend drove yesterday from Bapatla to Bangalore, and that stretch is perfectly fine. As of now the question to access NH5 at Chirala/Ongole.

thanks.
I took this route yesterday, and looks like the best option as of now.
Took around 15 hours with some sedate driving for a while. total distance 870 kms
Road is std 2 lane high way with heavy traffic upto Narketpally.
After that upto Nalgonda good roads. Expect speed breakers before Nalgonda. Upto Miryalguda, same road but few pot holes. easy to avoid maintaining speed.
After Miryalguda, more pot holes, and you cross Krishna before piduguralla, near Dachepalli Village.
After piduguralla, you can continue towards Addanki, or towards Narsaraopet to join NH5. The land mark for this turn is a small temple and a hanuman statue at the Y junction. NRPet and continue towards Chilakaluripet will join you to NH nearer, but the road is not that great with traffic NRpet town.

After that its a breeze all the way towards Nellore. Take deviation at Naidupeta towards Tirupati, and onto Bangalore.
Tirupati-Bangalore strech is not that great around Mulbagal-Kolar-Hoskote stretch with 4 laning in progress. At night its worse with not so good markings. One place, I almost rammed into the deviation divider since it was not painted.

Donot take Bellary route. Even in normal times, it is spoiled by mines trucks. Roads doesnt exist on that roads.

Last edited by sriturl : 7th October 2009 at 13:47.
sriturl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 13:56   #150
BHPian
 
tmnraghu78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 78
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

I got friends in Kurnool and said that traffic is now resumed on NH7 between Kurnool and Hyderabad. Few places out of 4 lanes, only two lanes are open for traffic and other two lanes are damaged & being under repairs.

May need to get actual information from APSRTC helplines. I am due to travel to Bangalore this Friday in my Car (as I did not get reservation in train and I am not sure whether I get reservations in bus also).

If anyone has more updates on road conditions, route diversions please provide.

Thanks,
Raghu Lakshman
tmnraghu78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries madan80 Route / Travel Queries 2539 5th December 2016 22:53
Bangalore - Delhi - Srinagar - Delhi - Bangalore : Route Queries micrographics Route / Travel Queries 8 27th November 2015 14:47
Route Help: Hyderabad - Goa - Udupi - Bangalore - Hyderabad changaez Route / Travel Queries 28 22nd January 2012 16:56
Hyderabad - Coonoor - Ashtamudi: Route & Accommodation Queries MileCruncher Route / Travel Queries 2 5th January 2011 23:01
Bílore-Hyderabad-Nagpur-Jabalpur-Maihar Route/Hotel/Food Queries. Su-47 Route / Travel Queries 9 11th March 2008 11:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:44.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks