Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2013, 19:03   #841
Senior - BHPian
 
goandude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,310
Thanked: 415 Times
Default re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Did HYD BLR on 3rd. The road condition is fantastic, traffic relatively less and not many 2 wheelers. I noticed something I've not seen before, at every crossing they have put red and white plastic dividers ACROSS the road in three rows effectively making a chicane of the road with one lane only. So if a slow moving vehicle gets into the single lane, you have to really drop your speed. Moreover the red ones are not very visible at night. It is definitely better than placing speed breakers but an irritant nevertheless.
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2013, 20:27   #842
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 855
Thanked: 236 Times
Default re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Drove Hyderabad-Banglore and back this weekend..
I saw a new A.P tourism Haritha restaurant at Bagepalli town but did not stop.
The Reliance Dhaba between Dhone and Gooty was good and was quite quick service.
This place is a better option than Hotel Raviteja in Gooty bypass.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2013, 21:12   #843
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,770
Thanked: 7,439 Times
Default re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
I saw a new A.P tourism Haritha restaurant at Bagepalli town but did not stop.
The Reliance Dhaba between Dhone and Gooty was good and was quite quick service.
I thought there was a restaurant at Bagepally for quite some time. Isnt it the one where we have the exit for Lepakshi. If yes, then I think I have seen for quite some time.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2013, 21:41   #844
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 855
Thanked: 236 Times
Default re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I thought there was a restaurant at Bagepally for quite some time. Isnt it the one where we have the exit for Lepakshi. If yes, then I think I have seen for quite some time.
Yes it is the same restaurant at the corner of the road exiting to Lepakshi.
Probably it had got a new coat of paint.
gajadonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2013, 21:48   #845
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,770
Thanked: 7,439 Times
Default re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Yes it is the same restaurant at the corner of the road exiting to Lepakshi.
Probably it had got a new coat of paint.
That may be the case. I have been to Lepakshi a couple to times. And I used to see quite many trucks and local transport buses parked there. Hence did try the place thinking it would be crowded. We used to mostly break at Kamat in Chikkaballapur. But this Kamat is not all great. Maybe since it does not see much inflow, the management does not bother to maintain it well.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2013, 17:59   #846
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: KA-03
Posts: 445
Thanked: 37 Times
Default re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Drove Hyderabad-Banglore and back this weekend..
I saw a new A.P tourism Haritha restaurant at Bagepalli town but did not stop.
The Reliance Dhaba between Dhone and Gooty was good and was quite quick service.
This place is a better option than Hotel Raviteja in Gooty bypass.
I tried it long back, but never liked it...
It was around 3PM which is post the primetime lunch slot, but not promising. Food quality was probably lower than ravi teja.
Off late I am sticking to dhabas.
sriturl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2013, 11:32   #847
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 98
Thanked: 27 Times
Default re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Hi,

Planning to drive for HYDERABAD MARATHON, in August, any tips on th route and also place of stay close to the Start/ Finish would be helpful as I would ne new to HYD
Rajesh1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2013, 15:14   #848
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,416
Thanked: 1,536 Times
Default re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh1968 View Post
Hi,

Planning to drive for HYDERABAD MARATHON, in August, any tips on th route and also place of stay close to the Start/ Finish would be helpful as I would ne new to HYD
Would help to advise what are the start and end points and your budget for stay.I am assuming start is Necklace Road and end is Gachibowli.

Aditya Sarovar is an excellent choice near Gachobowli in the range of INR 4K,plus a host of service apartments.Easiest to book via the travel portals.On Necklace Road,there is Justa which is an ok place.Other than that you can consider staying at any of the hotels near Paradise (Solitaire,Minerva,Stay Inn)

Route is all good,nothing to worry.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2013, 21:04   #849
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,036
Thanked: 1,038 Times
Default re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh1968 View Post
Hi,

Planning to drive for HYDERABAD MARATHON, in August, any tips on th route and also place of stay close to the Start/ Finish would be helpful as I would ne new to HYD
There are service apartments in Kundanbagh and Somajiguda that would cost around 2K, with car parking. You need to order food from nearby places though.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2013, 21:30   #850
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 98
Thanked: 27 Times
Default re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Thanks, planning to book a place near the finish, as I need to start back immediately, any idea what the places are called, postal address
Rajesh1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2013, 22:29   #851
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,416
Thanked: 1,536 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh1968 View Post
Thanks, planning to book a place near the finish, as I need to start back immediately, any idea what the places are called, postal address
Book at places which say gachibowli,kondapur,madhapur,hitec city.plenty of hotels and serviced apartments in these locations
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2013, 10:00   #852
Senior - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 1,835
Thanked: 869 Times
Default re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Guys,

Need your advice w.r.t. the Telengana/Seemandhra announcement.

Bad timing I know but we have a 4 day road-trip planned to HYD (from BLR) during the 10 August weekend. Plan is to leave BLR on 9/8 early maybe by 0500 and reach HYD for a late lunch around 1400. Return likewise on 12/8.

Covering the usual tourist sights like Golconda, Salarjung, Charminar, Ramoji FC (maybe), Necklace Road etc.

Any precautions I should take on the road? My car has a KA registration which is (hopefully) completely irrelevant to the issue!

Last edited by itwasntme : 31st July 2013 at 10:01. Reason: Clarity
itwasntme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2013, 10:09   #853
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,005
Thanked: 6,041 Times
Default re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Need your advice w.r.t. the Telengana/Seemandhra announcement.

Bad timing I know but we have a 4 day road-trip planned to HYD (from BLR) during the 10 August weekend.
Absolutely no need to worry. Had it been yesterday/today there could have been some point to worry. Firstly, announcement is already made and there is no sign of unrest from any part of the country

So you can carry on with your trip without any fear. Btw, welcome to Hyderabad and do give me a call if you need any help. I will PM you my mobile number

Cheers and enjoy your stay
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2013, 11:09   #854
Senior - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 1,835
Thanked: 869 Times
Default re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Thanks, mobike008!

Read that there are highway blockages etc. across most major towns in Seemandhra including Anantapur & Kurnool. Hope it dies down somewhat by that weekend!

Issue is that the BLR-HYD highway passes more-or-less through these 2 towns so even a single agitation can be devastating on traffic.
itwasntme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2013, 11:12   #855
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,416
Thanked: 1,536 Times
Default re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Thanks, mobike008!

Read that there are highway blockages etc. across most major towns in Seemandhra including Anantapur & Kurnool. Hope it dies down somewhat by that weekend!

Issue is that the BLR-HYD highway passes more-or-less through these 2 towns so even a single agitation can be devastating on traffic.
As of now life is as normal as it can get as Mobike advised.Maybe check back on the threads a day or two before your departure to know the latest.
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries madan80 Route / Travel Queries 2535 4th December 2016 07:17
Bangalore - Delhi - Srinagar - Delhi - Bangalore : Route Queries micrographics Route / Travel Queries 8 27th November 2015 14:47
Route Help: Hyderabad - Goa - Udupi - Bangalore - Hyderabad changaez Route / Travel Queries 28 22nd January 2012 16:56
Hyderabad - Coonoor - Ashtamudi: Route & Accommodation Queries MileCruncher Route / Travel Queries 2 5th January 2011 23:01
Bílore-Hyderabad-Nagpur-Jabalpur-Maihar Route/Hotel/Food Queries. Su-47 Route / Travel Queries 9 11th March 2008 11:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:53.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks