Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 12th May 2011, 23:06   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Noida - Chaukori route inquiry

Its doable to do it solo.Last April, I drove to Munsyari taking 18 hours (driving through the night and massive jams at Gajraula). You are spending too little time at each place. Better to drive hard on day 1, then drive around slowly on days 2/3/4.

Try Binsar on day 1. Its good for night view/sunrise & morning walk. Then drive to munsyari. Then next day morning, get around munsyari chill out. Then drive back from munsyari to delhi. chaukori has pretty much the same view of the ranges - why drive so much for the same view.
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 06:59   #17
BHPian

Thanks for the quick reply. Since Binsar is closer to Delhi, shouldn't I try and make Munsiyari on Day 1 itself? Can I consider Binsar for my 3rd Night halt so as to minimize drive time on the fourth day?

Also, I'd read somewhere that accommodation is a problem at Binsar. Would really appreciate some pointers.
lordavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2013, 17:19   #18

Hi Guys,

We(me and my wife) are planning a trip to Munsyari for 6days (26th-31st march).
Plan is as follows:
26th march - leave Gurgaon at 3:00am and reach Binsar TRH before 5pm.
27th march - Binsar to Chaukori
28th march - Chaukori to Munsiyari.
29th march - Munsyari (Local site seeing etc.)
30th march - Munsyari to Naukuchiatal
31st march - Naukuchiatal to Gurgaon.

I have made bookings at TRH Binsar and Chaukori. Called up the manager at TRH munsyari, was told no rooms available.

Kindly suggest me if any change in plan is required. I will be taking my punto MJD 2012.
also please suggest some nice accommodation at munsyari and must visit places in this trip.

Thanks in advance
ar_anupam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2013, 19:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

by TRH, do you mean KMVN munsiyari ???
simply_sunny001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2013, 20:17   #20

Yes I am talking about kmvn tourist rest house, at munsyari.
Rooms were available online but when I spoke to the manager he said sewer line was getting changed there and rooms are not ready. Even if i book my room online i wont get it at that time. He asked me to check at other places in munsyari.
Old 19th March 2013, 21:51   #21

Yes, I am talking about kmvn tourist rest house at munsiyari.
Rooms were available online at kmvn website. But when I called up the manager at munsiyari he said that sewer line was being changed and rooms are not ready. Even if you book online, you wont get the room. Better book some other place. He even suggested some hotel at munsiyari, dont remember the name.
Old 11th November 2013, 21:08   #22
BHPian

I am back from an excellent trip to Chaukori - Munsiyari - Kausani. The road conditions are acceptable to very good in the entire stretch.

There are very few tourists this season and tourism is badly hit there. The views were excellent with clear skies. A visit to these places is highly recommended as these sections are not hit by the floods.

We had put up on KMVN rest houses. These were excellent value for money stay options.

The hospitality of the KMVN Chaukori was excellent whereas the same of Munsiyari was acceptable. Both rest houses had excellent views from the top floor rooms.
black_panther is offline   Reply With Quote