Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2014, 17:06   #1096
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,036
Thanked: 1,038 Times
Default re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by venuvedam View Post
Even if you miss the Gachibowli exit, you have the Financial District exit in a couple of kilometers that is essentially another gateway to Gachibowli. You might lose about 10 or 15 minutes max.

If you miss that exit, then God help you
That's what I did. Shelled out Rs 10 more for taking the ORR in the reverse direction towards Gachibowli.

Aren't there exits near Kollur after that, in case one misses the Financial District exit?
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2014, 18:14   #1097
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 59
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Aren't there exits near Kollur after that, in case one misses the Financial District exit?
The Kollur exit will make you land in Osman nagar. From there, Gachibowli is half an hour drive if know the internal roads well. If not, God help you
IUNKWN is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2015, 20:54   #1098
Senior - BHPian
 
zenren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CLT/TVM/HYD
Posts: 2,578
Thanked: 1,720 Times
Default re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
That's what I did. Shelled out Rs 10 more for taking the ORR in the reverse direction towards Gachibowli.

Aren't there exits near Kollur after that, in case one misses the Financial District exit?
If you take the Financial district exit, you don't need to get back on the ORR to go back to Gachibowli. You can cross the ORR via the under-bridge and get on to the ICICI/Wipro/ISB road to reach IIIT junction, take a right and get to Gachibowli. Unless it is rush hour, it might be as fast as ORR where you have to again stop twice at entry and exit toll booths.
zenren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2015, 21:17   #1099
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,036
Thanked: 1,038 Times
Default re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
If you take the Financial district exit, you don't need to get back on the ORR to go back to Gachibowli. You can cross the ORR via the under-bridge and get on to the ICICI/Wipro/ISB road to reach IIIT junction, take a right and get to Gachibowli. Unless it is rush hour, it might be as fast as ORR where you have to again stop twice at entry and exit toll booths.
I know what you mean. I take that route very often to drop my wife in Waverock and then go to work at VIT Park. I wanted to reach office fast, hence the ORR. The Wipro Circle is a pain, as is the IIIT Jn, during rush hour.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2015, 14:27   #1100
Senior - BHPian
 
sandeepmohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,803
Thanked: 1,330 Times
Default re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by venuvedam View Post
Even if you miss the Gachibowli exit, you have the Financial District exit in a couple of kilometers that is essentially another gateway to Gachibowli
I must have taken this exit, as you said. It was a short distance after the one I missed. Everything was based on google maps recommendation. I was heading to Kavuri Hills. Sometimes its hard to judge when the gps isn't catching up and especially at point when the exit/entry is merged for a little to the highway before it veers off.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2015, 14:55   #1101
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 933
Thanked: 416 Times
Default re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

For those who take the ORR regularly, request you all to update this thread with exit numbers for various destinations on the ORR. This will help others not to take the wrong exit. If someone has information about exit 1 to the last exit, please share here.

P.S This is just my thought. Mods can delete if this is in the wrong thread.
JoseVijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2015, 16:50   #1102
BHPian
 
pramodpk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 901
Thanked: 401 Times
Default re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

I am thinking of a trip to Hyderabad during the Jan 26th long weekend.
I can start from Whitefield by 5:00 AM. Can I cover the must see places in 1.5 days( Ramoji film city, charminar, Golconda fort etc)? (24th afternoon & 25th full day).If I start from Hyderabad on 26th morning ( by 9:00 AM ) what time can I expect to reach Whitefield? Anything else to take care - within Hyderabad and enroute? Which is the ideal place to stay to visit places?

Thanks in advance.
pramodpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2015, 06:21   #1103
BHPian
 
pgupta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 158
Thanked: 96 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
I am thinking of a trip to Hyderabad during the Jan 26th long weekend.

I can start from Whitefield by 5:00 AM. Can I cover the must see places in 1.5 days( Ramoji film city, charminar, Golconda fort etc)? (24th afternoon & 25th full day).If I start from Hyderabad on 26th morning ( by 9:00 AM ) what time can I expect to reach Whitefield? Anything else to take care - within Hyderabad and enroute? Which is the ideal place to stay to visit places?



Thanks in advance.

A 5 am start would be helpful however 1.5 days will be tight to cover all the places you mentioned. Typically I will keep a day for Ramoji so covering other places in half a day would be little hectic.

It generally takes 8-9 hours depending upon speed and stops taken.
pgupta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2015, 13:32   #1104
BHPian
 
Mafioso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 104
Thanked: 41 Times
Default re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
I am thinking of a trip to Hyderabad during the Jan 26th long weekend.
I can start from Whitefield by 5:00 AM. Can I cover the must see places in 1.5 days( Ramoji film city, charminar, Golconda fort etc)? (24th afternoon & 25th full day).If I start from Hyderabad on 26th morning ( by 9:00 AM ) what time can I expect to reach Whitefield? Anything else to take care - within Hyderabad and enroute? Which is the ideal place to stay to visit places?

Thanks in advance.
1.5 days to cover these places would be very hectic! Ramoji film city would take a full day, Golconda would take again ~ 3-4 hours. Reaching charminar from golconda through the traffic is also a challenge. Would suggest to park the car somewhere and then head via auto to charminar in the evening, before 5pm.

Travel time from bangalore to hyderabad would be ~ 8-9 hours with minimal stops. Leaving back at 9, you would be driving in hot sun all through
Mafioso is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2015, 13:47   #1105
BHPian
 
pramodpk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 901
Thanked: 401 Times
Default re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
A 5 am start would be helpful however 1.5 days will be tight to cover all the places you mentioned. Typically I will keep a day for Ramoji so covering other places in half a day would be little hectic.

It generally takes 8-9 hours depending upon speed and stops taken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafioso View Post
1.5 days to cover these places would be very hectic! Ramoji film city would take a full day, Golconda would take again ~ 3-4 hours. Reaching charminar from golconda through the traffic is also a challenge. Would suggest to park the car somewhere and then head via auto to charminar in the evening, before 5pm.

Travel time from bangalore to hyderabad would be ~ 8-9 hours with minimal stops. Leaving back at 9, you would be driving in hot sun all through
Thanks for the inputs. I will take a day off and start on Friday - 23rd.
Any inputs on the location that will be ideal to stay to cover these places?
Budget - around Rs 2K per night.
pramodpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 12:34   #1106
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,416
Thanked: 1,536 Times
Default re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Thanks for the inputs. I will take a day off and start on Friday - 23rd.
Any inputs on the location that will be ideal to stay to cover these places?
Budget - around Rs 2K per night.
1.5days-Impossible to see all the places that you mentioned.Have sent you the details in response to your pm.Hope it helps.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2015, 12:44   #1107
BHPian
 
BeantownThinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 138
Thanked: 172 Times
Default re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Need advice on hotels on this route.

Bunch of us are doing a roadtrip and would be halting at Anantapur for the night. Need recommendations of good hotels in Anantapur.
BeantownThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 00:29   #1108
Newbie
 
ramm3110's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3
Thanked: 9 Times
Default re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

I did a complete Bangalore-Hyderabad-Bangalore trip with my T-Jet in December 2014. I was going for my alumni meet, and luckily, had the chance to drive all alone both ways.

19th Dec 2014, Friday
I started from Whitefield in Bangalore at 07:00 am, which was a mistake. The heavy traffic in whitefield accompanied me all the way till KR puram, after which the roads were relatively free till I took the turn towards BIAL/ Hyd. At about this point, there was mild drizzling which made the drive enjoyable, but reduced the visibility unexpectedly. So I was averaging about 50-60kmph till Devanhalli Toll Plaza.

The beautiful weather- pleasantly cold breeze, intermittent raindrops and moderately low visibility conditions flirted along all the way till Chikballpur. I took my pitstop here near a BP station, and fueled myself with hot dosas at the Kamath Upchaar adjacent the BP Petrol pump.


As I moved further, the weather conditions echoed the NH7's sentiment, and I couldn't resist accelerating beyond the 100kmph (despite the advisory from the fellow BHPians on this thread).
But I would suggest to watch out for the umpteen speed breakers- especially at night, there are no markers to warn you of the breakers. The roads around Peapully town slowed me down a bit (and I mean to 100kmph). Much of the road is smooth and tailor-made for petrol heads to rev their engines- no push their engines to limits unheard of in India otherwise.

Near Kurnool town, I had to take the service road for about 5-7km stretch, as there was work underway on a flyover over the town.

Overall journey from Whitefield to Gachibowli took me 6.5 hours with about an hour of break.

My return journey was much slower, as I had slept for less than 3 hours, and preferred alertness and comfort over speed thrill (the latter had its due anyway!). I took 9 hours with plenty of tea breaks to keep myself alert and wide awake.

Some points/ Observations
+Plenty of Fuel Stations along the way- so even for those taking the fuel guzzlers, hakuna matata
+Beautiful Road that's reminiscent of an Autobahn, but for the random crossings by humans and animals alike, so suggest keeping that Speedo needle (factoring in your car's braking ability) such that you can either brake soon or manoeuvre away easily.
+Not a lot of decent food options if you are travelling with family

Mod Note: Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.
We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-20141219-17.35.14.png  

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-20141219-17.37.14.png  

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-20141219-17.56.12.png  

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-20141222-10.45.32.png  

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-20141222-10.46.44.png  

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-20141222-10.49.06.png  

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-20141222-10.50.23.png  

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-20141222-10.52.58.png  

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-20141222-11.44.44.png  

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-20141222-11.47.24.png  


Last edited by Rudra Sen : 16th January 2015 at 07:35.
ramm3110 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 07:31   #1109
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 9,813
Thanked: 2,920 Times
Default re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Any other good places for food between BLR & Kurnool ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramm3110 View Post
My return journey was much slower, as I had slept for less than 3 hours, and preferred alertness and comfort over speed thrill (the latter had its due anyway!). I took 9 hours with plenty of tea breaks to keep myself alert and wide awake.
Next time, try a cat nap along with the tea. A short nap of even 20 min can freshen you up a lot.

Last edited by condor : 16th January 2015 at 07:45.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 11:04   #1110
Newbie
 
ramm3110's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3
Thanked: 9 Times
Default re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Most of the Dhabas I saw was on my return journey. One could however take a detour at Kurnool town itself- there are some good eateries inside as advised my my local friend.
ramm3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries madan80 Route / Travel Queries 2535 4th December 2016 07:17
Bangalore - Delhi - Srinagar - Delhi - Bangalore : Route Queries micrographics Route / Travel Queries 8 27th November 2015 14:47
Route Help: Hyderabad - Goa - Udupi - Bangalore - Hyderabad changaez Route / Travel Queries 28 22nd January 2012 16:56
Hyderabad - Coonoor - Ashtamudi: Route & Accommodation Queries MileCruncher Route / Travel Queries 2 5th January 2011 23:01
Bílore-Hyderabad-Nagpur-Jabalpur-Maihar Route/Hotel/Food Queries. Su-47 Route / Travel Queries 9 11th March 2008 11:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:52.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks