Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 24th September 2008, 12:19   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naman View Post

1. I want to know about a place which is away from the crowded tourist destinations like Shimla, Nainital, Mussoorie, etc.

I would suggest places like Dhanolti / Kasauli.

2. It shouldn't be too far away. It should be doable in max of 7 hrs.

IMHO, places around Nainital ain't doable in 7 hours.
3. Roads should be decent. I don't expect them to great this time of the year but it should be ok.

Road to Kasauli is good, don't know the current condition of the road to Dhanolti, especially when you hit the turn for the place after Dehradoon.
[/quote]
lordofgondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2008, 12:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hotel Roop Kumaon, Gagar, Ramgarh about 30km from Mukteshwar. I stayed there some years back and it was good.
Corbettphotos
lancer_rit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2013, 17:42   #18

Default Re: Help decide non-crowded destination close to Delhi !!

Hello everyone,

Which is the best route from Delhi - kanatal. Please also tell me about the road conditions, steepness(are the hill raods very steep), how long will it take from Delhi?

Thanks
rhn89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2013, 12:21   #19
BHPian

Default Re: Help decide non-crowded destination close to Delhi !!

I'd suggest the following:

Delhi - Rishikesh - Narendranagar - Chamba - Kanatop.

Another option is Delhi - Dehradun - Dhanaulti - Kanatop but I guess the first has better roads and is shorter too. It should take you ~8 hours with a couple of small stops in between. If your car's clutch & brakes are in good condition, no issues of steep roads. Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhn89 View Post
Hello everyone,

Which is the best route from Delhi - kanatal. Please also tell me about the road conditions, steepness(are the hill raods very steep), how long will it take from Delhi?

Thanks
lordofgondor is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote