Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 4th May 2017, 06:35   #211
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore - Kodaikanal - Velankanni : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by smekad View Post
Given this what would be a good restaurant near dindigul or 4 hrs from salem?

Thanks in advance
Thalappakatti Biriyani in Batlagundu is a good option for you.
arun_josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2017, 07:37   #212
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to travel to Kodai this weekend. I am travelling with infant and a child. Planning to start early at 6am (that is the earliest we can start owing to infant).

We plan to break for breakfast at Salem, however I am not sure if we can reach kodai for lunch as I am not an aggressive driver and with kids I will have to take frequent breaks. Not to mention the ghat section slows us down considerably due to motion sickness.

Given this what would be a good restaurant near dindigul or 4 hrs from salem?

Thanks in advance

You should be able to get to Kodai in 4 hrs even if you drive at a normal pace. Stopping between Salem and Dindigul will be an absolute nightmare ( read thermal shock )

If your kids have motion sickness , suggest you don't get them to eat before a ghat climb. It's a good 90 min climb. Maybe something like biscuits would do.

Alternatively Venu Biriyani in Dindigul town is a famous joint. 49, East Car Street, Begambur, Dindigul, Tamil Nadu 624001. ( Avila Le on Google Maps )

Talpakatti Biryani is available at Bathlagundu.

There is a Dindigul Tallapakati just opened 2 weeks
ago at Kodaikanal( opp Govt Hospital ). Easy to find and at the entrance of Kodai. Good food. Was there the day it opened.

Tank up in Shoolagiri , while coming back there is an A2B somewhere close to Dharmapuri. That complex had a company operated fuel bunk. Bunks in Kodai open only at 8 am so if you going to start early and need fuel , tank up the previous day.

Enjoy the climate. It's just awesome for summer.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2017, 14:51   #213
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore - Kodaikanal - Velankanni : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post

If your kids have motion sickness , suggest you don't get them to eat before a ghat climb. It's a good 90 min climb. Maybe something like biscuits would do.
Thanks, I think I will carry some snacks just incase and try to hit Kodai for a late lunch. I am lodging at villa retreat- will check if they can hold on to lunch for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Enjoy the climate. It's just awesome for summer.
Absolutely, thanks!
smekad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2017, 19:59   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, I think I will carry some snacks just incase and try to hit Kodai for a late lunch. I am lodging at villa retreat- will check if they can hold on to lunch for us.

Absolutely, thanks!

Stayed in the same place. Call Shyam. I am sure he will organise something.
Arjun Reddy is offline   Reply With Quote