| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|17th September 2008, 22:48||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: PKD CBE BLR
Thanked: 6 Times
Kannur to Mumbai and Back
I was planning to go to Mumbai day after tomorrow and return the same day. Now, I wanted to take the car, for a change. So, I need to know few things like directions, hotels, pointers etc.
- I have prior experience of going by road but that was few years ago. So I appreciate if anyone could shed some light. Last time we went, we started from Kannur in the evening, reached Manglore at night, stayed there. Started the next morning at 6, through udupi but I don't exactly remember where we jumped to the banglore-mumbai expressway (anyone ?). Reached Pune by 8.
- I am planning to start early from my hometown (perinthalmanna) then pick up my friend at Kannur.
- I just have few hours Job at Mumbai and then I'm free to return back.
- Its not a sight seeing trip, just go there and come back.
- I am taking my friends Accent, but I wanted to take my WagonR, what are your thoughts on that ? How much will the petrol cost for the round trip journey (back to Kannur) ?
- We don't want to drive at night. So, some decent hotels are appreciated. (Not )
- Any thing I should take care of, Keep in mind etc. ?
- Any reason you might think I should avoid this journey ?
|17th September 2008, 23:31||#2|
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore Kannur Manipal
Thanked: 5 Times
|18th September 2008, 00:59||#3|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Nov 2006
Thanked: 3,354 Times
But now the fastest route is for you to change over from NH157 to NH63 at Ankola and join NH4 at Hubli, instead of going via Goa.
In case you take the Goa route, if you are a relaxed driver, Goa could be a good place to halt. If going on the NH63/NH4 route, you could halt at Hubli or Belgaum.
H V Kumar - Driving Log Books - KUMAR'S DRIVING LOG BOOKS South India, Jan 2005
Check out this log book, has the Trivandrum-Kannur-Goa-Bombay route. You will notice I have done TVM-Bombay in 26 hours non-stop, and Kannur (4 am) to Bombay (10 pm), via Goa. Had I come via Hubli, I would have saved 2 hours.
I can email you the Udupi-Ankola-Hubli-Bombay route (NH17/NH63/NH4) route. Please PM me your email id.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Across the plains and around the hills to drive by the sea (Virajpet, Kannur & Muzhappilangad)||pdma||Travelogues||15||18th November 2015 10:34|
|My Enfield Cafe Racer!! Project Complete and I'm back. (Back to stock - Pg 6)||v12||Motorbikes||92||26th August 2013 20:40|
|Getting drenched in Munnar (Bangalore to Munnar and Kannur)||longdriveblusky||Travelogues||12||20th November 2012 15:44|
|Back 2 Back Ritz Vdi and Vista Quadrajet Test Drive||shobhit||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||9||19th April 2010 20:27|
|Reclaiming "Gods Own Country- Kerala" (Tellicherry and Kannur)||dadu||Travelogues||34||31st December 2008 15:30|