Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 15th January 2010, 17:21   #46
BHPian

Do not forget to visit Miramar, Dona Paula, Palaoulem Beach, Old Goa St. Francis Xavier Church, Mahalakshmi Temple Panaji, Mangeshi. Lastly, enjoy the Santa Monica Ferry ride too.

Cheers
yogeshnaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 11:30   #47
BHPian

Been recently to Tito's/Mambo's (This is the last one in the row on the left hand side towards the beach. Grim reality of the place was that while there was a free entry for ladies every night, no stags were entertained. So our group couldn't even pay for their way in. Then we had some nice time watching F1 Monaco qualifying in one of the pubs outside.

But on the whole, are these places really couples only or do they allow singles also to enjoy their time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Club Cabana closed a couple of years ago and never re-opened.

Try out Mambo's in Baga which is the only nightclub worth going. However, the real action starts only after 11:30pm and mostly on weekends.

Tito's is crap, dont even think of stepping inside. Infact, there are a couple of small time joints next to them which is much more fun than Tito's at a much cheaper price.

You can also try out " Vanilla Lounge" which is bang on beachside, saturdays are good fun there.

Baga is the place to be if your a party animal. Have fun !
given2fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2010, 15:08   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchist View Post
Martin's corner in Betalbatim is the best place in Goa. Try the 3 varieties of Shark, Squid and goan fish curry n rice
Checked Martin's out on Wednesday last. Thumbs up for food, the butter garlic calamari was excellent, and the fish curry / fish fry combo was great. Also enjoyed the prawn rechaad. What surprised me was the quality of the food - its a reasonably upmarket place that hasn't lost its USP - decent portions of tasty grub.

Other impressions - the number of celeb visitors enshrined in photos on the walls is pretty awe-inspiring. Wednesday was also karaoke night - less said the better .
modthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 17:18   #49
BHPian

I visited one restaurant on Sinquerim beach called "Palms and Sand". The food was very good and it is very next to the beach and the view was awesome. A Twilight dinner is a great experience and you can see the Taj Aguada as well as the anchored ship on the Sinquerim beach from the tables. On the last day, Shaan and his family visited the restaurant and we were the only other customers at that time. The waiter proudly told us that Shaan always visits this restaurant everytime he is in Goa.
Newpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2012, 00:10   #50
BHPian

Default Re: Comprehensive list of "MUST VISIT" places in GOA. (Eat / Party / Chill / etc)

Any updates on this thread! Planning to visit next month. Please update on new places n also how are the self drive car rentals? Are they safe? New clubs?
manjith_pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2012, 10:42   #51
BHPian

Default Re: Comprehensive list of "MUST VISIT" places in GOA. (Eat / Party / Chill / etc)

Great Italian dishes at Tuscany Gardens. This is quite close to Vivanta Fort Aguada. Another landmark is the Kingfisher Villa.

Was there last night!
mmxylorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2012, 10:36   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Great Italian dishes at Tuscany Gardens. This is quite close to Vivanta Fort Aguada. Another landmark is the Kingfisher Villa.

Was there last night!
Yes this is one of the few quality restaurants that stay open during the monsoons.
It's quite authentic for Italian food. My favourite is fabulous ravioli (stuffed pasta), for a starter, the bruschetta (toasted bread with tomato and cheese) coupled with a nice Indian vineyard product. Makes for a great evening.
filcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2012, 13:26   #53
Senior - BHPian

Goa Beach Resort: Dona Sylvia Beach Resort | Official Website

Any reviews on the above place.

I have been offered a three night stay here. From the looks, it seems to be a quiet decent place. However I intend to search for noisier places. I think Baga is close to 70km from this place. Any other more touristic places around this area. I intend to stay here for a day which is mandatory and find my own accommodation for the other two nights.
Thanks
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2012, 15:12   #54
BHPian

I know of this place called Casa Europa which is right in the middle of Calangute and Baga. It is a huge 3 bedroom 4 bathroom villa with self catering kitchen. There is a built in bar and cable TV and AC's in all rooms. It is very good if you want to go as a group of friends or family. You can do your own cooking even though the servant is provided to you free of cost. The beach is less than 250-300 meter i.e. less than 2 minutes by walk. You can walk back from after party at Tito's. The place is highly recommended for honeymoon couples and families. It is mostly booked by foreigners and small time bollywood starts. A hidden gem in the middle of the best part of Goa. Visit their website at www.goanbeachhouse.com and email them for more details.
indigill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2012, 11:49   #55
BHPian

If you start with Panaji and breakfast:

Tatos near church and Cafe Bhonsale near Cine National are good for typical goan Veg breakfast of Usal pav, Mirchi Bhaji, etc. Cafe Real near Azad Maidan, just ahead from Cine National is little upmarket.

I will keep on adding.
CANPUSH is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2012, 12:48   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
If you start with Panaji and breakfast:

Tatos near church and Cafe Bhonsale near Cine National are good for typical goan Veg breakfast of Usal pav, Mirchi Bhaji, etc. Cafe Real near Azad Maidan, just ahead from Cine National is little upmarket.

I will keep on adding.
Looks this is interesting, is it possible to post the google maps to these places.
rk_sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2012, 15:48   #57
BHPian

I highly recommend FIESTA, located near Tito's, the ambience & the food is amazing. And as always, my fav place for breakfast is Infantaria.
mb_jg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2012, 11:56   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
I highly recommend FIESTA, located near Tito's, the ambience & the food is amazing. And as always, my fav place for breakfast is Infantaria.
Where is infantaria? Will you please tell?
CANPUSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2012, 12:28   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
Where is infantaria? Will you please tell?
Infantaria is right after the turn you take towards Baga road from the Calangute-Baga round about or near the Tibetan market place. It's pretty well known so asking someone will get you directions. The food is nice but a bit on the expensive side.
mb_jg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 19:06   #60
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread, or post the same message on multiple threads! We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 14th November 2012 at 18:52.
ashis89 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction