Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 28th August 2010, 13:11   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
I get what you mean. I am exploring Mumbai-Chandigarh now. Pune-Mumbai is a breeze these days. But I am digressing

Any suggestions on Manali accomodations?
I would recco that you fly into Delhi and then do a Delhi-Shimla-Manali-Chandigarh-Delhi circuit.

2nights in Shimla / 3 or 4 nights in Manali / 1night in Chandigarh.

You could check out the following places in addition to Span resorts in Manali,the Sarovar Hotel in Manali as well as the Quality Inn River Country as well as the Holiday Inn,Manali
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2010, 12:42   #47
BHPian

Snow Valley Resort in Manali is very Good. I 'd been there for my honeymoon & then suggested few of my friends & cousin.. they also stayed in the same resort & have good experience.
Marlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 22:00   #48
BHPian

Bookings done.
12 days to go!

Will share hotel details once I return since any non-positive comments on this forum will depress me .

Thanks to comments from folks suggesting Delhi as starting point. I checked with a travel agent without leading him and his recommendation was the same. He's booked HPTDC taxi service Delhi-Manali-Delhi for us. Removes the hassels of local cab booking and we have the same vehicle for the 10 days.

We've planned for 5 days in Manali excluding travel in-out days, of which 2 would be for Rohtang and Manikaran, 2 for just lazing around. Any suggestions on any other place for 5th day ?
mmxylorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 10:54   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
We've planned for 5 days in Manali excluding travel in-out days, of which 2 would be for Rohtang and Manikaran, 2 for just lazing around. Any suggestions on any other place for 5th day ?
Due to heavy snowfall last week, Rohtang is closed, you might be able to go till Gulaba or stopped even much before (depends on the clearance).

If you are in for walking up a mountain, you can goto Bijli Mahadev, a Shiv temple on the top and beautiful scenery, road goes till mid-way from Kullu and then its a walk up.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2010, 23:21   #50
BHPian

So here I am - typing from the Hotel room in Manali.
Hotel is Silmog Garden and I must say, the experience is great. This one is ranked #3 on tripadvisor (which I refer quite diligently for hotel reviews) and has provided everything mentioned on different sites.
Location off Mall road (2 mins walk). A very efficient staff providing good service, Free Wi-Fi (Signal upto 1st floor) with spacious reception to get the signal, Good decor.

BTW, road to Rohtang was opened and we made that trip today. Roadwork was in progress and traffic was stopped at two places for abt 30 mins. Total time to get up there - approx 3.5 hrs. Return trip was shade under 3 hrs.

More later under travelogues!
Old 3rd December 2010, 12:23   #51
BHPian

Here is the review of Hotel I stayed at in Manali (also available at tripadvisor dot com)

Rooms : I'd booked this hotel for 3 nights (family suite) based on tripadvisor ratings and reviews and it met all my expectations and then a bit more.
I'd reached the hotel after a long drive from Delhi in the wee hours. The staff provided me a temp room to let the kids catch up on sleep and we moved into our room at abt noon. The family suite has a bunk bed arrangement in a smallish offshoot off the main room which is quite good to provide them a cozy nook.There were disney themed bedsheets! The main room is decent in size with adequate storage space. Bath is huge with a tub and a shower place. A hot water boiler supplements solar heated water.Curtained wall to wall windows are good for catching sun but also the cold draft during winter. Wall to wall carpeting was clean and devoid of stains. Linen was clean and beds comfortable.
Service : Room service was quick. Restaurant service (breakfast) was limited and made to order - served hot. Meals required prior intimation to avoid a wait at the restaurant. Phone call from the kitchen to let you know that meal was ready to be served is thoughtful.
Hotel : The main building is 3 storied (no elevator) and is tastefully decorated with lot of wood work and potted plants. There is a completely separate restaurant (and it's own kitchen) serving non-veg dishes on the top floor. Well suited for people requiring this segregation. Along with tables, it has couple of sofa seating arrangements for group to catch up conversation and gossip!Location is 2 mins walk from the start of mall road. A new building is being built alongside which the owner mentioned would have an elevator and a game room for really snowy days for the people to enjoy activities withing the hotel. Parking outside the hotel is cramped. wifi is free and i could get it on my 1st floor room.
Staff/Owner : Gem of people! It's a family run affair and the family touch is visible everywhere. We were cautioned of the fleecing done by the winter wear rental places on way to rohtang, photgraphers etc and their advice on the right amount helped save a significant bundle.
Old 3rd December 2010, 21:21   #52
Senior - BHPian

We stayed in Johnson Hotel. Excellent rooms. Old world charm. Proximity to Mall but you wont feel you are in city centre. Good restuarant though only continental. Good value for money.
Fauji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2010, 23:25   #53
Senior - BHPian

The trout preparation here is to die for.. I stayed for almost 10 days here in 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
We stayed in Johnson Hotel. Excellent rooms. Old world charm. Proximity to Mall but you wont feel you are in city centre. Good restuarant though only continental. Good value for money.
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2012, 17:45   #54
BHPian

Default Re: Need suggestion on stay at Manali.

Hi,

I am going to Manali on Jan 21st, 2013. I will be there till 26th Jan. My wife and I are going there for our anniversary.

Can you suggest some good places to stay? I would want the room and hotel to be clean.

Any hotels where we can get good vegetarian food?

Also, can you please suggest on what all places are a must watch and how long will they take from Manali? I will reach there by bus.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Harsha
bhappyharsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2012, 18:02   #55
BHPian

Hi HappyHarsha,

We were in Manali in Late September and stayed in a place called Lords Residency. This hotel is on the other side of the river and near to the Mall road. But getting an auto would need some waiting. Otherwise excellent hotel with decent restaurent and great views. I could also get decent discount due to off season and even you should get the since you are travelling in Jan which is also off season.

you may check the following link for more information:
http://www.tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Revi...l_Pradesh.html

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Manjunath
Indian Ranger is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2012, 18:34   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha
Hi,

I am going to Manali on Jan 21st, 2013. I will be there till 26th Jan. My wife and I are going there for our anniversary.

Can you suggest some good places to stay? I would want the room and hotel to be clean.

Also, can you please suggest on what all places are a must watch and how long will they take from Manali? I will reach there by bus.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Harsha
We have had excellent experiences with Quality Inn River Country,right at the entry into Manali and overlooking the Beas river. Www.rivercountrymanali.co.in
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2012, 19:37   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post
Hi,

Thanks a lot in advance.

Harsha
Hi

You can try Apple Country Resort, it has nice property and very cozy rooms, and idle for your celebration of anniversary.

It has got disco, bar and restaurant that is pure vegetarian.

Cheers!!!
airwolf9211 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2013, 17:08   #58
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am reaching Delhi on Jun 16th at 22:00

I am looking out for some good travel agents who can arrange a nice package to Shimla,Manali for 3 to 4 days. I can reach delhi on 21st june or 22nd June. Please do let me know if you have some pointers.

The current quote i have got from Real India visit Travels is for around 18K for two adults and a 4 year old kid.(4 nights-5 Days) This includes transfer to and fro Delhi by a Volvo bus and Local sight seeing by an Indica car. It also Includes a deluxe room stay along with Veg Breakfast and Dinner.(Ashoka Classic Cottage/Green Swiss Cottage)

If you guys feel this is a good deal, please let me know, i will go ahead with this.
AbdulRahmanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2013, 18:19   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdulRahmanM View Post
Hi Guys,

I am reaching Delhi on Jun 16th at 22:00

I am looking out for some good travel agents who can arrange a nice package to Shimla,Manali for 3 to 4 days. I can reach delhi on 21st june or 22nd June. Please do let me know if you have some pointers.

The current quote i have got from Real India visit Travels is for around 18K for two adults and a 4 year old kid.(4 nights-5 Days) This includes transfer to and fro Delhi by a Volvo bus and Local sight seeing by an Indica car. It also Includes a deluxe room stay along with Veg Breakfast and Dinner.(Ashoka Classic Cottage/Green Swiss Cottage)

If you guys feel this is a good deal, please let me know, i will go ahead with this.
You could book online via makemytrip.com
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2013, 19:58   #60
BHPian

Hi Ranjit,

I have checked makemytrip, they are not offering anything in this range, i have asked for a quote from them anyways.

Regards,
Abdul
AbdulRahmanM is offline   Reply With Quote