Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 24th September 2008, 10:52   #1
BHPian

Arrow Night halts@Dhaba's on indian highways

I am about to undertake a trip in to sikkim+bhutan+eastern Nepalfrom Hyderabad and am just wondering about making night halts@ dhaba's along the route. Any insights into the issue as to the pro's & con's are really appreciated. Thank you all. :-).

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Post Edited. Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this, and please check for typos before submitting a post. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th September 2008 at 15:27. Reason: Please see note in post.
jp_in_hyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 08:23   #2
BHPian

Arrow **Night halts on indian highways @Dhaba's **

Hi Guys,
How come nobody relplying to me post ?

''Iam about to undertake a trip in to sikkim+bhutan+eastern Nepalfrom Hyderabad and am just wondering about making night halts@ dhaba's along the route.''' Saves me the trouble of getting in-out of cities/towns enroute (just for sleeping) - Truckkers do that ! all the time right..

Any insights into the issue as to the pro's & con's arereally appreciated.. Thank you all.... :-).'''
jp_in_hyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 09:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

Get enough stock of Odomoss. Mosquito net is not feasible because then you need to carry the corner posts also.
And also please ask the dhabawala more politely than you ask here
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 09:46   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp_in_hyd View Post
Hi Guys,
How come nobody relplying to me post ?

''Iam about to undertake a trip in to sikkim+bhutan+eastern Nepalfrom Hyderabad and am just wondering about making night halts@ dhaba's along the route.''' Saves me the trouble of getting in-out of cities/towns enroute (just for sleeping) - Truckkers do that ! all the time right..

Any insights into the issue as to the pro's & con's arereally appreciated.. Thank you all.... :-).'''
I would suggest not to take such kind of adventurous chance!
deepgautam_qa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 11:39   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Its perfectly safe, as long as you stick to punjabi dhabas (done that through most of N. India/Guj/north Mah/Goa) and HR 38 trucks. Every trip of mine has enough naps at dhabas even solo with luggage.

Odomoss etyadi will be a slight problem but if you're the hardy kind, not really an issue.

ofc, what locations enroute your plan - I cannot help.
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 11:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

Earlier we had A1-plazas for these type of things. Now, A2B is available with BPCL and IOCL has similar type. They are all on h/ways. Do check this out.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 19:32   #7
BHPian

JP,
Please let us know about your trip. I'm planning a similar one in November. Any information you share would be welcome. Especially road conditions.
midlifecrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 22:02   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

please share your route plans. I have sikkim plans as well.
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote